Telerik Forums
Telerik Control Panel Forum
5 answers

Hi,
yesterday control panel start requesting an update, but running the downloaded new version do nothing: I can see the progress bar moving but at the end I'm getting always the older version, and running again the control panel it keep asking to update.

So I uninstall the older version and run the installer again : the installer start, I can see the progress bar, at the end it open the control panel with my credentials, but don't install it into my system (windows 10 Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043).

Always run the installer as administrator, no antivirus and no firewall blocks.

I attached the install log.

Thanks

Nikolay Mishev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Oct 2021
3 answers

My team has 2 applications using Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core, one is using v2020.3.1118 and the other is using v2021.1.119.  Each application up until now was worked on by 2 different developers, but now one developer has been assigned both applications.  

The developer was originally working with v2020.3.1118 and has that installed on his machine via control panel.  Now that he has been assigned the application with v2021.1.119, he can't build it until he installs the new version via control panel.  The problem is that he has to uninstall the older version when the new version is installed (control panel seems to force this). 

Is there something we are missing here, it seems odd to only allow one version to be installed at a time.  We cannot update the older version to the newer without triggering a full QA regression (both manual and automated) that takes several weeks to complete before it goes into our release pipeline. 

Thanks

carl
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated answer on 07 Jun 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron