Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

I have round adhesive labels with a hole in the middle. I would like to design these labels using the report designer. To see the actual shape of my label, I use a background image in Designtime. This way I can place the text boxes around the hole.

How can I hide this background image when printing or previewing?

thanks

Thomas

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2024
1 answer
Looking to see what the best approach would be to integrated a graphQL data source into Telerik Reporting?  So far, wrapping it with a WebService or ObjectDataSource are options, but I am hoping that there is a more direct way.
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Feb 2024
1 answer

In Telerik Report Designer, I am having the worst time trying to figure how to find a proper scope name to get the sum of a given expression for every dataitem processing until the end of each page.

For the sake of simplicity, my datasource only has 1 column: saleAmount.

Sample values that fit on page 1

Footer running sum of page 1: 450

Remaining values that fit on page 2

Footer running sum of page 2: 500

According to this Telerik Reporting article, it seems I should use RunningValue(scope, Sum(Fields.saleAmount))

I've already spent a significant time trying to figure out what exactly should I use as scope parameter,

Please see the attached sample (MyPageRunningTotalSampleReport.zip)

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jan 2024
1 answer

Hello Team,  

I have a report that contains 2 images. one jpg --> base64   and one PDF --> base64. I use expression to fill the value for the picture Box controls as shown below. 

When I run the report the PDF image is missing. I also tried to paste the B64 text, but it didn't work. I'm I missing a step?   

Using Report Designer version 17.2.23.1010.  .NET Framework 4

1 answer
For the standalone / web report designer, is it open source and allow customization? 
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2024
1 answer

When ever I rotate the textbox angle within (90,180,270), this work. 

I have  a problem dealing with angles like ( 315),  the text is always wrapped to the next line regardless of the size of the textbox and number of characters of the textbox value .  So for example, "Etzebeth Thomas" is shown as "Etze" first line and the rest disappear or get displayed within the second line and so forth. 

Look at the below picture

This looks like an old issue based on the below post.

https://www.telerik.com/forums/textbox-rotate-angles

Any help ?

Thanks in advanced.

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jan 2024
1 answer

I want to choose which tool in the toolbar should display certain tools. How can I set this up? I'm using backend ASP.NET Core MVC and frontend Angular.

1 answer

I have 2 graphs with DateTime scales. But when the data is populated the graphs are misaligned slightly to right as below image, this is because graph1 has a y-axis labeled as 01-June and graph 2 has  31-May. Looks like because of the character's size 'Jun' and 'May', the graph representing May is slightly moved to the right. How do I adjust the spacing/padding between label and axis line ? I' using the telrik v17.1.23.

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2023
1 answer

I have my SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machine. I'm trying to use Managed Identity Connection String (without the need of username, password in the connection string) to connect my SQL Server with Telerik Report. I did not find any specific documentation or a question regarding this implementation. Any leads will be appreciated.

I can connect my SQL Server using this normal connection string: Server=tcp:sqlserverendpoint,1234;Initial Catalog=SampleDatabase;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=username;Password=password;MultipleActiveResultSets=False;Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Connection Timeout=30;

I'm trying to use this Connection String (which doesn't include username and password): Server=tcp:sqlserverendpoint,1234;Authentication=ActiveDirectoryManagedIdentity;Encrypt=True;Database=SampleDatabase;

Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 answer

Dear Team,

We have to evaluate an old project which uses Telerik Reporting Version Q3.2020. The task is to migrate and update older asp.net and Windows forms reports to newer report version.

Can you please share the link to download the Trial version of Telerik Report Version Q3.2020?

Thank you,

Anup

Lance | Senior Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Sep 2023
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?