Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

I have round adhesive labels with a hole in the middle. I would like to design these labels using the report designer. To see the actual shape of my label, I use a background image in Designtime. This way I can place the text boxes around the hole.

How can I hide this background image when printing or previewing?

thanks

Thomas

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Apr 2024
1 answer

When I copy and paste existing table from telerik report designer. i am getting below error

I set datasource and table from code.

how can we create a new table using the same datasource(which we set in code) from  designer?

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Apr 2024
1 answer

I have an app in Blazor that has an embedded designer.

I have the designer in a dialog, and I want to trigger the save command of the designer programatically (when the user clicks the "Aceptar"  dialog button). 
Is there a way to do it?

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Apr 2024
1 answer

I'm trying to build a custom report generator using the web report designer. all the data sources will be web service data sources.

now I need to impose restrictions for using the already created data sources/reports based on the logged-in user privileges.

1. How can I restrict some users from using certain Shared Data sources or accessing specific reports that are created based on their user rights? 

2. how can I get a list of all the web service data sources created programmatically?

1 answer
Good afternoon, we have an API developed in NET 6 that is running on a Linux server.
Using the Telerik Reporting 18.0.24.305 library, when executing the function var report = (Telerik.Reporting.Report)reportPackager.UnpackageDocument(sourceStream), where sourceStream is System.IO.File.OpenRead(ReportPath), we encounter the following error:

Failed to launch 'type:%20Telerik.Reporting.ReportSerialization.Current.ReportSerializable%601[Telerik.Reporting.Report]' because the scheme does not have a registered handler.

However, if the API is executed on a Windows server, it runs correctly.

How can this error be resolved?
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Apr 2024
1 answer

Hi,
I am using ASP.NET WEB API ( not .Net Core ) and I try to integrate Web report designer into my ReactJs front-end
Telerik.Reporting version 17.1.23.718

I am using this Configuration

ReportDesignerServiceConfiguration designerConfigurationInstance = new ReportDesignerServiceConfiguration
 {
     DefinitionStorage = new FileDefinitionStorage(reportsPath),
     SettingsStorage = fs,

SharedDataSourceStorage = new FileSharedDataSourceStorage(reportsSharedDSPath),
 };

It all works when I try to create a Shared Data Source and for the first time I want to bind it to a Wizard Table but when I go to Preview it shows me an error

An error has occurred while processing Table 'table1': Cannot instantiate the referenced DataSource. Value cannot be null.Parameter name: The path to the SharedDataSource asset was null or empty.

And If I save the same report and try to reopen, it doesn't recognize the shared data source and gives me this error:

Unable to retrieve the referenced Shared Data Source for 'sDS_Test1'.

But the shared data source exists and it is in the same place, if I try to manually add it again it will work and recognize it, but again the preview won't work.

Perhaps I have to use a CustomSharedDataSourceResolver ?

CustomSharedDataSourceResolver : Data.ISharedDataSourceResolver

If yes how do I integrate it in my ASP NET project cause I don't have the appsettings.json file to add the section:

I have to use Web.config but I don't understand how to integrate it, I cannot find any documentation for ASP.NET WEB API.

"telerikReporting": {
  "processing": {
    "resourceResolver": {
      // The element below represents an implementation of a Resource resolver that uses a path provider:
      //"provider": "path",
      //"parameters": [
      //  {
      //    "name": "directory",
      //    "value": "c:\\CommonResources\\"
      //  }
      //],

// The element below represents an implementation of a Resource resolver that uses a custom type provider:
      "provider": "custom",
      "parameters": [
        {
          "name": "typeName",
          "value": "SqlDefinitionStorageExample.CustomResourceResolver, SqlDefinitionStorageExample"
        }
      ]
    },
    "sharedDataSourceResolver": {
      // The element below represents an implementation of a SharedDataSource resolver that uses a path provider:
      //"provider": "path",
      //"parameters": [
      //  {
      //    "name": "directory",
      //    "value": "c:\\CommonSharedDataSources\\"
      //  }
      //],

// The element below represents an implementation of a SharedDataSource resolver that uses a custom type provider:
      "provider": "custom",
      "parameters": [
        {
          "name": "typename",
          "value": "SqlDefinitionStorageExample.CustomSharedDataSourceResolver, SqlDefinitionStorageExample"
        }
      ]
    }
  }
}

Please help me,
Thanks
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2024
1 answer

Hi,

I've created the REST reporting service and that is running. I'm trying to add Web Report Designer to Blazor WASM project but running into errors I can't solve.

https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/designing-reports/report-designer-tools/web-report-designer/how-to-set-up-in-blazor-application#adding-the-blazor-web-report-designer-component

Is there a demo Blazor WASM project that implements the Web Report Designer?

Thanks

Rob

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2024
1 answer

Hi to all,

I have an ASP .Net API ( NOT .NET Core ) web app and I want to connect to my database in web report designer through SQL Data Source in Report interface. My UI is ReactJS.

It works everything, I can save/load reports but I cannot add a valid SQL Data Source.

When I click SQL Data Source it gives me an error:

Error

t is not iterable

I tried to add a connection string in my Web.Config file 

<add name="Telerik.Reporting.Examples.CSharp.Properties.Settings.TelerikConnectionString" 
connectionString="Data Source=<MY PRIVATE CONNECTION STRING>" 
providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

But it doesn't work.

My code is 

public class ReportDesignerController : ReportDesignerControllerBase
    {
        static ReportServiceConfiguration configurationInstance;
        static ReportDesignerServiceConfiguration designerConfigurationInstance;
        static ReportDesignerController()
        {
            //This is the folder that contains the report definitions
            //In this case this is the Reports folder
            var appPath = HttpContext.Current.Server.MapPath("~/");
            var reportsPath = Path.Combine(appPath, "Reports");
            //Add report source resolver for trdx/trdp report definitions,
            //then add resolver for class report definitions as fallback resolver;
            //finally create the resolver and use it in the ReportServiceConfiguration instance.
            var resolver = new UriReportSourceResolver(reportsPath);
            //Setup the ReportServiceConfiguration
            configurationInstance = new ReportServiceConfiguration
            {
                HostAppId = "Html5App",
                Storage = new FileStorage(),
                ReportSourceResolver = resolver,
                ReportSharingTimeout = 1000,
                ClientSessionTimeout = 20,
            };
            designerConfigurationInstance = new ReportDesignerServiceConfiguration
            {
                DefinitionStorage = new FileDefinitionStorage(reportsPath),
                SettingsStorage = new FileSettingsStorage(Path.Combine(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.ApplicationData), "Telerik Reporting"))
            };
        }
        public ReportDesignerController()
        {
            //Initialize the service configuration
            this.ReportServiceConfiguration = configurationInstance;
            this.ReportDesignerServiceConfiguration = designerConfigurationInstance;

}
    }

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Mar 2024
1 answer

Hi Telerik team,

We are BNF Technology .INC company. We are very interesting in your Reporting tool[Report Designer + Report Viewer] solution for our web application(Angular).

Currently, we doing some POCs to check possibility to integrate your Report solution into our product.

We have our own specific(customize) requirements from our different customer. We want to make our own customization Report Viewer/Editor described as below:

1.With Designer:

- Can we customize UI items like menu, context menu, icon, show/hide allowed data components in component list etc..

- Can we add our own component(mainly its angular components) to drag-drop into Report area? Mainly we are using high-chart for chart  functionality. We had created Line,Pie,Guage chart etc in out project. We need to that component into Report area.

- Can we add our own data source type (not MySQL,... in your list)? We want make BNF source and put in data source list and allow user to select it and config data from that source to use in data components.

2. With Viewer:

- We want to control the data and allow to update report with real-time data (which we prepare in our server)

We also need to know about backend part for reporting tool. Is there any way or solution to use reporting tool without backend required? I.e. is any JS frame work is available or not?

If you have some example(with source code) or API document to do it, please share with us.

We may discuss more through email. Hope get your reply soon and we can go together in future.

Thank you very much.

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Feb 2024
1 answer

Hi,
We are looking for a way to display the following data in a crosstab. The data comes from a webservice datasource.
Each row represents an object of the following JobDto class with some pre-defined properties and an array of metadata.

public class JobDto

{
    public string Id { get; set; }
    public string Name { get; set; }
    public int Number { get; set; }
    public string Type { get; set; }
    public string Status { get; set; }            
    public MetadataDto[] Metadata { get; set; } = Array.Empty<MetadataDto>();
}

public class MetadataDto
{
    public string Name { get; set; }
    public string Value { get; set; }
}

How can we display first the fixed properties as pre-defined columns, followed by each metadata item from the array as auto-generated columns? We are primarily using the Web report designer.

Kind regards,

Lennert

Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?