Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
3 answers

Hi, currently we are using version 12.2.18.1017 of telerik reporting.

we are thinking of upgrading to the latest version since you guys have release the web designer which is really awesome.

however, we are still using VS designer to modified all the template. as far as I know, if we want to use web designer, we need to convert all templates to standalone template.

our currently project is rely on the report REST Service to get the report. we may want to switch away from the REST service or may be stay on it depends what is it offered in web designer.

So here are my questions:

1. What would be best solution for us from your perspective / expertise?

2. If we want to convert our old VS template to standalone template, how do we do it. We are using store procedure as Data source which means our old template is not parameterless (I think). What is the best way to convert them?

an example of how we import the data right now is attached in the file.

Recent update, I have managed to convert the file from our class object to trdx format. I am thinking to store it inside our DB so that we can call this format from an RESP API endpoint and present it to the html designer.

However, this template has alot funtions. not sure how would I called those functions if I am trying to access the template from a standalone designer or a html designer.

new xml file is attached.

Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?