Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

We converted the .rpt file to .trdp file using Telerik Standalone Report Wizard. The result is as in the screenshot.

But the data is not visible in the report. We are not sure about the reason. Can you help us on the below questions?

1) In our case, we have a table in the database with 3 columns it includes a binary datatype also. Whether this cause the data displaying issue?

2) If so, then to which format we have to convert the binary data?

I have attached the .rpt file.  (Rename .txt to .rpt).

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 06 May 2024
0 answers

We are experimeting a very slow perfomance when render report to xlsx format from version 17.2.23.1114 using .Net 7, render to pdf is perfect.
With Telerik 15.2.21.915 version report was fast using .net 5 

Test environment (.net 7 under linux container)
- api .net 7
- running in Linux Container. Pod Kubernetes
- nuget Telerik.Reporting (18.0.24.130)
- nuget Telerik.Reporting .OpenXmlRendering3 (18.0.24.130) with DocumentFormat.OpenXML 3.01 -DocumentFormat.OpenXml.Framework 3.0.1
- nuget Telerik.Reporting .WebServiceDataSource (18.0.24.130)
- nuget Telerik.Drawing.Skia (18.0.24.130)
- dockerfile includes next lines:
       RUN apt-get update
       RUN apt-get install -y libfreetype6
       RUN apt-get install -y libfontconfig1

We have this code to generate the report

var reportSource = new InstanceReportSource { ReportDocument = _report };
 var reportProcessor = new ReportProcessor();
 var renderingResult = reportProcessor.RenderReport(format.ToString().ToUpper(), reportSource, null);
 var telerikReport = new DocumentResult(renderingResult);
 return telerikReport;

When we use format="XLSX" RenderReport is very low, when use PDF in the same report time is perfect.

In last versions of Telerik, 15.2.21.915, perfomance with XLSX was perfect the same API but in .net 5

What can we do?

Israel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 01 Feb 2024
1 answer

Hi,

I have a set of data with a timestamp that changes with the order of milliseconds. I would like to add in my report a Line chart (or similar) showing the data as a function of the timestime. Unfortunately it appears that the LineChart allows you to lower the base unit only to seconds and not milliseconds. 

Is there any way to force the millisecond time?

As a workaround I tried two things:

First, to plot the data adding as cathegories the milliseconds, seconds, minutes, and h of the data. It works, but to be honest is not very pretty (see Img0.png)

Alternatively, I also tried to generate a Calculated field where I substract the Timestamp of the data with the First Timestamp, in order to have a time that starts from 0. From this Field, I wanted to manually calculate the milliseconds (adding also seconds, minutes, etc) in order to make a Scatter graph. However the obtained field has some issues. In the dataSource it appears as date, showing it has Minute, Second, etc, but if I try to refer to these subfields it gives me errors. I attached two pictures, one with the error shown if I just make a preview of the two data calculated, the other showing the Calculated Field (note that for the second one I'm simply collecting the Millisecond field). 

Could you please help me with this, maybe with an example? thank you in advance! 

Keep in mind that I would prefer to resolve it within Telerik, without the need to use outside code/calculations.

Antonino
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 13 Sep 2022
3 answers

Hi, currently we are using version 12.2.18.1017 of telerik reporting.

we are thinking of upgrading to the latest version since you guys have release the web designer which is really awesome.

however, we are still using VS designer to modified all the template. as far as I know, if we want to use web designer, we need to convert all templates to standalone template.

our currently project is rely on the report REST Service to get the report. we may want to switch away from the REST service or may be stay on it depends what is it offered in web designer.

So here are my questions:

1. What would be best solution for us from your perspective / expertise?

2. If we want to convert our old VS template to standalone template, how do we do it. We are using store procedure as Data source which means our old template is not parameterless (I think). What is the best way to convert them?

an example of how we import the data right now is attached in the file.

Recent update, I have managed to convert the file from our class object to trdx format. I am thinking to store it inside our DB so that we can call this format from an RESP API endpoint and present it to the html designer.

However, this template has alot funtions. not sure how would I called those functions if I am trying to access the template from a standalone designer or a html designer.

new xml file is attached.

Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?