Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

Hello.

Currently I am designing a report on which I have date and datetime data types.

I have prepared the data-base table with data that goes into the report (attachment data-model.png)

I prepared report template in telerik web report designer (attachment report_template.png)
I set format according to Standard DateTime Format Strings
Field with date data has format {0:d}

On preview (at Web Report Designer) the date seems to be ok (attachment preview.png)

Unfortunately, after exporting the report to excel (xlsx), the date type is not a date in excel (attachment invalid_format.png)

My appsetting.json file contains

"telerikReporting": {
  "extensions": [
    {
      "name": "XLSX",
      "parameters": [
        {
          "name": "UseExtendedFormatting",
          "value": "False"
        }
      ]
    }
  ]
}

What should I have to set/do in order to have date format in excel for cells that contain date and date-time data?
I would like to achieve result like below: for cell that contain date data in report I need date format in excel

I would like to emphasize that Standard Numeric Format Strings work:

• C or c (Currency) works fine
  • N or n (Number) works fine
  • G or g (General) works fine
  • P or p (Percent) works fine

Environment:

• Visual Studio 2022
  • .NET 6
  • Web report designer written in Razor pages
  • Packages (I know it's not the latest version, but it works the same badly on the latest version)
    • Telerik.Reporting v. 16.2.22.1109 (v2022.3.1109)
    • Telerik.Reporting.OpenXmlRendering v. 16.2.22.1109 (v2022.3.1109)
    • Telerik.WebReportDesigner.Services v. 16.2.22.1109 (v2022.3.1109)
  • jQuery v. 3.6.0
  • Windows culture pl-PL
  • I run my project on IIS
    • IIS version 10
    • culture pl-PL
  • project culture pl-PL
  • I set kendo.culture("pl-PL");
    • culture file https://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2022.3.1109/js/cultures/kendo.culture.pl-PL.min.js

regards

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Aug 2023
0 answers

I tried to follow the instructions here:

https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/designing-reports/report-designer-tools/web-report-designer/how-to-set-up-in-blazor-application

"Use NuGet package manager to add the Telerik.WebReportDesigner.Services package. This will also resolve other..."

Later on we have:

services.TryAddSingleton<IReportServiceConfiguration>(sp => new ReportServiceConfiguration
{
    ReportingEngineConfiguration = sp.GetService<IConfiguration>(),
    HostAppId = "BlazorWebReportDesignerDemo",
    Storage = new FileStorage(),
    ReportSourceResolver = new UriReportSourceResolver(Path.Combine(sp.GetService<IWebHostEnvironment>().WebRootPath, "Reports"))
});

But some of the types are not available. E.G. FileStorage()

Which is a part of 

Assembly Telerik.Reporting, Version=17.1.23.718, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be

So the instruction is misleading for beginners :-) 

Which additional pakets are needed?

Btw: A link to a ready made project may helpful.

:-)

Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 updated question on 26 Jul 2023
1 answer

Good Afternoon Telerik,

I currently am averaging to DateTime values from two columns Completed Report and Final Report into one column called CompToFinal

I am wanting to average Completed Report to Provisional Report columns. and, sometimes there is No Provisional report but it will ALWAYS have a Final date time. so I want to copy the averaged final time to the provisional column if no provisional value exists or is NULL. I have tried the following code but keep getting errors. Is there a better way to do this?

=Avg(Fields.PROVISIONALDATETIME.TimeOfDay - Fields.COMPLETIONDATETIME.TimeOfDay) ?? ? Avg(Fields.FINALDATETIME.TimeOfDay - Fields.COMPLETIONDATETIME.TimeOfDay)

Thank you!

1 answer

HI,
I have a problem with Telerik Web Report Designer (17.0.23.515) as explained in the documentation I proceeded to create api service controller and the view to host the application but when I run it I get an error poup with the following message :

Could not retrieve information for folder . Warning, model validation error detected!

The error is related to:

request:
"http://localhost/NTTData/KPI/api/reportdesigner/definitionresources/folder/model?uri="
> payload: uri (is empty)
> status: Bad Request
> remote address: [::1]:80
> Referrer Policy: 'strict-origin-when-cross-origin'

response:
{
     "Message": "Warning, model validation error detected!",
     "Errors": [
         "A value is required but was not present in the request."
     ]
}

Do you have any suggestions/info to solve the problem?

P.S: I've verified that the app can read and write to the report folder.

Thank You

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Jul 2023
1 answer

Hi,
 I am working on a ASP.NET Core (.NET 6) web application with the main report UI using the HTML 5 viewer, working from the REST service controller.

We also require automated report exporting to run at scheduled times with predefined parameters (to be stored and emailed). SQL datasource(s) and engine settings will be the same as used in the reports controller.

Please can you advise on the best approach to process and output export files from the server-side application code.

It looks like I need to use the ReportProcessor class, but not sure how to make use of "engine" config...

Further application detail and problem encountered:

I have implemented the EF Core based report storage example and have a custom function assembly, used in most reports.

The IReportSourceResolver is provided along with the engine configuration - connections strings and custom function assembly reference - in a ReportServiceConfiguration instance for the ReportsController.

I believe that ReportProcessor does not somehow obtain the IReportServiceConfiguration the REST controller has injected.

There is no issue running code in a background job (eg. Quartz.NET):

• loading a report instance with the IReportSourceResolver implementation
  • using code based on this example to set SQL datasource connection strings
  • using ReportProcessor.RenderReport().

This has worked fine for a little while, but the ReportProcessor seems to no longer find and load the custom assembly - though I'm sure it is output to the build location (and has had no recent changes).

Thanks.

1 answer

We have  reports designed in Telerik web report designer . Report will be displayed in HTML5 report viewer.  Report can be exported to excel. Issue is, while exporting, some cells in the excel are getting merged automatically.

Is there any way to prevent this?

Following is a sample report exported as excel from viewer. It has a header section and data populated in the detail section using table wizard. But in excel the marked cells seems like merged. Each table column need to fit in one column. Anything to do while designing reports?

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jun 2023
1 answer

We have a Telerik HTML5  report designer integrated in a .net 4.8 MVC application . Our requirement is to design cross tab reports. Data is populated from  stored procedures.  Around 40 - 45 columns need to be added in the row group of cross tab.  The issue is, after adding 30 columns, getting the below error message. Also it does not allow to save report.

Could not save 'Reportxxx.trdp'. An error has occurred. The reader's MaxDepth of 64 has been exceeded.

Any option to set max depth in .net 4.8?

Screenshot given below.

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Jun 2023
2 answers
I am having trouble integrating the web report designer into my react app using instructions in https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/knowledge-base/how-to-use-web-report-designer-in-react-js. 

Looking for help, I downloaded the recommended example for integrating web designer into react apps (https://github.com/telerik/reporting-samples/tree/master/WebReportDesigner%20in%20React%20Application/src).

When loading this example in Visual Studio code, I get a 404 error. I have done a NPM install and NPM start. I am new to react, so may be missing a step?
Shoshanah
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 18 May 2023
1 answer
1 answer

Hai,

I am spending hours and hours trying to get a simple Telerik Report to work in my Blazor web app.
All documentation on the website is for ASP.Net Core 6 and the ASP.Core 7 samples I can find, do not work for me...

I have a simple Blazor Web App that communicates with a Blazor Server using controllers and endpoints like. The data is stored in a SQL Server.

I have a table 'Genders' and I simply want to show a report with the fields id and name of table genders using the 'api/gender' endpoint to get the genders: 

var response = await httpDefaultClient.GetAsync("api/gender");
        if (response.IsSuccessStatusCode)
        {
            genderList = await response.Content.ReadFromJsonAsync<List<GenderModel>>();
        }

Is there a complete walkthough, thus including creating the Telerik report itself, creating the reportcontroller, in the server, adding services etc.

I am totally new to Telerik and I simply do not understand how to implement Telerik in my application.
Hope somebody can direct me to a good, working, sample or walkthrough... 

Regards, Marc

Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?