Web Report Designer

1 Answer 125 Views
.NET Framework Report Designer - Web
Robby
Top achievements
Rank 1
Robby asked on 30 Jun 2023, 01:23 PM | edited on 30 Jun 2023, 02:00 PM

HI,
I have a problem with Telerik Web Report Designer (17.0.23.515) as explained in the documentation I proceeded to create api service controller and the view to host the application but when I run it I get an error poup with the following message :

Could not retrieve information for folder . Warning, model validation error detected!

The error is related to:

request:
"http://localhost/NTTData/KPI/api/reportdesigner/definitionresources/folder/model?uri="
> payload: uri (is empty)
> status: Bad Request
> remote address: [::1]:80
> Referrer Policy: 'strict-origin-when-cross-origin'

response:
{
     "Message": "Warning, model validation error detected!",
     "Errors": [
         "A value is required but was not present in the request."
     ]
}

Do you have any suggestions/info to solve the problem?

P.S: I've verified that the app can read and write to the report folder.

Thank You

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2023, 08:15 AM

Hello Roberto,

Thank you for the provided information!

Please test one of the two suggested workarounds in the Could Not Retrieve Information for Folder Exception In The Web Designer - Telerik Reporting KB article and let me know if that helps.

Note that the workaround from the article requires using C# 8 or higher which you should be able to set in the csproj file:

<Project Sdk="Microsoft.NET.Sdk">
  <PropertyGroup>
    <LangVersion>8.0</LangVersion>
    <Nullable>warnings</Nullable>
  </PropertyGroup>
</Project>

In case you need further assistance, please generate and send me the following logs:

I will be looking forward to receiving an update from you.

Regards,
Dimitar
Progress Telerik

Stay tuned by visiting our roadmap and feedback portal pages, enjoy a smooth take-off with our Getting Started resources, or visit the free self-paced technical training at https://learn.telerik.com/.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 1
commented on 05 Aug 2023, 12:01 PM

I am having the exact same issue.

Do you have a vb.net fix for this please.

Dimitar
Telerik team
commented on 09 Aug 2023, 12:43 PM

Hi Andrew,

The workarounds from the Could Not Retrieve Information for Folder Exception In The Web Designer - Telerik Reporting KB article should also be applicable for VB.NET. However, language version 8.0 or newer of VB.NET is required as nullable types were introduced in that version.

For details on how to upgrade your project's VB.NET language version, please see the How can I use the latest VB.NET language level in an ASP.NET web site project? - Stack Overflow thread.

Tags
.NET Framework Report Designer - Web
Asked by
Robby
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
Share this question
or