Telerik Forums
UI for Blazor Forum
1 answer

I added a TelerikWizard with five WizardSteps on a page. No child components, all code directly inside the different steps. Navigating back and forward between the steps works fine, all steps/controls keeps their user input data/state.

After a while I had so much content that I wanted refactor some of the steps into components. I made the first component and added it to one of the steps:

<WizardStep ...
<Content>
    <TransferLocationTables @ref="refTransfer" LocationId="@VM.SelectedLocation.Id" />
</Content>

Now when I navigate to that specific step the component is always "reset" and I have to rearrange the data loaded from the DB again, which kind of defeats the whole idea with those steps and being able to go back and forth between them.

When I go one step back I can see in the debugger that the component still got all the internal data. As soon as I go forward to that step everything is empty again. Also noticed the components overriden OnParametersSet and OnInitializedAsync methods are called each time I navigate there so clearly the whole component is "reinitialized" and thus loosing the data.

So, is this changed behavior due to that when I had all code in the TelerikWizard everything behaved as a single component and thus all data persisted (didn't really leave it), but when I add child components they will automatically reinitialize everytime their step is rendered?

I guess I could persist the individual child components state by saving it to the DB and load it everytime I enter that step again, but I'm hoping there is a simpler soluton that I've overlooked (I'm fairly new with coding Blazor but coded .NET for a long time).

Svetoslav Dimitrov
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2024
2 answers

We have a need to enable non-linear access to our wizard. However, at the final confirmation page, we need to validate the user has completed the forms. There appears to be a bug that we cannot check if each form is valid on the final page. I've put together an example that shows 3 pages. When clicking next, I'm calling validate on each form then displaying the boolean value from each form in a dialog box. You can see that when a form is not visible to the user, the validate method always returns true.

Is there a workaround we can implement until this is fixed by Telerik?

https://blazorrepl.telerik.com/myEnGhbz35WxeVpM30

Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 01 Apr 2024
1 answer

I want to separate Wizard or Stepper into separate Blazor components.

Someone that can guide me how to separate the Wizard steps into different components? I struggle to make validation work and the step logic work with parameter or cascading value.

I cannot just follow Wizard Form Integration because I need more steps and my own UI in each step so my file will be too big.

I can only show the wizard right now with sending it from ""parent" to "child" but validation and step logic doesnt work.

Should i looking at Stepper instead of Wizard? or have someone an example?

TelerikWizard @bind-Value="@Value" OnFinish="@OnFinishHandler" >
            <WizardSteps>
                        <PersonalInformationTwo
                            applicationModel="@applicationModel"
                            personalInformationForm="@personalInformationForm"/>

Nadezhda Tacheva
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hello,

We are using a TelerikWizard with WizardStepperSettings Linear="false" and would like to move the labels inline with the step indicators. See this example picture:

Is dat possible?

Regards,

-Edo

Hristian Stefanov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2023
0 answers

hi,

I've been working on creating a form using the Telerik Wizard component, allowing users to fill out information across different steps. I've been using the same model for binding data in several WizardSteps. I referred to the example here: https://demos.telerik.com/blazor-ui/wizard/overview . However, I've removed the confirmation page since it's not necessary for my use case.
In the model, I have a few required fields, but I don't want to prevent users from moving to the next page if the current page's input is invalid. Instead, I'd like to collect all the validation messages and display them in their entirety on the last step. To achieve this, I placed a <TelerikValidationSummary> component in the last step of the wizard.
However, it seems that the validation messages aren't being displayed. I've attached a screenshot of my Razor page for your reference. It's a blazor webassembly app.
If anyone could provide insights or guidance on how to make the validation summary work properly, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nidhi
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 23 Aug 2023
0 answers

I a working on an app that has x number of steps depending user configuration.   I need to be able to call a service to load the model that I pass into the step.  However, I have not had any success finding an event.  I also tried using the OnInitialized within the component inside the step.  But that has not worked either.  Is there any event which will fire before the parameter is passed to the component within the step. 

Note: I really want contain it within the step because I have no way of know which steps are available without some complex logic.

@if (WizardInfo.ShowIncomeDetails)
            {
               <WizardStep Label=@IncomeDetailsText
                            IconClass="fa-regular fa-calendar-day fa-xl"
                            OnChange="@IncomeDetailsOnChangeAsync"
                            Valid="@incomeDetailsIsValid">
                    <Content>
                        <TelerikForm Model="IncomeDetails"
                                 ValidationMessageType="@FormValidationMessageType.Inline">
                            <FormValidation>
                                <FluentValidationValidator></FluentValidationValidator>
                                <ValidationSummary/>
                            </FormValidation>
                            <FormItems>
                                <IncomeDetails IncomeDetails="@IncomeDetails" @ref="@incomeDetailsComponent" />
                            </FormItems>
                            <FormButtons></FormButtons>
                        </TelerikForm>
                   </Content>
                </WizardStep>
}
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 09 Dec 2022
0 answers
I have a wizard with 3 steps and I want to persist the content because I don't want to lose the content's (components) data while navigating between steps.
Luyeye
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 21 Nov 2022
1 answer
Is it possible to add the Grid control or a component with a grid to one of the forms within a Blazor Wizard?
George
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated answer on 29 Sep 2022
1 answer

Hey!

Is there a way for me to change the colors of the Wizard Stepper?

I figured out that I can write css in my component that will override the css on the buttons, but I cannot figure out how to change the colors on the stepper. I'm terrible at css and am actually begining to work with Tailwind.

Used this to override the button:

.k-button-solid-primary {
        background-color: rgb(8 145 178);
        color: white;
        border-color: rgb(8 145 178);
    }

.k-button-solid-primary:hover {
        background-color: rgb(165 243 252);
        color: white;
        border-color: rgb(165 243 252);
    }
Hristian Stefanov
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Sep 2022
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?