Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
0 answers

We are trying to add the translation for the QuickAccessToolBar ribbon, but altough I have added the Identifier in our Resources. The entries remains in english.

if I select Show below the Ribbon, then some translation are applied others not:

What are we missing?

We using Telerik Version: 2022.2.815.45

We have added the identifier defined in this link in our resources:

WPF RibbonView - Localization - Telerik UI for WPF

Alessandro
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 13 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hello,

I'm using several RadNumericUpDown controls and when the language/region is set to English, as expected they show numbers with dots as decimal separators, which is fine. But when I set any European language/region they still show dots rather than commas. How can I fix this issue?

My code is like the snippet below:

<telerik:RadNumericUpDown Value="{Binding ScaleMin}" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Width="120" Margin="5"
                                                              VerticalAlignment="Center" SmallChange="0.1" ValueFormat="Numeric" IsEnabled="{Binding IsAvailable}">
                                        <telerik:RadNumericUpDown.NumberFormatInfo>
                                            <global:NumberFormatInfo NumberGroupSeparator="" NumberDecimalDigits="1"/>
                                        </telerik:RadNumericUpDown.NumberFormatInfo>
                                        <telerik:RadNumericUpDown.Resources>
                                            <Style TargetType="{x:Type TextBox}">
                                                <Setter Property="MaxLength" Value="8"/>
                                            </Style>
                                        </telerik:RadNumericUpDown.Resources>
                                    </telerik:RadNumericUpDown>

Thanks,

G.

Stenly
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Sep 2023
1 answer

Hi,

im unable to change my RadGridView language to French. Following this page :

https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/wpf/common-information/common-localization

I wrote this in the App.xaml.cs : 

Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("fr");
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new CultureInfo("fr");
Telerik.Windows.Controls.LocalizationManager.DefaultCulture = new CultureInfo("fr");

Then my RadGridView control have the "Language="fr" tag in the xaml.

The language of the filters are still in English.

I can see a dll called "Telerik.Windows.Controls.resources.dll in the documentation but can't find it anywhere.

Thank you

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 May 2023
1 answer

Hi,
I have a radPane defined as following.

The text is loaded dynamically so i can select a different StringDictionary.
It works perfectly on every string in application and also in this control, but the header is still in the original language (the dictionary is initially loaded and succesively discarded).

You can see the effect on the image attached: the text on the tab is correct, while the text on the header is wrong.

Thank you

Luigi

<t:RadPane  
		DataContext="{Binding DataContext, ElementName=radDocking1}"
		IsHidden="{Binding StatoFinestre.FinestreProgetto.DatiHidden, Mode=TwoWay}">
		<t:RadPane.Header>
		   <local:StackPanelText Orientation="Horizontal">
			<Image Source="/Images/Tab Dati_24x24.png" Style="{StaticResource TreeviewImageSize}"/>
			<TextBlock Text="{DynamicResource ResourceKey={x:Static r:ResourcesKeys.TabProjectDatiHeader}}"/>
		  </local:StackPanelText>
		</t:RadPane.Header>
Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Oct 2022
1 answer

Hello,

Until today, I was using Telerik libraries with the Visual Studio built-in extension. In other words, all the Telerik dlls were placed in a "Lib" folder and the various projects referenced them. Everything was working perfectly.

I would like to use Telerik via NuGet packages.

So I removed all references in my projects, deleted the "Lib" folder, and added the necessary NuGet packages as replacements in each projects.

The application compiles and launches perfectly.

Unfortunately, all texts (on a GridView for example) now appear in English (before, it was in French).

Looking at the "bin/Debug/fr" folder, I see that the Telerik.Windows.Controls.resources.dll file is missing. The file doesn't seem to generate when compiling. If I manually copy the file into this folder, the texts appear in French.

How do I make this happen automatically? I have the impression that the NuGet packages do not contain the resources of the different localization.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a problem with Telerik's NuGet packages?

Thanks in advance.

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Aug 2022
1 answer

I have read the Telerik Article on Localization with UI for WPF but I am using the Telerik NuGet server and the assemblies it provides to not appear to match what is in that article.   

My application...

• uses Telerik binaries *with* Xaml
  • uses the Telerik NuGet server to obtain its DLLs
  • has both English and French translations.

I see that the Telerik NuGet Server appears to provide two separate  assemblies related to each language.  For example, I see the following two assemblies with the ".fr" suffix for French

Telerik.Windows.Controls.for.Wpf.fr
Telerik.Windows.Controls.for.Wpf.Xaml.fr

What is the difference between these two?  Should I include them BOTH with my application or just one of them?

Vladimir Stoyanov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jun 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron