Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
1 answer

I don't see an easy way to do this.  I Selected the added item in the view model and then sent a message to the view to get it to call the Begin Edit method, but that didn't cause the card to go into edit mode.

Even though I added an item to the list that was bound to the Items source of the RadCardView,  I noticed when I made the below call (from the view code behind), the list of cardViewItems did not contain the newly added object that I added to the source.  Not sure why it is not automatically updating the cardviewitems, as the itemsSource is bound to an Observable Collection.  

IEnumerable<RadCardViewItem> cardViewItems = cardView.ChildrenOfType<RadCardViewItem>();

I think that when BeginEdit is called, it is not finding the CardViewItem and therefore it does nothing.  Not sure how to fix that.   Maybe there is a bug in the cardview class.

Dinko
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Dec 2023
1 answer

I am using a RadCardView for the first time, and nothing is displaying.  I have followed the online sample code, and even replaced the Rad Card View with a list box to make sure the bindings are working, and still nothing appears to be displaying in the area where the CardView (previously a list box) should display.  Here is part of my code: 

<telerik:RadCardView x:Name="cardView" Margin="5" 
                                     ItemsSource="{Binding Instruments}"
                                     MinorLength="140" AutoGenerateDataFieldDescriptors="False" 
                                     Grid.Row="1" >
                <telerik:RadCardView.CardHeaderTemplate>
                    <DataTemplate>
                        <Grid>
                                <Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                                    <ColumnDefinition Width="Auto"></ColumnDefinition>
                                    <ColumnDefinition Width="*"></ColumnDefinition>
                                </Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
                                <telerik:RadRadioButton VerticalAlignment="Center" BorderThickness="0" IsHitTestVisible="False" Width="15" Height="15" Margin="10,0" Background="{Binding ConnectivityColor}" CornerRadius="30" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="0"></telerik:RadRadioButton>

<Grid DataContext="{Binding }" Grid.Row="0" Grid.Column="1">
                                    <Grid.ToolTip>
                                        <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
                                            <TextBlock Text="{Binding Name}" Margin="0,0,10,0"></TextBlock>
                                            <TextBlock Text="{Binding Host}" Margin="0,0,10,0"></TextBlock>
                                            <TextBlock Text="{Binding SerialNumber}"></TextBlock>
                                        </StackPanel>
                                    </Grid.ToolTip>
                                    <TextBlock Margin="0,0,10,0" Text="{Binding Name}" HorizontalAlignment="Left" TextTrimming="CharacterEllipsis" Width="250" TextWrapping="NoWrap"/>
                                </Grid>
                            </Grid>
                        </DataTemplate>
                </telerik:RadCardView.CardHeaderTemplate>
                <telerik:RadCardView.DataFieldDescriptors>
                    <telerik:CardDataFieldDescriptor Header="Name" DataMemberBinding="{Binding Name}" />
                    <telerik:CardDataFieldDescriptor Header="IP Address" DataMemberBinding="{Binding Host}" />
                    <telerik:CardDataFieldDescriptor Header="Serial Number" DataMemberBinding="{Binding SerialNumber}" IsReadOnly="True" />
                </telerik:RadCardView.DataFieldDescriptors>
                </telerik:RadCardView>
HemoSonics
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 28 Nov 2023
2 answers

Hello,

I am using the CardView-Control. Is there an event when the user expands/collapses a card?

regards

Tobias

Stenly
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Mar 2022
1 answer

Hello,

I want programmatically expand/collapse cards when the item source of the card view changed.

Can you advise me an event to do that?

regards,

Tobias

Stenly
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Mar 2022
1 answer

I've been working with the yWorks for WPF technology for a few years now and have a chance to compare it to the Telerik WPF Diagramming framework and API sets; in my mind, these are complex and advanced UI frameworks. However, getting started is a long learning curve in many areas of geometry, some trigonometric calculations, systems programming, and some advanced animations work.  We are working to create the following technologies using the Diagramming frameworks:

• OWL 2 DSL Logic and Visualization facilities
  • DSL Composition Editor and Visualization facilities
  • Microsoft Graph Engine TSL Editor
  • Real-time Workflow CMN and DMN Materializer and Interactive Visualization Facilities

I've been using yWorks - a fantastic technology and product, but expensive; it would be great if there was a better set of samples and tutorials around the dynamic use of the Diagramming APIs set for runtime capabilities. I think I've seen what guidance Telerik has made available to date; are there some additional resources available and what type of "professional services" might be available.

Tavi

1 answer

Hello,

is it possible to use the CardLayout-Property Rows but prevent wrapping?

I want to have just a single row with a horizontal scroll bar.

regards,

Tobias

Stenly
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Feb 2022
1 answer

Hi guys,

I tried to use a RadCardView wich I wanted to replace a RadListBox, so I bound it to the same Collection in my ViewModel.

This collection is a ObservableCollection. To this collection are items added and removed from code behind from time to time. 
But when this happens I get a nullreference exception.
In the Listbox everything is fine...

And the exception of the CardView is the same with or without a Dispatcher.

Does anyone have an idea what could solve this?

Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Nov 2021
4 answers

Hello, 

I'm new to WPF but have been developing software for more than 22 years (vast majority has been in C#).

I'm looking for information on how to properly format the CardView's CardHeaderTemplate. I'd like to be able to put a line break between two pieces of data:

Table # 5

Guests 3

Following is my xaml:

<telerik:RadCardView CardLayout="Rows" 
                                     Height="Auto" Width="Auto" 
                                     ItemsSource="{Binding PartyCards}" 
                                     CardHeaderBinding="{Binding Path=.}" 
                                     AutoGenerateDataFieldDescriptors="False" 
                                     IsReadOnly="true">
                    <telerik:RadCardView.CardHeaderTemplate>
                        <DataTemplate>
                            <StackPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
                                <Label Content="Table # " FontWeight="Bold" Foreground="White" />
                                <Label Content="{Binding TableNumber}" FontWeight="Bold" Foreground="White" />
                                <Label Content="Guests " FontWeight="Bold" Foreground="White" />
                                <Label Content="{Binding GuestCount}" FontWeight="Bold" Foreground="White" />
                            </StackPanel>
                        </DataTemplate>
                    </telerik:RadCardView.CardHeaderTemplate>

<telerik:RadCardView.DataFieldDescriptors>
                        <telerik:CardDataFieldDescriptor Header="" DataMemberBinding="{Binding OrderItems}" />
                    </telerik:RadCardView.DataFieldDescriptors>
                </telerik:RadCardView>

Much appreciated!!

-Mark

The Nimble Coder
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
 answered on 07 Nov 2021
1 answer

Hello

If I update, build and run as usual, I get an error. (2020.3.1221.45 -> 2021.1.215.45)

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException'(PresentationFramework.dll)

Cannot find resource named 'CardView_DropDownButton_Foreground_Focused'. Resource names are case sensitive

I don't use CardvView. I just update and I get an error.

(My environment is NoXaml and Themes is Window7)

Use Reference : Telerik.Windows.Controls,  Telerik.Windows.Controls.Chart, Telerik.Windows.Controls.Data, Telerik.Windows.Controls.GridView,  Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input,  Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation, Telerik.Windows.Data,

Thnaks.

Vicky
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Feb 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron