Telerik Forums
Test Studio Forum
1 answer

Hi there,

I’m trying to change a number in a test on a website. It should update to a new number, but it keeps using the old one. I can’t show pictures because of security rules.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2024
1 answer
I have 2 login test that are identical, the difference being the credentials used (internal vs external user). I will eventually data drive but for now I am hardcoding the credentials. The problem I am facing is when I update the credentials for one test, the credentials for the other gets updated as well. How do I make my updates applicable to just one test?
JR
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 22 Feb 2023
1 answer

Hi Team,
We are encountering this issue for quite a while now and have not been able to find a solution for the same.
We are trying to create a test list with 4-5 tests. All the tests were originally tested and all were passing, but after adding them to the list and running the list, we encounter issues in random steps spread throughout the entire list.
Even after debugging them, we face a different set of failures that weren't happening earlier. There also have been situations, where the entire list passed without any failure, but we are not able to understand the root cause for this inconsistency.
Is there any solution to resolve this behavior?

Thank You.

Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Sep 2022
1 answer

Hi Team,

We are trying to enter some data for a certain set of cells, but the Test Studio Application is unable to locate the intended cells. The automation starts to select random unwanted cells resulting in incorrect entries. And in the end, the application incorrectly states that all our steps were successful.

We tried multiple methods-1. Using the left double click option, 2. Using the right arrow key, 3. Using the tab key. But none of them lead us to the correct position.

Below we have attached a zip files containing images for all the stages and the intended result.

Thank You

Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Jul 2022
1 answer

I'm currently unsure how to go about this. Take for instance this simplified version of the issue as shown in this series of tests as steps.

1. Log in as user A

2. Perform actions Q,R,S

3. Log out of user A's profile

4. Log in as user B

5. Perform actions T,U,V

6. Log out of user B's profile.

Currently, I don't have a way to let the application know that the second time the "Log in" test runs, it's supposed to use a different bit of data. If I have two rows of data for that test. It simply runs the entire list of tests (from 1-6) for each row. But I'd like for it to run only once, but using different data for each Log in.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jan 2022
1 answer
Can we Build and run Test Studio in Jenkins CI deployed (.war) on a  server like tomcat? 
1 answer
I do not see any posts regarding Specflow integration in the last 5 years, and I wanted a current answer. I am writing an application in Blazor, using Telerik components, with all my test cases written in Gherkin. Selenium integrates with Specflow, and I can call my test cases from Specflow as part of a fully automated regression test each time I build. However, I'd like to use Telerik Test Studio, as offers some advantages, but I still want to drive my testing from Specflow. A post from 7 years ago by Cody from Telerik said only the Telerik testing framework was compatible. Is this still true? My hope is I can use Test Studio to create the test cases, then integrate them with Specflow using a bit of code.  
Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Dec 2021
1 answer
Is there any capability to programmatically (or not programatically) export existing results (both from the scheduling server and local results) to an output like nunit/junit/or trx (for azure devops).  Is there a method within some of the TestStudio API library that would assist with this?

Looking to leverage some alternative reporting options from our results.
Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Aug 2021
2 answers

I thought I had this figured out, but TS has proven me wrong. My problem is with find expressions and has happened multiple times. When I fix an expression and validate it, TS says it can find the element. However, when I run the test, the same step fails with the same cant locate error. When I look at the find expression, its still the one I corrected but now TS doesnt recognize it as valid expression.

Another issue I'm have has to do with 'Enter text'. All I get is errors like:  

Target '[Element: 'ul:0']' is not a supported element to set text to.

Thanks

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jul 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron