Telerik Forums
Test Studio Forum
1 answer

Hi,

We are coming over from iMacros and running into a few tough spots.

In the past we used variables to enter dates 7, 14 or 21 days in the past.

Is there a way we can do this with Test studio?

The format we need would be "09/01/2023+" the plus sign is included in how we enter the date.

With iMb we had the variable as "d=new Date();d.setDate(d.getDate()-21);var day=d.getDate().toString(); if (day.length < 2) {day = \"0\" + day;} var month = (d.getMonth() + 1).toString(); if (month.length < 2) {month = \"0\" + month;} var year = d.getFullYear().toString(); month+'/'+day+'/'+year+'+';""

I have been trying for a week now to figure this out. Thanks!

Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2023
1 answer

Hi,

I want to check a line arrangement. So I tried Horizontal Alignment. But it is not working..Can you give some example for using this Horizontal Alignment Property

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2023
2 answers

Hello,
unfortunately i have not found, if you can connect a tds file to your test studio?

Is this possible?
With such a file test studio would be able to find elements in testsoftware.

______

Are elements always displayed in the tree structure?
Can elements be used in other test suites?

thank you for answer :)

Tobias
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 14 Apr 2023
1 answer

Hi,

I'm having an issue with verifying a button if it's disabled or not in a web app. I'm using the Verification - Enabled test step but Test Studio keeps returning an error saying the button is enabled even though it's already disabled/unclickable in the web. Can anyone from the Telerik Team check this?

Please see:

Disabled button - https://www.screencast.com/t/fTK7KoDw 

Error from Test Studio - https://www.screencast.com/t/aU2NAtane2a7

Thanks,
Roldan

Elena
Telerik team
 updated answer on 23 Feb 2023
1 answer

Hey guys,

I have a kendo menu via ASP.NET Core:

<kendo-menu name="menuNavigation">
	<scrollable enabled="true" />
	<items>
		<menu-item text="Einstellungen">
			<sub-items>
				<menu-item asp-action="Index" asp-controller="Einstellungen" text="Fahneneinstellungen & Preise"></menu-item>
				<menu-item asp-action="Archiv" asp-controller="@Namings.Data.Loan" text="Archivierte @Namings.Data.Loans"></menu-item>
			</sub-items>
		</menu-item>
	</items>
</kendo-menu>

What I'm trying to achieve is to make a mouseover event over the "Einstellungen" menu item, that it opens the underlying menu (I think you call these sub menu items "options"). Then I want to navigate the mouse to the sub menu item and click on that, triggering a link and change the browsers url.

KendoMenu menu = Pages.Home.MenuNavigation;

KendoMenuItem menuItemSettings = menu.AllMenus.SingleOrDefault(x => x.MenuItemTitle == "Einstellungen");
menuItemSettings.MouseHover();
Wait.For(x => menuItemSettings.AllOptions.Count > 0, menuItemSettings, 5000); // running into a timeout, because menuItemSettings.AllOptions always 0

KendoMenuOption menuOptionSettings = menuItemSettings.AllOptions.SingleOrDefault(x => x.MenuOptionTitle == "Fahneneinstellungen & Preise");
menuOptionSettings.MouseClick();

ActiveBrowser.WaitForUrl(Pages.Settings.Url, false, 10000);

With my code I can achieve already moving the mouse to the menu item and hovering over it, but the I'm getting a timeout in the wait step. Indeed the menu item's "AllOptions" property always remain "0". Although in the testing browser the mouse is successfully hovering over the kendo menu and it actually opens the submenu, in code these submenu items are never recognized.

Am I doing something wrong? Or do you have some better solution for me to achieve this behavior?

Test Studio version 2022.2.804 and I'm using the VS 2019 extension.

Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2022
1 answer

Hi,

I have testcases missing from my project folder, does anyone know how i can recover them?

1 answer

In my example the string below is in a single element in my web page. When i use the "extract" step, it extracts the entire string, however, i want to be able to extract or use only the reference in this string. How is that achieved?

See Bargain Reference of BBSTI22DF9504388

Note, this reference is different each time. 

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Apr 2022
1 answer

Hello,

I need to click a link that is off the screen to the right.  Is within a frame within the main browser.

Test identifies the element as it waits for it to exist but refuses to click it.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Adrian

Adrian
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 11 Apr 2022
0 answers

Hello,

I currently trying to automate a test with Teststudio where i insert a value to an input field on a webpage, save it and then edit it to annother value.
But when i run the test and the value shall be edited, the Test inserts the old value of this field.

Unfortunatly i cannot show Images in public due to security permissions.

Regards

Tobias Marx

Tobias
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 08 Feb 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron