Telerik Forums
Test Studio Forum
1 answer

Hello Telerik Team,

I'm currently automating a script for a web based application that shows a Javascript alert as soon as Save is clicked in the application.  However, the Telerik recorder is not able to capture it but I need to be able to accept the alert (click OK) in order to continue to the next step.  Does Telerik support this type of scenario?

Thank you and look forward to your response.

Maria

Shtilianov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Apr 2024
1 answer

Hi Team,

I have an issue when putting the action "Handle 'Generic' dialog" in condition IF...ELSE.

When I didn't use condition IF...ELSE, the step Handle 'Generic' dialog is PASSED.

This is the dialog that I want to handle:

And, this is the pass result:

But, when I used the condition IF...ELSE and put the Handle in the ELSE sentence. I got this error

I wonder why the Handle doesn't work in the ELSE sentence?

Please help me look into this problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Tien

Shtilianov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Mar 2024
4 answers

Hi again.

Moving from iMb to Test Studio working out a few issues.

We save files using a name that includes the current date like below.

"New_File_all_all_20230911_001.csv"

We use the following string in iMb using a variable for the file number at the end(which we don't HAVE to have but it would be nice).

ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=Z:\folder\folder_name\{{!NOW:yyyymmdd}} FILE=New_Filet_all_all_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd}}_00{{!VAR2}}.csv

Is this possible with Test Studio?

Thanks!

Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Oct 2023
1 answer
I have a test that downloads an excel spreadsheet from a website.  I disabled the dialog popup from my browser, and was able to run the test using Microsoft Edge.  When I tried it in headless mode, it gives me an unexpected dialog error.  Is this a feature that will not work in headless mode?
Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jul 2023
1 answer

So im testing out Test Studio and when i try to record a task to displays a file chooser dialog, any actions done in the dialog are not recorded.

We use internally a notification mechanism that handle such dialog requests but in the end it does display a dialog window.

I believe that the issue is that the form SaveAs form called in the end is not a WPF dialog but a winform one. However it seems like there is no way to mix the two tests together.

I tried to create a Win form test and call it from my WPF test but it wont let me.

Is there any way to force the recording in that particular dialog?

Also on another question, what if my application opens windows explorer and would like to code some actions to be done in windows explorer. Im not sure i know how i can do that?

Thank you

Ivaylo
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jun 2023
0 answers

Side panel disappearing while recording the scripts.

Brijesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 15 Feb 2023
1 answer

When I try and navigate away from a particular page on my site I get the following error as it thinks I have made a change but haven't;

"Leave site?

Changes that you made may not be saved."

2 options (buttons) "Leave" and "Cancel"

I want to click "Leave" but Test Studio does allow me to identify the leave button.

Any ideas how I get around this?

Thanks

Adrian

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Jun 2022
1 answer

I'm automating a web system in Internet Explorer (the only browser supported). At a given point, I'm supposed to click a button and that should launch a second window. When clicking the button, this security dialog pops up: "Only secure content is displayed." and clicking in "Show all content" should allow the new window to open up.

Since the dialog is not a part of the DOM, I can't record it. Perhaps a coded step would be the solution, but I can't make it work. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Oct 2021
1 answer

Hi,

I am trying to implement SaveAsDialog class in my coded step and receive this compilation error:

[ Compiler ] error CS1729: 'ArtOfTest.WebAii.Win32.Dialogs.SaveAsDialog' does not contain a constructor that takes 4 arguments
12:22:14 'INFO' > Build Failed

This is weird, as I follow the documentation here for the class. How is it possible that now the compilation error here show the constructor does not take in 4 arguments?

Following is the code I have written:

SaveAsDialog dialog = new SaveAsDialog (Manager.ActiveBrowser, DialogButton.SAVE , @filepath, Manager.Desktop);
Manager.DialogMonitor.Start();
dialog.SaveFileName = filename;
dialog.WaitUntilHandled(30000);

Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance.

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2021
1 answer

Good morning,

I am trying to add dialog elements to my tests but none of them shows up. I even tried testing as a step but no luck. I see that the browser handlers are up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jun 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron