Telerik Forums
Test Studio Forum
1 answer

Hi,

I want to check a line arrangement. So I tried Horizontal Alignment. But it is not working..Can you give some example for using this Horizontal Alignment Property

Elena
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2023
1 answer

Hi,

I have testcases missing from my project folder, does anyone know how i can recover them?

0 answers

Hello,

I currently trying to automate a test with Teststudio where i insert a value to an input field on a webpage, save it and then edit it to annother value.
But when i run the test and the value shall be edited, the Test inserts the old value of this field.

Unfortunatly i cannot show Images in public due to security permissions.

Regards

Tobias Marx

Tobias
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 08 Feb 2022
1 answer

Hi,

We have begun using Test Studio with Angular 13. We use Kendo UI for Angular as our control set.

When we record a step, the picker is often unable to pick the actual element. For example, regard this UserName form field. It's wrapped in many Kendo elements. The picker in the Recorder can't find the Input text box, but rather only the "FormField" element since it's at the top.

<kendo-formfield>
          <kendo-floatinglabel text="User Name">
            <kendo-textbox
              name="txtUserName"
              title="User Name"
              formControlName="userName"
              kendoTextBox
              required
              autocomplete="username"
            ></kendo-textbox>
          </kendo-floatinglabel>
          <kendo-formerror id="lblRequired1">Required</kendo-formerror>
        </kendo-formfield>

Is there a guide on how to setup our Angular Kendo controls so that the Recorder can find the value of the Text box?

Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Feb 2022
1 answer
When we are using highlight element method to record steps for a WPF application Test studio identifies the element using XAML path as its default Find logic. If there is a property "AutomationProperties.AutomationId" is set Teststudio doesn't grab this automation Id by default. Is there a way to force Teststudio to always get Automation Id if it exists and then fall back to XAML path  for its find logic ?
Plamen Mitrev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Nov 2021
0 answers

Hello,

recently I had update to version 2021.1.616.0 and after this update all KendoAngularTextBox stop worked and my tests are failing. When I open element in record mode its OK and element is located, but can't work with it (validation, insert text etc). I have tried record it again and localization of element have changed (pic1 old and pic2 new).

Can someone help me solve this, because remaping all elements is to many hours work.

BTW: when I use old version of telerik test studio KendoAngularTextBox is working fine

Thx for any help

Filip
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 27 Jul 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron