Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

Hi,

We're currently investigating Telerik reporting as a replacement reporting product. There are two features we're trying to understand if there is a suitable method in Telerik.

1. Parameters driven report. We want to able to present the user with parameters before the report retrieves any data.

As an example, present a list of sites that the user can choose from and then retrieve the data for only that site in the report. I've included a link to a similar idea seen in another product.

https://developer.mescius.com/activereportsnet/demos/dynamic/parameter-driven

2. Drop down tree filter

When a report is loaded to be able to filter with a drop down tree filter similar to the Kendo component.

As an example, the user opens a report for all sites. This list contains 200 sites. After opening they want to filter to only show a small subset of those sites. The drop down tree would be ideal for this.

https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/dropdowntree/index

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 22 May 2024
1 answer

Is it possible to filter by columns in a table from Telerik reporting like a grid view?

Eg. the Image is attached.

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jul 2023
2 answers

Hi i'm davide, in these days i'm working for a project that requires telerik on windows form c# desktop application.        So i'm trying to figure out what i need to do it but i don't find pretty much anything online, i can't find a solution please help me.

My little exercise consist in asking a year of school (1 to 5) to print only the ones students in that year, cvyear is a int from 0 to 5, I'M ITALIAN SO 1) ANNO = YEAR, classes is a type class, stu is a list of student. CODE:

string year = cvyear.ToString();
            var report1 = new Telerik.Reporting.Report();
            report1.DataSource = null;
            reportViewer1.ReportSource = null;
            var objectDataSource1 = new Telerik.Reporting.ObjectDataSource();
            objectDataSource1.DataSource = null;
            objectDataSource1.DataSource = classes.Stu;
            report1.DataSource = objectDataSource1;
            Telerik.Reporting.ReportParameter reportParameter1 = new Telerik.Reporting.ReportParameter();
            reportParameter1.Name = "yearParam";
            reportParameter1.Text = "Enter Value for year";
            reportParameter1.Type = Telerik.Reporting.ReportParameterType.Integer;
            reportParameter1.AllowBlank = false;
            reportParameter1.AllowNull = false;
            reportParameter1.Value = year;

reportParameter1.Visible = true;

reportParameter1.AvailableValues.DataSource = objectDataSource1;
            reportParameter1.AvailableValues.ValueMember = "= Fields.Anno";

Telerik.Reporting.Filter filter1 = new Telerik.Reporting.Filter();
            filter1.Expression = "= Fields.Anno";
            filter1.Operator = Telerik.Reporting.FilterOperator.Equal;
            filter1.Value = "="+ year;

Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource reportSource = new Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource();
            reportSource.ReportDocument = report1;
            reportViewer1.ReportSource = reportSource;
            reportViewer1.ClearHistory();

reportViewer1.RefreshReport();

Davide
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated answer on 29 Jun 2023
1 answer

Good Afternoon Telerik,

I run a report for the previous month at the beginning of every month. In example, Today's Month is April- I run the report for the entire Month of March. How can I create a Text field within Telerik that will show the previous month in example March and updates every month so if I run it May 1st it'll show April etc..?

I've tried the following functions but kept getting an error. (see screenshot)

= Today(AddMonths() -1)

1 answer

So, I have a report that I can't seem to filter. I want to filter the report based on the SalesCode.

I absolutely know that SalesCode "LB040" exists, but my report is blank when I run it. If I delete the filter, the report shows all the SalesCodes.

Am I formatting it wrong? Is it in the wrong group? I've tried filtering the StopGroup, but that didn't help.

Thanks for the help!!!

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jan 2023
1 answer

Hello,

I have one table and I am getting values to display from sql data source.

I am displaying only some of values using filter and grouping of data, but I am getting wrong sum as it is taking from data source.

what should I do to get sum of only displayed values.

Thanks in advance.

0 answers

Say I have a list of object and I want a field to show one specific value from those objects.

public class Data
{
  public List<Obj> Objects { get; set;}
}

public class Obj
{
  public string Name { get; set;}
  public int Id { get; set;}
}

Data reportData = [

{Name: abc, Id: 4 },

{Name: def, Id: 5 }

]

I want to show the Name (in a textbox) where Id = 5. How do I do that?

I tried doing it with a user function where I pass the array but it throws an error when I try to cast object back to Obj class that (webservice.jsonObject can't be cast to Obj class). If I can't cast the object to Obj class, how am I supposed to filter it?

Miftaul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 12 May 2022
0 answers

I'm trying to make a graph interactive so that the table below shows the values for the column I clicked in the graph.

In my attached example "Graph-Table" I want the following to happen:

1. Click on the bar 3/2019
  2. Only the 2019 group shows in the table below. All the rest of the years are hidden
  3. Click on the bar 1/2018
  4. Only the 2018 group shows in the table below. All the rest of the years are hidden

In the attached report, you see I tried adding some interaction, but I don't know how to get it to toggle/filter the data.

Marvin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Veteran
Iron
 asked on 07 May 2022
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?