Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
Hi all, We have following requirements: 
1. We have an angular application which is going to load .trdp report from report API hosted inside the web app. 
2. These .trdp file have many controls which needs dynamic and custom binding.
3. Data should be pulled from OData API
4. Data pulled from point 3 should be conditionally bind to the different controls in .trdp file in report rest API.

We are facing the following challenges.
1. How to load .trdp file in a programmatic way at the reporting API.
2. How to bind the data to the controls after loading programmatic instance of .trdp report.
3. How to bind the loaded report object in html way in report viewer in Angular.

There are ways to do same in .NET desktop application but how to do same in Web, please advise.

1 answer
buen dia, necesito ayuda, quiero programar un boton para que telerik me mande un reporte periódicamente, pero no se como hacerlo ayudenme porfavor 😞
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Aug 2023
2 answers

Hi,

We want to upgrade from blazor reportviewer to Native Blazor Reportviewer, and so far the upgrade has ran smoothly.

However, we are still challenged on how to hide the document map that is toggled on automatically by default. 

First, we tried to hide the document with the following code:

<ReportViewer @ref=... 
            ServiceType=...
            ServiceUrl=...
            ReportSource=...
            DocumentMapVisible="false" --> Should this not hide document map when opening report?
            ParametersAreaVisible=...
            ViewMode=...
            ScaleMode=...          
            />

Unfortunately this did not work, but maybe there is another simple way of hiding the document map? 

Additionally, we have looked into another approach, where we have added a JS function to programmatically hide the button by clicking on the document map button on the reportviewer toolbar:

function reportViewerMapClick() {
    $(".k-i-dictionary-add").click();
}

We have tested the JS function above on a button, where it works:

<button OnClick="reportViewerMapClick()" type="button"> Hide Document Map </button>

But for this to truly work, we need to use this JS function on an event of some sort.

My question is therefore: Are there any simple and easy way of hiding the document map, when opening a report. And if not, are there any events available for when a report has finished loaded? 

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jan 2023
2 answers
Hello,

Im trying to disable the TRDP option when creating a new report. i want to only keep TRDX extention.
If possible i want to remove the whole dropdown section in New report and always add the TRDX extention to new files.

Ive also been searching if it is possible to edit/style/add attributes to the GUI views in the web app since the whole reporter is initialized with only a few lines of JS. Is it possible to see the code which generates these views or is this all API based?

Kind regards,

Ueskia
Tristan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 06 May 2022
0 answers

Hi Team ,

After updating version of Telerik assemblies, Itemdatabound event[I have attached one screenshot for reference (its written in .vb file)]  is getting called while creating report as well while printing report. but I don't want it to get called while I am printing report. Is there any way that I can set autopostback(in telerik report) to false in telerik report ? Or any other solution will be appreciated to call Itemdatabound event only while creating report and not while printing.

Anyone can help me ? 

Kind regards, 

Payal

0 answers

Hello,

I have a problem with handlig error msg.

The report is using WebServiceDataSource. When it returns  500 response - the pdf is generated with just a information with status code.

But there is other data delivered in response, with property logRef for example. I want to show this property on generated pdf.

How can I achive that ?

Thank you

Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?