Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

I am a newbi to Telerik.Reporting, and wants to understand how CsvDataSource is connected to the Report. 

If I want to add two DataSources:

Source1:

MyCompanyId Name address ..... accountnumbers ..... <-- meta data for the heading of an invoice

Source2:

CustNum Name Address ...... etc    <-- these are meta data for the customer

Source3:

CustNum OrderNum ItemNum <-- these are the details of the report

How should I do this? I understand that if I put everyting on each line of Source3, it will work, but then I add a lot of unnesseary data.. 

I could probably add a Type: H for header and R for row on Source3 so that I only need to add an empty space for each of the header data, but that also seems kind of .... 

What will be the best way of doing this?

What if I use Json? Would that be easier? and if so, how?

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jan 2022
0 answers

Good Morning,

I am trying to generate a simple report using a CSV data source. The data source contains applicant information including their university, name, state, etc. The CSV also contains information on the stage of the application, whether it was a whitepaper or full proposal etc. When trying to generate a simple bar chart of the count of the different stages, (i.e.,  count of how many whitepapers) the field stage also contains the states on the y axis in the chart. It seems the field stage and state are being intertwined when this is not what I want. Is there any solution to this? These fields are clearly separated in the CSV and the data preview when importing the CSV.

Thanks

0 answers

There appears to be a bug with the CSV Data Source in the Web Report Designer - There are 3 options listed:  Upload CSV file, Use existing CSV file and Use CSV Inline.  When selecting the 'Use CSV Inline' option the forms keeps either "Upload ..." or "Use existing ..." selected and continues to validate for the missing file.

Chris Womack
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 24 Oct 2021
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?