Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

Hello,

I am having an issue with creating a new style sheet in the web report designer. I would like to use a "StyleSelector" selector type, but when adding a new selector to the style rule, it defaults to "TypeSelector". How do I change this to be a "StyleSelector"?

Thanks,

Dan

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2024
1 answer

Good Morning Telerik Forums,

I have a field called "Report Ran" followed by another table with a field of [= Now()] They display correctly. However, they are two separate fields.

If I add them together into one field (example) Report Ran: [=NOW()] it displays exactly like that. Never executing the data display.

How can I get it so that I can use a one field with text and a data all within one? so that it can display as Report Ran: 12/03/2023

Thank you!

EDIT: I solved this after posting. See solve below.

I solved my own question.. I just started playing with close brackets.

Use braces { } to encapsulate. In example: Report Ran: {=NOW()} and it will display correctly as Report Ran: 12/03/2023

Thank you!

Austin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 updated question on 05 Dec 2023
1 answer
We have a report with a vertical banner on the left side. That is, the graphic starts at the top of the header and continues until the bottom of the footer. Is  this possible with Telerik Reports?
Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2023
2 answers

I wasted hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my equations until I realized that Telerik moves panels around based on the visibility of other panels.

How can I stop this from happening? I want the pixel position of a panel to be static and not be influenced by other panels. 

Instead of posting my report which has a mile long formula for determining the pixel position of several panels, I have found a very simple report to show this issue.

Drag and drop four panels next to each other. Set the background of each panel to a different colour.

Set the visibility of one of the middle panels to false and now preview. All panels to the right of the panel in question have now moved left.

Setting Panel2 to not be visible

Leaving Panel2 as visible

Pascal
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 22 Sep 2023
1 answer

Good Afternoon Telerik,

Please see the reference thread here: https://www.telerik.com/forums/telerik-averaging-time-to-a-negative-number

I am using Mochil's suggestion of the following.

= Fields.PROVISIONALDATETIME Is Not Null ? Fields.PROVISIONALDATETIME - Fields.COMPLETIONDATETIME : Fields.FINALDATETIME - Fields.COMPLETIONDATETIME

However, it is showing the hours:minutes:seconds with a days. in front. How can I get the days to just be tacked on to the hours? so instead of it stopping at 24 hours and adding a day value it'll just calculate go says 48 hours for 2 days and so on. as, the day function is causing my averages to mess up greatly since it can't calculate the day function :(

in example:

Thank you!

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2023
1 answer

Hello!

It's used the next version of telerik: Telerik_Reporting_R2_2020_SP1_14_1_20_618

After trying to open the generated html content in the preview mode in different browser the additional pages appeares. In the template all looks good but some unexpected things appeared on the generated html (screenshot was attached):

1. unexpected border (border: 2px solid darkblue;) appeared around the all report content

2. Ctrl+P gets 2 pages but it's expected 1!

3. unexpected css styles appeared in the <head> and a lot of inlined styles appeared at all tags. For instance, the next style at <body> tag  

style="padding-left:57px;padding-right:38px;padding-top:57px;padding-bottom:38px;width:102

gets the mentioned extra page. How it's possible to control the process of generating this styles??

Generated pdf content gets an expected 1 page during the printing.

I attached the template and html rendering result in the archive

Thanks

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Aug 2023
1 answer

I have a parameter in my report called "AvailableTables", which is bound to a CSV datasource with:

"table1",1

"table2",2

and the Value is bound to the digits, and the Label is bound to the "table1","table2"

I have a table in my report named firstTable which Visibility = False.  On that table, I have set up a conditional formatting rule such that when the value of a Report Parameter =1, it applys a format where visible is checked.

Similarly, I have a table in my report named secondTable which Visibility = False.  On that table, I have set up a conditional formatting rule such that when the value of a Report Parameter =2, it applys a format where visible is checked.

However, when I run my report, and change the report parameter, the "firstTable" and the "secondTable" never become visible.  I know the databinds are correct, as if I set Visible = True on that table, the data shows itself.  I also know that the Report Parameter is outputting the value of "1" and "2", as it is displayed in a textbox in my header.

Does telerik reporting support conditional formatting of visibility of a table based on report parameters?

I have attached a zipped TRDP file which illustrates the behavior in the standalone report designer.

Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2023
1 answer

Good day!

Could you please help me to find the solution?

I have several htmlboxex in the report which accept html-strings from text-editor(for ex. <p>Comment</p><p>Comment</p><ol><li>List</li><li>List</li><li>List</li></ol><p><br></p><p>Comment</p><p>Comment</p>). And when I open the preview mode or look at it in html-viewer I get annoying extra gaps (see attached support.png). I tried to replace these <p>-tags with <div>-tags in the retrieved string in my sql-query (<div>Comment</div><div>Comment</div><ol><li>List</li><li>List</li><li>List</li></ol><div><br></div><div>Comment</div><div>Comment</div>). It helps. But there are some other tags that cannot be replaced (tags of ordered and unordered lists for example). And these gaps are still rendered. Could you please help me to find the solution how to make this text to be rendered correctly (see attached original.png, result.png)?

Thanks

Best regards, Helen

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2022
1 answer

Hello,

I have a report layout designed with Report Designer (standalone).

I noticed an obvious performance hit on report loading/rendering after I need to style my checkboxes (around 50+) to make it fit smaller spaces. It takes over than 25 - 27 secs to load the report page.

I have attached the report file and the custom images I used in it as zip file here.

If anyone could help me find the viable workaround or solution, I would very appreciate. Thank you.

0 answers

Hi,

We are trying to bind a parameter value to TitleStyle.Color property of Table of Contents and we are getting an error :

"An error has occured while processing TocSection 'tocsection1' : Bindings error - The value of property 'TitleStyle' is null."

We have tried  TitleStyle.FontBold with the value 'True'. The same errors pops up for all TitleStyle property assignment. 

The parameters has values in it and it works when assigned to Style.Color or  Style.BackgroundColor.

Can you please help us to resolve this issue?

Dali
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 07 Jul 2022
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?