Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

Hi,

We have a requirement to create a report using the "Standalone Report Designer". We just want to open the standalone reporting tool from our desktop application at a button click and allow user to create their own reports. For that we have to pass the content of the report from the desktop application to the standalone tool. We tried to pass the argument in "Process.Start" Method. But we got an error message as in the attached image. 

Could you please help us to work on the standalone Report Designer tool with  C# WPF desktop application?

We want to know how the below items will be work.
1) How to open the standalone report designer programmatically (C#)?
2) How to pass the content from C# to the tool?

Thank You !

1 answer

Hello All!  I am having some difficulties debugging an issue with the ReportViewer not showing the rendered Report.  The Output states that the report was rendered in X seconds.  My report xaml is as follows:

<Window
    xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
    xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
    xmlns:tr="http://schemas.telerik.com/wpf" x:Class="FRAC_FLOW.TestReport"
    Title="Report Viewer Window">

<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot">
        <Grid Margin="20" >
            <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                <RowDefinition Height="*" />
            </Grid.RowDefinitions>

<tr:ReportViewer Grid.Row="0" x:Name="ReportViewer1"/>
        </Grid>
    </Grid>
</Window>

I am setting the source and parameters in the constructor:

public TestReport()
{
    InitializeComponent();

Telerik.Reporting.Parameter parm = new Telerik.Reporting.Parameter { Name = "JobId", Value = "7215" };
    Telerik.Reporting.Parameter parm1 = new Telerik.Reporting.Parameter { Name = "Date", Value = DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString() };

var reportSource = new UriReportSource();
    reportSource.Uri = new Uri("Reports/ReplacementParts.trdp", UriKind.RelativeOrAbsolute).ToString();

ReportViewer1.ReportSource = reportSource;
    ReportViewer1.ReportSource.Parameters.Add(parm);
    ReportViewer1.ReportSource.Parameters.Add(parm1);
    ReportViewer1.RefreshReport();
}
When I call this code from a button, I just do the Window.Show() method I saw in the examples.  The Window and Viewer seem to popup just fine, however, I am not seeing the report.  I have reviewed the report in the Report Designer, and I don't see anything that would cause it not to open.  In fact, I can Preview the report just fine, and the data looks good.  Any help is highly appreciated, as I've been stuck on this for a day now, and I've never reached out for help on here!  Thanks in advance!
Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hi,

I have a ReportViewer in WPF where I display a Report Book with Bookmarks.

I have set DocumentMapVisible="False" but still the ReportViewer srtarts with visible DocumentMap.

Do I have to set another value?

Because I set the Report Source programmatically I have also tried to set the DocumentMapVisible to false there again but it changes nothing.

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2023
1 answer

This is using c sharp and wpf. Without using the report designer I need to change the suggested file name that comes up once you choose a file format to export as and it opens the file dialog. Currently my report displays userReport1 as the name. I want to input two strings values of id numbers as the file name instead.

Alternatively if I was to use parameters in the designer to change the name how would I go about that?

Ralitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Aug 2023
1 answer

Hi,

We use Telerik WinUI report viewer. We need to have freezing column headers and row headers in some reports. Table Header Freezing in Detail - Telerik Reporting says how to do that in HTML5 based report viewer, but it does not work in WinUI report viewer. If there is a limitation, when the Telerik's plan to implement that functionality? 

Thanks.

1 answer

Hello,

we've upgraded to VS2022 and .NET 7.

The reports are giving us a lot of problems, it looks like we have too rebuild them in the Standalone Report Designer. Import fails

The default Telerik WPF ReportViewer has this

<tr:ReportViewer Grid.Row="0" x:Name="ReportViewer1" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" EnableAccessibility="true">
        <tr:ReportViewer.ReportSource>
		<telerikReporting:UriReportSource Uri=""/>
	</tr:ReportViewer.ReportSource>
</tr:ReportViewer>

Can we change the Uri programmatically in a MVVM project? Something like

<tr:ReportViewer Grid.Row="0" x:Name="ReportViewer1" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" EnableAccessibility="true">
    <tr:ReportViewer.ReportSource>
	<telerikReporting:UriReportSource Uri="{Binding ReportSource}"/>
    </tr:ReportViewer.ReportSource>
</tr:ReportViewer>

where reportsource is ExampleReport.trdp

Jeroen

Jeroen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 23 May 2023
1 answer

We have a  WPF desktop application that displays reports using the report viewer and we also have our own print dialog where the user can input the number of copies to be printed. The print dialog also gets the default printer configured in our app. Previously, we display and print using InstanceReportSource but we want to now use Report Server for more consistent reports. We have successfully displayed the report from the report server in the report viewer but having problems with printing. Is there a way to override the print dialog of the report viewer or at least pass the parameters that we want (number of copies and default printer)? Another way that we are thinking of is if there is a way to extract the report from the report viewer and use that for our print dialog but ReportViewer.Report is null even though it is displaying the report.

Telerik.Reporting, Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf (15.2.21.1110)

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2023
1 answer

Hi,

I have an existing WPF project of .net framework 4.6 supported. Now I have upgraded Telerik;s WPF libraries to 2023.1.315.45 these are NoXaml binaries. We have also reports been used into the same project, I have upgraded to the version 17.0.23.315.. For reports have I have used libs : Telerik.Reporting.dll, Telerik.Reporting.XpsRendering.dll and Telerik.ReportViewer.Wpf.dll.

When I run it is crashing asking to use .40 version of the library of Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll. Can you please let me know with the given version how can I used both into the same project. I never had this issue older version, by older, I mean versions from 2021 (very old).

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Parthiv

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Apr 2023
1 answer

After migrating our Reports REST service from a VM to an Azure App Service we are no longer able to print using the vector (EMF) format. I found this article from 2018 recommending we use raster/PNG as the print output: https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/knowledge-base/unable-to-print-reports-from-azure-environment. Using this setting works but results in some reports being 20MB+ when printing. Viewing reports using vectors works and saving them as PDF vector works as well. Is there an update or another way to enable printing with vectors from Azure App Service?

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Mar 2023
1 answer

When using the WPF report viewer the server returns a 404 with the following error: 

Exception type: Telerik.Reporting.Services.Engine.ResourceNotFoundException	
Failed method: Telerik.Reporting.Services.Engine.DocumentResources.GetResource	
Call Stack:
Telerik.Reporting.Services.Engine.ResourceNotFoundException:
   at Telerik.Reporting.Services.Engine.DocumentResources.GetResource (Telerik.Reporting, Version=16.1.22.622, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Services.Engine.ReportEngine.GetResource (Telerik.Reporting, Version=16.1.22.622, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be)
   at Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi.ReportsControllerBase.GetResource (Telerik.Reporting.Services.WebApi, Version=16.1.22.622, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be)
   at lambda_method (Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor+ActionExecutor+<>c__DisplayClass6_2.<GetExecutor>b__2 (System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor+ActionExecutor.Execute (System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync (System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker+<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__1.MoveNext (System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess (mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification (mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089)
   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute+<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__6.MoveNext (System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35)
   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute+<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__6.MoveNext (System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35)
   at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute+<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__5.MoveNext (System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult+<ExecuteAsync>d__5.MoveNext (System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35)
   at System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute+<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__3.MoveNext (System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35)
   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult+<ExecuteAsync>d__6.MoveNext (System.Web.Http, Version=5.2.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35)

URL: https://xxxx/api/reports/clients/a6d7fc8eb5a/instances/262c6bd8320/documents/09a7b522d8a61733198a47/resources/tooltips-document

Note the report still renders but the exception is captured and logged on every report request.

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Mar 2023
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?