Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer
I have a scenario where I have multiple components, including tables, panels with textboxes, and charts/graphs. I want to add a page break after a specific panel to ensure that it appears on the new page regardless of the size of the content on the previous page. I do not see any straightforward way to do this, and the keepTogether property doesn't always work.
1 answer

I have 2 graphs with DateTime scales. But when the data is populated the graphs are misaligned slightly to right as below image, this is because graph1 has a y-axis labeled as 01-June and graph 2 has  31-May. Looks like because of the character's size 'Jun' and 'May', the graph representing May is slightly moved to the right. How do I adjust the spacing/padding between label and axis line ? I' using the telrik v17.1.23.

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hi Team,

I have created the Telerik report (.trdp) to show some data in Line Chart with below details.

Chart Type : Line Chart

Series : LineSeries

LineType : Smooth Line

YaxisScale : Numerical Scale.

Xaxis Scale : DateTime Scale

I have exported the PDF from Telerik Report designer  and it is working fine i.e, Line Type is smooth throughout . However , when I integrate the telerik report in my Asp.net Web api I started getting following issue. Line series is partially Smooth for continuous values and straight Line for missing values. Please let us know the solution to make the entire line type smooth.

PFA Screen shots for issue.

Picture 1 :  Working picture, pdf Exported from telerik report designer.

Picture 2 :  Issue image, Pdf Exported from Web api code.

Thanks

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Sep 2023
1 answer

I have a chart with a bar series and a line series, where I would like the line series to form a cumulative % of the total.

My data set is a list of records with an "Injury Type" field, and the bar series counts the instances of each injury type

The line series is a calculation of the count of instances of that type divided by the total count of the graph.

What I would like instead, is to have a cumulative % of the line so that at the end it would = 100% like a Paredo chart would

Screenshot attached

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Aug 2023
1 answer
Is there a way to set the colors for a pie chart without having to set the conditional formatting values for both the series and the legend? It would be nice to be able to just set it once.
Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jul 2023
2 answers

Created a line graph in stand-alone designer that is working great.  It uses the DateTime scale on the x-axis to display mmm.yy.  The axis is sorting/displaying in chronological order.  All of the data being displayed is correct, so it appears to be setup correctly.  Is there a way to reverse the sort order to display reverse chronological order on the X-axis?

I am new here and have attempted many different ideas

Found the 'Reversed' setting in Coordinate Systems->Xaxis->Scale, but that setting moves the Y axis from the left to the right side of the chart producing a reverse image.  I am just trying to sort the X-Axis, without moving the Y-Axis.  So close here.

Have tried descending sorting on the field that is feeding the X axis via DateTime scale.  The correct data is displaying which tells me the DateTime scale is working.  Changing the sorting does not affect the order displayed on the chart though.

Have been changing many settings and reviewing other threads.  In general, when using the DateTime scale on an X-Axis, is there a way to reverse the sort order to make it reverse chronological order?

Thank You,

John

John
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 26 Sep 2022
0 answers

Similar to the following, is there a way to combine stacked and clustered columns within a single graph?

Step-by-step tutorial on creating clustered stacked column bar charts ...

Each time I've attempted to do so I end up with something like the following, where both stacked columns appear vertically aligned, rather than aligned side-by-side. "Series2" is currently selected in my screenshot below, hence the visible grab points.

The steps I'm attempting to perform are as follows:

1. Use the chart wizard to add a new stacked column chart
  2. Add a new series to the chart, which is also stacked column
  3. Update the new series to use the same CategoryGroup as the first series.

Thanks for any help!

Jeremy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 23 Aug 2022
0 answers

I am using the Standalone Report Designer and I need to be able to set a graph's bar series' (for example) ColorPalette based on an external UserFunction in an assembly (dll) that is referenced in the config.

So far I was able to set this in the Bindings property for the graph itself:

However, I'm not sure if this is working as I expected since the graph's series does not change colors according to the UserFunction (I followed steps from this and this and this and this).

I would have thought a graph's Series > BarSeries1 would have a "Bindings" property, but it doesn't.

Inside the Series > BarSeries is the ColorPalette property, and initially I have manually added a bunch of colors.

However, there is no way here to set an expression to the "Colors" collection.

I would have thought the Bindings I set for the graph would flow into here, but I think it's only applicable to the Graph's colors -- the Series would be separate from it, thus no changes taking effect.

Is there any way to set a graph's bar series' ColorPalette to an expression?

Chris
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 24 May 2022
0 answers

Good Morning,

I am trying to generate a simple report using a CSV data source. The data source contains applicant information including their university, name, state, etc. The CSV also contains information on the stage of the application, whether it was a whitepaper or full proposal etc. When trying to generate a simple bar chart of the count of the different stages, (i.e.,  count of how many whitepapers) the field stage also contains the states on the y axis in the chart. It seems the field stage and state are being intertwined when this is not what I want. Is there any solution to this? These fields are clearly separated in the CSV and the data preview when importing the CSV.

Thanks

0 answers

I need to be able to see a different MarkerType per SeriesGroup in a LineSeries on my graph. For one of the groups I want a square, for the other I want a circle. I need to be able to set this in the Standalone Designer. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell this property is not available in ConditionalFormatting anywhere nor in any Bindings but I could be overlooking it.

Is it possible to set the MarkerType to one of the built-in types for each group in a LineSeries or do I have to make wholly separate series?

Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 asked on 18 Jan 2022
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?