Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

I have a table in my report where i have the borders for the row and column headers set to solid 1pt borders

I also have conditional formatting set on the rows so that every other row has a light grey background color for readability

The problem is, that any row/column header that touches one of the detail rows with the conditional formatting loses the border that touches that cell.

I have attached screenshots of the report in preview mode and in design mode

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 31 Jul 2023
1 answer
Is there a way to set the colors for a pie chart without having to set the conditional formatting values for both the series and the legend? It would be nice to be able to just set it once.
Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jul 2023
1 answer

I have a main report (A) which loads and embeds a 2nd report (B) as a subreport.

Report B can also be loaded on its own, without being contained in report A. 

I would like to hide (or blank out the value) in a Textbox on Report B if it has been loaded on its own. How do I do this?

Mike
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 24 Apr 2023
1 answer

Good Afternoon Telerik Support,

I am trying to format an Averaged date & time between two values as HH:MM:SS (see screenshot). However, when I used the format Date & Time value for HH:MM:SS it gives me the following error (see screenshot) How can I fix this as I do not want the milliseconds at the end and it seems to keep adding it.

(Average Combined Time)

(Error After formatting it to HH:MM:SS ({0:hh:mm:ss})

Thank you!

0 answers

When using the table control and putting in conditional formatting to suppress rows, the table does not properly suppress the rows.

Given a table that has 4 rows per group. Each cell in the row has formatting applied in that there is a black border on the cells.

You then apply conditional formatting to make certain cells not visible (and turn on "Can Shrink"). What appears to be happening is the content of the cell is hidden and the cell collapses. However, the top and bottom border are still visible and start to stack up so that you end up with either multiple lines or a large thick line at the bottom of the cell.

I have attached a sample of the preview.

Note that this can be easily reproduced by putting a sub report into a cell in the table and then applying a rule to conditionally suppress it.

Perhaps we are doing something wrong?

Note that this is in the standalone designer. We don't have access to the Visual Studio version.

Brian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 27 Apr 2022
0 answers

How do I create a dropdown with the options of: greater than >, less than <, or equal to =, then have a textbox for the value?

See attached image for something similar I am looking for. I'm trying to make a report where the user can enter a number, then select one of the options I just described. I've been stuck on this for a week!!!

I've read so many articles, and watched 7-8 year outdated youtube videos. Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Chris

1 answer

I'm configuring a custom format for a SQL datasource using Telerik (desktop) Report Designer v14.2.21.115.

I create the custom format for a date field as such

I click OK and when I preview the report I get an error "Input string was not in a correct format".  Looking at the custom format settings again, the value type changes back to numeric as below

Why does the Value Type change back to Numeric?

A similar issue occurs with CallTime when I format it as HH:mm

The property for the fields do contain the appropriate format values

Taras
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 01 Feb 2022
1 answer

I am calling a JSON Webservice that does not return a nested object if the values are null.

I am using the value of the nested object (Fields.Orders.Salesperon.Name) in a detail row of my report.

This results in an error for any rows with no salesperson: "The expression containt object 'Name' that is not defined in the current context".

Here's a sample of what's being returned from the webservice:

{
  "Orders": [
    {
      "OrderNumber": 1,
      "Salesperson: { "Name": "Joe Example" }
    },
    {
      "OrderNumber": 2,
      "Salesperson: {}
    }
}

OrderNumber 1 will print fine. The row for OrderNumber 2 will have an error box.

Screenshot from the actual report:

How can I prevent this? I've tried null checks, value binding, conditional formatting... but it all throws an error because it's trying to access the nonexistent "Name" field on a record.

1 answer

I have 3 panels in a report (using Standalone Designer R3 2021).

Corresponding to these panels, I have 3 fields in the data source V1Display, V2Display and V3Display.  The values in these fields are either 0 or 1, with 1 indicating the panel should be displayed.

I've tried different suggestions I've found in older threads and elsewhere to hide the panels based on Conditional Formatting or Binding.

How do I had a panel if its VxDisplay value = 0?

Taras
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 answered on 13 Dec 2021
3 answers
Good afternoon.
I'm trying to do conditional formatting for the last row in table on a page, but I can't figure out when a page break occurs. Is it possible to do this?

I can calculate the last row in the group and add conditional formatting like this:

= Exec ('groupID', Count (Fields.No)) = = RowNumber ()

But I do not know how to find out that the row is the last when moving to a new page.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2021
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?