Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

Good Morning Telerik Forums,

I have a field called "Report Ran" followed by another table with a field of [= Now()] They display correctly. However, they are two separate fields.

If I add them together into one field (example) Report Ran: [=NOW()] it displays exactly like that. Never executing the data display.

How can I get it so that I can use a one field with text and a data all within one? so that it can display as Report Ran: 12/03/2023

Thank you!

EDIT: I solved this after posting. See solve below.

I solved my own question.. I just started playing with close brackets.

Use braces { } to encapsulate. In example: Report Ran: {=NOW()} and it will display correctly as Report Ran: 12/03/2023

Thank you!

Austin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 updated question on 05 Dec 2023
1 answer
We have a report with a vertical banner on the left side. That is, the graphic starts at the top of the header and continues until the bottom of the footer. Is  this possible with Telerik Reports?
Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Nov 2023
1 answer

Good Afternoon Telerik,

Please see the reference thread here: https://www.telerik.com/forums/telerik-averaging-time-to-a-negative-number

I am using Mochil's suggestion of the following.

= Fields.PROVISIONALDATETIME Is Not Null ? Fields.PROVISIONALDATETIME - Fields.COMPLETIONDATETIME : Fields.FINALDATETIME - Fields.COMPLETIONDATETIME

However, it is showing the hours:minutes:seconds with a days. in front. How can I get the days to just be tacked on to the hours? so instead of it stopping at 24 hours and adding a day value it'll just calculate go says 48 hours for 2 days and so on. as, the day function is causing my averages to mess up greatly since it can't calculate the day function :(

in example:

Thank you!

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2023
1 answer

I have a parameter in my report called "AvailableTables", which is bound to a CSV datasource with:

"table1",1

"table2",2

and the Value is bound to the digits, and the Label is bound to the "table1","table2"

I have a table in my report named firstTable which Visibility = False.  On that table, I have set up a conditional formatting rule such that when the value of a Report Parameter =1, it applys a format where visible is checked.

Similarly, I have a table in my report named secondTable which Visibility = False.  On that table, I have set up a conditional formatting rule such that when the value of a Report Parameter =2, it applys a format where visible is checked.

However, when I run my report, and change the report parameter, the "firstTable" and the "secondTable" never become visible.  I know the databinds are correct, as if I set Visible = True on that table, the data shows itself.  I also know that the Report Parameter is outputting the value of "1" and "2", as it is displayed in a textbox in my header.

Does telerik reporting support conditional formatting of visibility of a table based on report parameters?

I have attached a zipped TRDP file which illustrates the behavior in the standalone report designer.

Ivan Hristov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Apr 2023
1 answer

Good day!

Could you please help me to find the solution?

I have several htmlboxex in the report which accept html-strings from text-editor(for ex. <p>Comment</p><p>Comment</p><ol><li>List</li><li>List</li><li>List</li></ol><p><br></p><p>Comment</p><p>Comment</p>). And when I open the preview mode or look at it in html-viewer I get annoying extra gaps (see attached support.png). I tried to replace these <p>-tags with <div>-tags in the retrieved string in my sql-query (<div>Comment</div><div>Comment</div><ol><li>List</li><li>List</li><li>List</li></ol><div><br></div><div>Comment</div><div>Comment</div>). It helps. But there are some other tags that cannot be replaced (tags of ordered and unordered lists for example). And these gaps are still rendered. Could you please help me to find the solution how to make this text to be rendered correctly (see attached original.png, result.png)?

Thanks

Best regards, Helen

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2022
1 answer

Hello,

I have a report layout designed with Report Designer (standalone).

I noticed an obvious performance hit on report loading/rendering after I need to style my checkboxes (around 50+) to make it fit smaller spaces. It takes over than 25 - 27 secs to load the report page.

I have attached the report file and the custom images I used in it as zip file here.

If anyone could help me find the viable workaround or solution, I would very appreciate. Thank you.

1 answer

I am calling a JSON Webservice that does not return a nested object if the values are null.

I am using the value of the nested object (Fields.Orders.Salesperon.Name) in a detail row of my report.

This results in an error for any rows with no salesperson: "The expression containt object 'Name' that is not defined in the current context".

Here's a sample of what's being returned from the webservice:

{
  "Orders": [
    {
      "OrderNumber": 1,
      "Salesperson: { "Name": "Joe Example" }
    },
    {
      "OrderNumber": 2,
      "Salesperson: {}
    }
}

OrderNumber 1 will print fine. The row for OrderNumber 2 will have an error box.

Screenshot from the actual report:

How can I prevent this? I've tried null checks, value binding, conditional formatting... but it all throws an error because it's trying to access the nonexistent "Name" field on a record.

0 answers

In standalone designer, R3 2021.

I have a table being displayed as shown below.

How do I get the time cell for second row to be the same size as the treatment text?

The detail section and both cell height parameters are all the same

Taras
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 asked on 13 Dec 2021
0 answers

Maybe this capability is already present, but, I am unable to find it.  When text overflows a text box and the text box is not allowed to grow, I need to be able to show an ellipsis or the remainder of the text that can fit. Currently the report removes all words that can not fit in the given area.

It would be very helpful if we could set a few overflow options like "ellipsis", "truncate" (default), or "clip". Example

• Original: "Hello Telerik Reporting"
  • Truncate: "Hello Telerik"
  • Ellipsis: "Hello Telerik Repo..."
  • Clip: "Hello Telerik Repor"

Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 asked on 21 Oct 2021
1 answer
Hi,

I am new to Telerik reporting and I like the way we can host reporting server as REST service in .Net core.

I am evaluating Telerik reporting tools for the organization that I work for and we have some reports which has many graphical charts with heavy styling applied in MS PowerPoint so my question is -

Can we beautify overall report and clustered column charts  in Telerik report designer or by any other method so that it will look like the attached chart?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?