Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

Hi,
 I am working on a ASP.NET Core (.NET 6) web application with the main report UI using the HTML 5 viewer, working from the REST service controller.

We also require automated report exporting to run at scheduled times with predefined parameters (to be stored and emailed). SQL datasource(s) and engine settings will be the same as used in the reports controller.

Please can you advise on the best approach to process and output export files from the server-side application code.

It looks like I need to use the ReportProcessor class, but not sure how to make use of "engine" config...

Further application detail and problem encountered:

I have implemented the EF Core based report storage example and have a custom function assembly, used in most reports.

The IReportSourceResolver is provided along with the engine configuration - connections strings and custom function assembly reference - in a ReportServiceConfiguration instance for the ReportsController.

I believe that ReportProcessor does not somehow obtain the IReportServiceConfiguration the REST controller has injected.

There is no issue running code in a background job (eg. Quartz.NET):

• loading a report instance with the IReportSourceResolver implementation
  • using code based on this example to set SQL datasource connection strings
  • using ReportProcessor.RenderReport().

This has worked fine for a little while, but the ReportProcessor seems to no longer find and load the custom assembly - though I'm sure it is output to the build location (and has had no recent changes).

Thanks.

1 answer

Good Afternoon Telerik,

Currently, I have 1 report where I am searching for all the machines in the database using a parameter querying Machine OS(with values in it like Android, IPhone, Windows 10, Windows 8, etc..). It is located in a table called Assets. Here is a sample query of what I am querying. When I run the table with the only sql datasource it returns my selection on the preview data. However, when I run it on the Telerik server the parameter field on the right hand side is completely blank with no values.

SELECT

at.machine name, at.machineos

FROM assets at

WHERE at.machineos IN (:MachineOS)

However, when I add a new SQLDataSource with the same information above and attach the datasource under the parameter to that. It displays the values and correctly queries the data. How can I get it to retrieve the values of the first datasource without making another datasource with the same exact query?

(I should also mention, the database is running on a oracle server)

0 answers
Hello,
Im trying to implement the SendEmail function in my web app for Telerik Reporting.

My setup is like this:

I tried putting it in both the toolboxArea as global settings.
The Email button in the toolbar when previewing still isnt showing.
Does anyone knows what im doing wrong here?

I also implemented the sendmail message function as explained here: https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/using-reports-in-applications/host-the-report-engine-remotely/telerik-reporting-rest-services/implement-send-mail-message

Kind Regards,

Tristan
Tristan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated question on 09 May 2022
1 answer

Hi. I am done setting up Telerik Rest Service and CORS to be embedded in Angular. However, some several issues pop up when i follow the documentation below which is the step to integrate the sample report in to Telerik :

https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/integrating-the-report 

1. There is no option to navigate to ASP .NET Web Application (.NET Framework Visual C#). Hence, I select ASP .NET Core Web App only. Btw, I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2022.

2. When I proceed to the next step, there is no option on "Existing report definition" to configure the report source. Only Sample report definition is appear.

3. There is no web.config file in the solution which is necessary to added named connection string to the report. 

The final result on the angular is shown in the attachment.

Can someone help me to guide me on how to solve this issue? 

Thank you!

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Dec 2021
3 answers

Hi, currently we are using version 12.2.18.1017 of telerik reporting.

we are thinking of upgrading to the latest version since you guys have release the web designer which is really awesome.

however, we are still using VS designer to modified all the template. as far as I know, if we want to use web designer, we need to convert all templates to standalone template.

our currently project is rely on the report REST Service to get the report. we may want to switch away from the REST service or may be stay on it depends what is it offered in web designer.

So here are my questions:

1. What would be best solution for us from your perspective / expertise?

2. If we want to convert our old VS template to standalone template, how do we do it. We are using store procedure as Data source which means our old template is not parameterless (I think). What is the best way to convert them?

an example of how we import the data right now is attached in the file.

Recent update, I have managed to convert the file from our class object to trdx format. I am thinking to store it inside our DB so that we can call this format from an RESP API endpoint and present it to the html designer.

However, this template has alot funtions. not sure how would I called those functions if I am trying to access the template from a standalone designer or a html designer.

new xml file is attached.

Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?