Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

I'm facing some issues while connecting my SQL Server using 2 Step Authentication WebServiceDataSource in Telerik Reporting. I have referred the following official documents - Document 1  Document 2

Currently, I'm stuck on a few things:

1. On Configure Data Retrieval window, Can I leave the Data Selector Field Blank? Is it required to specify JSONPath?
  2. In Postman I don't have to manually add any Headers to my current Authentication and Data Retrieval Endpoint (content type, accept, authorization, etc. these are automatically added by Postman). In Config Request/Authentication Parameters,  do I need to add any of these headers?
  3. In Configure 2 Step Authentication window;
    a. What is the role of Token Path? If it is to retrieve the access_token, as per the documentation is this regex (?:"access_token":")(.?)(?:")* correct? I came up with another regex "access_token":"(.*?)". Let me know which one is correct and why.
    b. What is the Request Body Type? Text or JSON?
  4. Due to the above configuration issues I am getting the following error on the Preview DataSource Results window.
    a. Error- Could not get preview.. An error has occurred. Value cannot be null. Parameter name: content

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Oct 2023
1 answer

I have my SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machine. I'm trying to use Managed Identity Connection String (without the need of username, password in the connection string) to connect my SQL Server with Telerik Report. I did not find any specific documentation or a question regarding this implementation. Any leads will be appreciated.

I can connect my SQL Server using this normal connection string: Server=tcp:sqlserverendpoint,1234;Initial Catalog=SampleDatabase;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=username;Password=password;MultipleActiveResultSets=False;Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Connection Timeout=30;

I'm trying to use this Connection String (which doesn't include username and password): Server=tcp:sqlserverendpoint,1234;Authentication=ActiveDirectoryManagedIdentity;Encrypt=True;Database=SampleDatabase;

Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 answer

Hi all,

Our business uses a service, ubipark.com, which utilizes Telerik to generate reports on their website. (https://console.ubipark.com/Reports).

Part of my job is to use ubi park's online report viewer to generate Bank Reconciliation reports every morning. 

I wanted to ask if it is possible to automate this process? If I could have a PDF automatically saved and emailed to me daily that would be great. Is there any way to do this? Is there any functionality available in Telerik to automated generation and delivery of reports?

Screenshot of UbiPark attached, this is the screen I use to generate my daily reports.

TIA,

Parry

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Mar 2023
4 answers
Hello Where to set the thousand separator in a Web Report Designer?
Mateusz
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated answer on 29 Apr 2022
0 answers
We are creating QR code label reports using Telerik Reporting.  The top row alligns within the label borders but drops a little on each subsequent row until the text is below the bottom border on rows 3 to 5.  How can I get the label to maintain it's top margin
Randy
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 13 Jan 2022
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?