Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

I'm trying to build a custom report generator using the web report designer. all the data sources will be web service data sources.

now I need to impose restrictions for using the already created data sources/reports based on the logged-in user privileges.

1. How can I restrict some users from using certain Shared Data sources or accessing specific reports that are created based on their user rights? 

2. how can I get a list of all the web service data sources created programmatically?

1 answer

Hi Telerik team,

We are BNF Technology .INC company. We are very interesting in your Reporting tool[Report Designer + Report Viewer] solution for our web application(Angular).

Currently, we doing some POCs to check possibility to integrate your Report solution into our product.

We have our own specific(customize) requirements from our different customer. We want to make our own customization Report Viewer/Editor described as below:

1.With Designer:

- Can we customize UI items like menu, context menu, icon, show/hide allowed data components in component list etc..

- Can we add our own component(mainly its angular components) to drag-drop into Report area? Mainly we are using high-chart for chart  functionality. We had created Line,Pie,Guage chart etc in out project. We need to that component into Report area.

- Can we add our own data source type (not MySQL,... in your list)? We want make BNF source and put in data source list and allow user to select it and config data from that source to use in data components.

2. With Viewer:

- We want to control the data and allow to update report with real-time data (which we prepare in our server)

We also need to know about backend part for reporting tool. Is there any way or solution to use reporting tool without backend required? I.e. is any JS frame work is available or not?

If you have some example(with source code) or API document to do it, please share with us.

We may discuss more through email. Hope get your reply soon and we can go together in future.

Thank you very much.

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Feb 2024
1 answer

I want to choose which tool in the toolbar should display certain tools. How can I set this up? I'm using backend ASP.NET Core MVC and frontend Angular.

1 answer
We are creating reports with the Web Report Designer (hosted on IIS as ASP.NET Core app) and display the reports with the Angular Report viewer. One requirement is to to show a list of all files in a folder (located at a file server) which is defined by a report parameter. E.g. if the report parameter is "42" a list of all files in the folder "//fileshare/objects/42" are displayed in the report. Is there a way to create reports with this capability with the web report designer or any other report designer tool?
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2022
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?