Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

I'm trying to build a custom report generator using the web report designer. all the data sources will be web service data sources.

now I need to impose restrictions for using the already created data sources/reports based on the logged-in user privileges.

1. How can I restrict some users from using certain Shared Data sources or accessing specific reports that are created based on their user rights? 

2. how can I get a list of all the web service data sources created programmatically?

1 answer

Dear Team,

We have to evaluate an old project which uses Telerik Reporting Version Q3.2020. The task is to migrate and update older asp.net and Windows forms reports to newer report version.

Can you please share the link to download the Trial version of Telerik Report Version Q3.2020?

Thank you,

Anup

Lance | Senior Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Sep 2023
1 answer

Hai,

I am spending hours and hours trying to get a simple Telerik Report to work in my Blazor web app.
All documentation on the website is for ASP.Net Core 6 and the ASP.Core 7 samples I can find, do not work for me...

I have a simple Blazor Web App that communicates with a Blazor Server using controllers and endpoints like. The data is stored in a SQL Server.

I have a table 'Genders' and I simply want to show a report with the fields id and name of table genders using the 'api/gender' endpoint to get the genders: 

var response = await httpDefaultClient.GetAsync("api/gender");
        if (response.IsSuccessStatusCode)
        {
            genderList = await response.Content.ReadFromJsonAsync<List<GenderModel>>();
        }

Is there a complete walkthough, thus including creating the Telerik report itself, creating the reportcontroller, in the server, adding services etc.

I am totally new to Telerik and I simply do not understand how to implement Telerik in my application.
Hope somebody can direct me to a good, working, sample or walkthrough... 

Regards, Marc

0 answers
Hello,
Im trying to implement the SendEmail function in my web app for Telerik Reporting.

My setup is like this:

I tried putting it in both the toolboxArea as global settings.
The Email button in the toolbar when previewing still isnt showing.
Does anyone knows what im doing wrong here?

I also implemented the sendmail message function as explained here: https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/using-reports-in-applications/host-the-report-engine-remotely/telerik-reporting-rest-services/implement-send-mail-message

Kind Regards,

Tristan
Tristan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated question on 09 May 2022
0 answers

How do I create a dropdown with the options of: greater than >, less than <, or equal to =, then have a textbox for the value?

See attached image for something similar I am looking for. I'm trying to make a report where the user can enter a number, then select one of the options I just described. I've been stuck on this for a week!!!

I've read so many articles, and watched 7-8 year outdated youtube videos. Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Chris

0 answers

Is it possible to have asymmetric margins on a report? That is, the left margin of the odd pages must be greater than the right, and the right margin of the even pages must be greater than the left margin. This is because the report will print on both sides of the sheet, with a long margin on both sides. This long margin will serve to physically file the document.

Lucio
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 21 Oct 2021
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?