Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
1 answer

Hi,
We are looking for a way to display the following data in a crosstab. The data comes from a webservice datasource.
Each row represents an object of the following JobDto class with some pre-defined properties and an array of metadata.

public class JobDto

{
    public string Id { get; set; }
    public string Name { get; set; }
    public int Number { get; set; }
    public string Type { get; set; }
    public string Status { get; set; }            
    public MetadataDto[] Metadata { get; set; } = Array.Empty<MetadataDto>();
}

public class MetadataDto
{
    public string Name { get; set; }
    public string Value { get; set; }
}

How can we display first the fixed properties as pre-defined columns, followed by each metadata item from the array as auto-generated columns? We are primarily using the Web report designer.

Kind regards,

Lennert

1 answer

I've a very simple report where has only one detail table is named: "table1".
A textbox named: textBoxTotalRecords should display the number of rows/records displayed in the details part

I tried to use something like setting this:  textBoxTotalRecords.value = RowNumber("table1") in the textbox value but not success. (picture)

If tried to force something like in the detail_ItemDataBound:
textBoxTotalRecords.value =666; it doesn't work

Even I created a couple of custom functions that hold the total number of records but I'm unable to assign them through (textBoxTotalRecords_ItemDataBinding or textBoxTotalRecords_ItemDataBound) because:

I found that these events
textBoxTotalRecords_ItemDataBinding
textBoxTotalRecords_ItemDataBound

Are fired before this:
detail_ItemDataBound

So Is not possible to assign the number of records got it in detail_ItemDataBound

Which is the simple way to display the number of records? is out there a demo of how to handle this properly?

Thank you

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Apr 2023
1 answer

I'm calling API through web service data source. and in that there is one array. I want to pass that in tables, line chart, and other charts. It is not working with any of the chart or table or any component. can someone help me to how to iterate those values in any of the chart or table or to access the elements in web report designer.

This is the Screenshot of the Explorer Tab. Here count is the number and entries is array.

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2023
0 answers

Hi Team ,

After updating version of Telerik assemblies, Itemdatabound event[I have attached one screenshot for reference (its written in .vb file)]  is getting called while creating report as well while printing report. but I don't want it to get called while I am printing report. Is there any way that I can set autopostback(in telerik report) to false in telerik report ? Or any other solution will be appreciated to call Itemdatabound event only while creating report and not while printing.

Anyone can help me ? 

Kind regards, 

Payal

Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?