Telerik Forums
Reporting Forum
5 answers

Hello,

I understand that currently, Telerik Reporting supports only .NET Framework projects in the Visual Studio Designer due to limitations of .NET Core 3.0 support.  However, I'm wondering, will this be addressed when Microsoft releases .NET 5 later this year?  Will we be able to design Telerik Reports in Visual Studio for .NET 5 projects?

Thanks.

Deepak Gupta

Todor
Telerik team
 updated answer on 30 Nov 2023
8 answers

Hi Guys

I have some Telerik Reports and i'm using Telerik Report View on MVC Razor view. I can easly translate my data inside Report but i cannot translate ReportView elements like Report Toolbar 

How can i handle this? Here below my one of report example.

@{
        DateTime today = DateTime.Today;
        DateTime startOfMonth = new DateTime(today.Year, today.Month, 1);

DateTime today1 = DateTime.Today;
        DateTime endOfMonth = new DateTime(today1.Year, today1.Month, DateTime.DaysInMonth(today1.Year, today1.Month));

UriReportSource trial = new UriReportSource();
        trial.Uri = "Card Summary Report.trdx";
        trial.Parameters.Add("DateFdy", startOfMonth);
        trial.Parameters.Add("DateEnd", endOfMonth);
        trial.Parameters.Add("Culture", (string)ViewData["lang"]);
    }
    @(Html.TelerikReporting().ReportViewer()
        .Id("reportViewer1")

.ServiceUrl("/api/reports/")
        .ReportSource(trial)
        .ViewMode(ViewModes.INTERACTIVE)
        .ScaleMode(ScaleModes.SPECIFIC)
        .Scale(1.0)
        .PersistSession(false)
)
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Nov 2023
4 answers
Hi,

I am trying to pass the Data from C# to Telerik Report. Initially i created a Web Project and I added Telerik Report to the Project. I followed a tutorial to create a Report and assign a Dataset to the Report. Here i will be designing a Report. I need to assign a Data To Report through a Datatable, which need to be populated in Report where we need to Map The Columns. On Page Load i am Trying to do this,

In My Page Load i written by Code as

Report2 objReport2 = new Report2();
                objReport2.DataSource = GetAllData();
                ReportViewer1.ReportSource = objReport2;
                ReportViewer1.DataBind();
                ReportViewer1.RefreshReport();

From the above code, i am seeing the blank Report wihtout Data.
In Desinger i created a table, But i failed to create  a Mapping between Report And Dataset Column? May i know how do i do this? Or else can any one suggest me a scenario to resolve this?   
Please find the Sample Project Link http://www.mediafire.com/?9hd3apr88j6m17x
Frederic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 21 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hi,

I would like to use/not use a parameter as a filter depending on the user entered value. If it's 0 then I want to ignore the filter.

Here is my configuration in report designer.

Essentially I want to achieve this:

SQL if parameter  aualtranpstper= 0 then 

pst_yer = parameter aualtranpstyer

SQL if parameter  aualtranpstper<>0

pst_yer = parameter aualtranpstyer and pst_per = parameter aualtranpstper

What should my value column in this screen look like?

I posted the same question after reading here https://www.telerik.com/forums/conditional-filtering-and-to-skip-filter-on-empty-report-parameters#205578 but thought it better to create new question.

Thanks for your help.

AW

1 answer

Hello,

I'm trying to run Reporting REST service with docker under Linux environment. I'm using the .NET 6. In my separate Report Viewer application, I see the following error:

Unable to get report parameters. An error has occurred. Type: Telerik.Reporting.ReportSerialization.Current.ReportSerializable`1[Telerik.Reporting.Report]

This is a sample code from my Report Viewer application:

import { TelerikReportViewer } from '@progress/telerik-react-report-viewer'

export default function ReportViewer() {
    let viewer;
    return (
        <TelerikReportViewer
            ref={ e => viewer = e }
            serviceUrl="http://localhost:32788/api/reports/"
            reportSource={{
                report: 'SampleReport.trdp',
                parameters: {}
            }}
            viewerContainerStyle = {{
                position: 'absolute',
                left: '5px',
                right: '5px',
                top: '40px',
                bottom: '5px',
                overflow: 'hidden',
                clear: 'both',
                fontFamily: 'ms sans serif'
            }}
            viewMode="INTERACTIVE"
            scaleMode="SPECIFIC"
            scale={1.0}
            enableAccessibility={false} 
        />
    )
}

And this is my Dockerfile of the REST Service application:

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/aspnet:6.0-jammy-amd64 AS base
WORKDIR /app
EXPOSE 80

RUN apt-get update \
    && apt-get install -y --allow-unauthenticated \
        libc6-dev \
        libgdiplus \
        libx11-dev \
    && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

FROM mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/sdk:6.0-jammy-amd64 AS build
WORKDIR /src
RUN dotnet nuget add source https://nuget.telerik.com/v3/index.json -n Telerik -u myemail@ishere.yea -p verysecretpassword --store-password-in-clear-text
COPY ["TelerikReportingRestService/TelerikReportingRestService.csproj", "TelerikReportingRestService/"]
RUN dotnet restore "TelerikReportingRestService/TelerikReportingRestService.csproj"
COPY . .
WORKDIR "/src/TelerikReportingRestService"
RUN dotnet build "TelerikReportingRestService.csproj" -c Release -o /app/build

FROM build AS publish
RUN dotnet publish "TelerikReportingRestService.csproj" -c Release -o /app/publish /p:UseAppHost=false

FROM base AS final
WORKDIR /app
COPY --from=publish /app/publish .

COPY "TelerikReportingRestService/Reports" /app/Reports

ENTRYPOINT ["dotnet", "TelerikReportingRestService.dll"]

Everything works if I deploy it locally on IIS, however, as soon as I deploy with docker, I'm unable to view reports. I also tried to add runtimeconfig.template.json file to my project root folder with the following:

{
  "configProperties": {
    "System.Drawing.EnableUnixSupport": true
  }
}

Without any luck.

The endpoints such as /api/reports/formats and /api/reports/version works fine even with docker:

[{"name":"PDF","localizedName":"Acrobat (PDF) file"},{"name":"CSV","localizedName":"CSV (comma delimited)"},{"name":"XLSX","localizedName":"Excel Worksheet"},{"name":"PPTX","localizedName":"PowerPoint Presentation"},{"name":"RTF","localizedName":"Rich Text Format"},{"name":"IMAGE","localizedName":"TIFF file"},{"name":"DOCX","localizedName":"Word Document"}]
"17.1.23.718"

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Oct 2023
10 answers
4.0K+ views
Hi  Telerik
I am creating the report with attaching database connection and tables by taking the class library , and i am saw the report on preview tab with database records(up to this working fine)

Now i am take the visual studio project , and attach the above report to ReportViewer and run the project then it shows following error
-----------------------------------------------
An error has occurred while processing Report '':
Unable to establish a connection to the database. Please, verify that your connection string is valid. In case you use a named connection string from the application configuration file, make sure the name is correct and the connection string settings are present in the configuration file of your application.
------------- InnerException -------------
Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0.
-------------------------------------------------

Gunjan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 12 Sep 2023
0 answers

Hi All,

We are implementing Web Report Designer in our project. There is Telerik Reporting service is running as a separate service (in Azure VM), our server-side project is also running in k8s which communicate to the Reporting service through gRPC. The Reporting service has custom implementation for IReportSourceResolver (for report preview) and IDefinitionStorage (for report design). We store xml content of a report file in the database that is beside of out server-side project. In the middleware of our project, we need to send report xml content. The problem we have is that xml string is too long and has unsupported characters to be used in Uri.

If you set just Telerik report file name (for report parameter in webReportDesigner.html), then it works. See CustomReportDefinitionStorage class in the picture below. That GetAsync() method works only when you send just report file name. But it doesn't work when you send entire report content as a XML string. Is there any solution or workaround to do this with report xml? Is there a way to do with POST query?

Thanks!

Tursunkhuja
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 asked on 08 Sep 2023
1 answer

I wish to integrate a telerik report viewer into a blazor application (I am using Dot net 6.0).. I have set up a Reporting Server also using Dot net 6.0
I wish to use Oracle db as the data Source of my application
I have tried the following steps

1.Opened the default Telerik.ReportDesigner

2.Clicked on new and added the datasource

3.Selected Sql Data Source

4.Clicked on build new connection and selected OracleClient Data Provider

5.Chose build option

6. In the Data Source clicked on change and selected  .Net Framework Data provider for Ole Db (as the other one is shown as deprecated)

7. Filled the feilds and when cliked on test connection, it is showing " The  'MSDORA' provider is not registered on the local machine"

I looked into the issue and tried shifting to Telerik.ReportDesigner x86 application

I followed the same steps as above and when i clicked on "test connection", it is showing an error  "Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version on 7.3.3 or later client software installation.Provider is unable to function until these components are installed"

which application should i use and is there any solution to get rid of this error
Kindly provide as solution for this
I am using Oracle Db version "Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.2.0.1.0 - 64bit Production"

my connection string is like "Data Source={111.111.1.11:2222};User Id={useid};Password={pass}"

1 answer

Hello

First of all, I apologize for the wrong title. I can't fix it
It's about print preview, not html5viewer.

I was going to edit it, but the title isn't working. I'm sorry.

I'm currently using Kendo Report for my company internal project.
It consists of ASPNET CORE MVC, and if requested by the user, it is displayed in html5 viewer.
I installed the font on the server where the Report Server is located and saw it as an html5 viewer because I had to change the font in a specific project, but the font was not recognized normally.
It's actually a font called HY GunGothic, and it's automatically changed to MalgunGothic.
I installed the HY GyunGothic font on the computer on the corresponding Report Server and even rebooted it, but the result was the same.

In the second way, I thought that using private fonts can apply the font regardless of whether the font is on the Host Machine or not,
I modified the web.config file of the project as follows.

[web.config]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
  <Telerik.Reporting>
    <privateFonts>
      <add fontFamily="NanumSquareRoundEB" path="~/Fonts/NanumSquareRoundEB.ttf" fontStyle="Regular"/>
    </privateFonts>
  </Telerik.Reporting>
  <system.webServer>
    <handlers>
      <add name="aspNetCore" path="*" verb="*" modules="AspNetCoreModuleV2" resourceType="Unspecified" />
    </handlers>
    <aspNetCore processPath="%LAUNCHER_PATH%" arguments="%LAUNCHER_ARGS%" stdoutLogEnabled="false" stdoutLogFile=".\logs\stdout" forwardWindowsAuthToken="false" hostingModel="InProcess" />
  </system.webServer>
</configuration>

and create the StyleSheet.css file at the root of the project
I did the following.

[StyleSheet.css]

body {
}

@font-face {
    font-family: 'NanumSquareRoundEB';
    src: url('Fonts/NanumSquareRoundEB.ttf');
}

Also, the cshtml file in Views is as follows.

[Print.cshtml]

@{
    ViewData["Title"] = "POP PRINT";
}
<style>
    #reportViewerLayout {
        position: fixed;
        left: 0px;
        right: 0px;
        top: 0px;
        bottom: 0px;
        overflow: hidden;
        font-family: 'Arial';
    }
</style>
<link href="~/StyleSheet.css" rel="stylesheet" />
<div id="reportViewerLoading">
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function () {
        $("#reportViewerLayout")
            .telerik_ReportViewer({

However, the result is that the font is broken as follows.
It came out normally in ReportDesigner, but strangely, it comes out like that in Html5Viewer.

[In ReportDesigner]

I thought it was a broken phenomenon (in my case, it's Korean) in a specific language, so I changed it to English and did it again, but the font is not applied anymore.

[Report Preview in Html5Viewer]

[Print Preview in Html5Viewer]

So here's the summary.

1. ReportServer installed and booted a font file on a computer distributed with IIS, but the font was applied by replacing it with Malgun Gothic, the default Korean font for Windows, instead of the Nanum Square RoundEB font for .trdp
2. The font file was inserted into the project by applying private fonts, but in English, the font is applied by changing to Malgun Gothic, the basic Korean font in Windows, and the letters are broken when used in Korean
3. And for now, it looks normal on html5viewer, but I don't know why print preview is different.
I saved it as a pdf file just in case, but the letters are saved in the same broken form.

I bought a license and am using it now, is there any additional part I need to buy to use the font?
I'm taking a lot of time to solve that part.

If there is a sample project that customizes the font of the Telerik Report among the ASP NET CORE projects, please let me know.

1 answer

I installed the Telerik Reporting tool. Created a new project one in Winforms and another as asp.net. Created a new class library,

When I tried to add a Teleri report I get this error message. I tried different projects and different reports and reinstalled the software.
What's wrong here? This is an absolute blocker and I basically can't do anything. It creates a .cs files with references to Telerik.Reporting; and Telerik.Reporting.Drawing yet there are no dependencies to Telerik showing up in the project.
I am running VS 2022 17.6.4 as admin.

Also, why are there no Nuget packages on nuget.org. I can't even add it manually.

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
The reference "Telerik.Reporting, Version=17.1.23.606, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9d7983dfcc261be" could not be added to the project. This wizard will continue to run, but the resulting project may not build properly.
OK   

Momchil
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Jul 2023
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?