Telerik Forums
UI for .NET MAUI Forum
1 answer

I am trying to get the background color for the RadDatePicker to be white. It is picking up a color that I am unaware of specifying ( read I did not do it intentionally :-) )

I found general styling instructions for the controls that indicated the proper way would be to create a style...

<Style TargetType="Label" x:Key="DateDisplayLabelStyle">
  <Setter Property="TextColor" Value="#007A53"/>
  <Setter Property="BackgroundColor" Value="White"/>
</Style>

I am unsure how to get the lighter green color set to white. I did not see a name for this part of the control in the documentation.

Thanks

-Sean

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jan 2024
0 answers

Hi,

We have mobile form which has RadDatePicker one of control. It is working on Android without an isssue but not working on iOS (tried with Iphone 14 - 16.6.1) but on simulator(iphone 14 - 16.4 and Iphone 15 - 17) is working fine.

I have crash report from iphone but don't know how to interpret it. Just wondering if you have seen this issue before and have any recommendation.

.net 8.0 and latest Telerik MAUI controls

Thanks

Balwinder

Elvin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 02 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hi, 

I am adding a RadDatePicker  programmatically to my MAUI app.  It is being displayed on the page but when I click on it I get System.StackOverflowException: 'The requested operation caused a stack overflow.'  Am I missing something?

private readonly RadDatePicker _datePicker;
 _datePicker = new RadDatePicker();;

var grid = new Grid
{
    { new StackLayout() { Children = { _datePicker }, Margin = 0, Orientation = StackOrientation.Horizontal } } }, 0, 0 }
};

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2023
1 answer

I have a RadDatePicker and on Android (DarkMode) the buttons are very hard to see. The background is almost black and the button text is a very dark blue making it almost impossible to see. 

How do I style the button color on darkmode to ensure that you can see the button text? iOS is fine, but android is not.

Thanks

Billy

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hi Telerik,

In MAUI android app I am restricting the dark theme on my app from getting applied, for all the controls except for the RadDatePicker it works fine.

NOTE:

The RadDatePicker is not restricting the dark theme from getting applied in MAUI.

Whereas in Xamarin it works fine.

Below is the screen shot how it looks:

Xamarin:

MAUI:

Thanks,

Mohammed Rameez Raza.

Maria
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Aug 2023
1 answer

Hi I have attached my sample application where I've been trying out the RadDataForm and the behaviour seems inconsistent. 

I have a few scenarios where the validation and commit modes are behaving differently to how the docs suggest they should. I have laid them out in the XAML for MainPage to make it easy for you to test. 

Scenario 1 - Form level settings:

When I apply ValidationMode="LostFocus" to the whole form it still validates on property changed, UNLESS I also set CommitMode to LostFocus. You can test this by uncommenting each option in my MainPage.xaml file. The Name field will validate as soon as you start typing.

Scenario 2 - Control level settings:

ValidationMode="LostFocus" on the control level only doesn't seem to work at all, even with commit = lost focus.

In order to get my form to behave how I want, I have to set the form level validation AND commit to "LostFocus", however this now introduces another issue. The datepickers don't set their values on LostFocus (because I don't think they get focus since they use a popup), and with the form overriding it, it also doesn't commit the value on property changed, even if I set it on the individual datepicker control. Which means if I have any custom validation around these properties, it won't work properly because the values have not been set.

In my case I wrote a custom validator to check that StartDate is always before EndDate. If the form is set up with no options, this works correctly, but if I add LostFocus so that my RadEntries behave correctly, when my validator fires for the dates, the value of EndDate is always not set. I have to manually commit it with form.CommitChanges.

This doesn't seem like correct behaviour, unless I'm misunderstanding the docs.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 25 May 2023
1 answer

Hi

I'm getting the following Binding errors when using the Date or Time picker.

'BorderBrush' property not found on 'Telerik.Maui.Controls.PickerDateSelector', target property: Telerik.Maui.Controls.RadBorder.BorderBrush'			

This happens regardless of the settings or style applied (at least to my knowledge) and Android and iOS.  See below for example

<telerik:RadDatePicker HeightRequest="50" IsClearButtonVisible="True" Date="10,10,10" />

<telerik:RadTimePicker HeightRequest="50" IsClearButtonVisible="True" Time="10" />

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 12 May 2023
1 answer

Hello,

starting your actual project "ControlsSamples" with an Android Emulator, the DatePicker not working (can't see any Date control). The same issue happens when i use the RadDatePicker in our own project.

We use the actual telerik Package 5.1.0.

Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2022 

Telerik.UI.for.Maui 5.1.0

Please can you help me to solve this problem.

Best regards

Elke Albert

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 10 May 2023
1 answer

Hi,

I used this link : https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/maui/controls/datepicker/styling/styling

to style (implicit style) for window  my RadDatePicker , but is not working.

I attached demo.

Thanks in advance,

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2022
0 answers

Hi,

I dont see the select button?
 <telerikInput:RadDateTimePicker x:Name="fromDateTimePicker" HorizontalOptions="Center" VerticalOptions="Center" Margin="5" HeightRequest="30" WidthRequest="170" BorderThickness="0"
                                                        Date="{Binding FromDate, Mode=TwoWay}" />
Thanks,
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Silver
Bronze
 updated question on 04 Apr 2022
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?