Telerik Forums
UI for .NET MAUI Forum
1 answer

We use a Maui RadTimePicker. We regulary update the Time Property from code behind to provide the user with a meaningful starting value.

But if the popup is open, an Update of the Time Property currently changes the current user selection. It's confusing for the user if his selection get's magically changed. Potentially right before he hits ok.

From my point of view the current behaviour is a bug. 

Workaround for us would be to try to detect if the popup is open and not update the Time Property in this case. But how can we detect in code if the popup is showing?

Thanks,

Karsten

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hi

I'm getting the following Binding errors when using the Date or Time picker.

'BorderBrush' property not found on 'Telerik.Maui.Controls.PickerDateSelector', target property: Telerik.Maui.Controls.RadBorder.BorderBrush'			

This happens regardless of the settings or style applied (at least to my knowledge) and Android and iOS.  See below for example

<telerik:RadDatePicker HeightRequest="50" IsClearButtonVisible="True" Date="10,10,10" />

<telerik:RadTimePicker HeightRequest="50" IsClearButtonVisible="True" Time="10" />

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 12 May 2023
1 answer

Hello,

I have several controls I want to change the font size and text color for (RadNumericInput, RadTimePicker, and RadTimeSpanPicker). The pop-ups are fine out of the box but the control itself (before being tapped on) has fairly small font and the font is black which doesn't work in Dark Mode. I would like to make the font larger for each of these 3 controls and bind the Text Color to a Color in my Theme so the text color updates based on the theme being Dark vs Light. I'm assuming I would do these changes for all the controls in a similar way, but I am fairly new to Telerik UI. I just don't seem to find a TextColor or FontSize exposed as either an attribute, property, etc. for any of the Rad controls. I must be missing something simple, as every basic control has ability to change text color and size.  

I would appreciate any help somebody could provide. Thank you.

p.s. - Bonus points if you can tell me how to do it in C# rather than XAML, but OK if not. I can adapt it as needed. :)

Lance | Senior Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Nov 2022
1 answer

Hi , actually it is long term issue, it is here few Telerik versions already, this time it appeared again. Issue is - some telerik controls are working thru http://schemas.telerik.com/2022/xaml/maui namespace but some are not. Have to use clr-namespace:Telerik.Maui.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Maui.Controls . Very annoying. Today after upgrade i have to go thru all source files (xaml) and change it again. Below is example of issue, assume i have 20+ xaml files there... Yes, i did clean, rebuild etc.

1 answer

Hello, I am trying to set a custom CellEditTemplate for a Date Column so that I can make it edit the time not just the date, but the binding is not working at all.

And it says this error: "Binding: 'Time' property not found on 'Telerik.Maui.Controls.Compatibility.DataGrid.DataGridCellEditContext', target property: 'Telerik.Maui.Controls.RadTimePicker.Time'"

<telerik:DataGridDateColumn PropertyName="Time" 
                                            HeaderText="Time">

<telerik:DataGridColumn.CellEditTemplate>
                        <DataTemplate>
                            <telerik:RadTimePicker Time="{Binding Time}"></telerik:RadTimePicker>
                        </DataTemplate>
                    </telerik:DataGridColumn.CellEditTemplate>

</telerik:DataGridDateColumn>

Antoan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Sep 2022
1 answer

Hi,

I used this link : https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/maui/controls/timepicker/styling/dropdown-styling

to style (implicit style)  for window my RadTimePicker , but is not working.

I attached demo.

Thanks in advance,

P.S

In Doc dropDownViewStyle is missing.

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Apr 2022
1 answer

Hi,

How I bind the selected time to view model ?

Thanks,

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2022
1 answer

Hi,

1. I'm using <telerikInput:RadTimePicker  />,

2. I want to bind it selection to view model

and set its value in the view model's constructor to current time.

3. I want also to know how to set its format only to show hours .

Thanks,

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2022
1 answer

Hi,

I have two RadDateTimePicker from && two RadButton.

In the command button I filter the chart,

The data is ok but the chart is not refreshed.

The chart load OK on view loaded.

<ContentView.BindingContext>
        <local:DashboardViewModel/>
    </ContentView.BindingContext>

<VerticalStackLayout ><HorizontalStackLayout><Label Text="From:" HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" VerticalOptions="CenterAndExpand" /><telerikInput:RadDateTimePicker x:Name="fromDateTimePicker" HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" VerticalOptions="CenterAndExpand" Margin="5" HeightRequest="60" WidthRequest="150" Date="{Binding FromDate, Mode=TwoWay}"/></HorizontalStackLayout><HorizontalStackLayout><Label Text="To:" HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" VerticalOptions="CenterAndExpand" Margin="0,0,20,0"/><telerikInput:RadDateTimePicker x:Name="toDateTimePicker" HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" VerticalOptions="CenterAndExpand" Margin="5" HeightRequest="60" WidthRequest="150" Date="{Binding ToDate, Mode=TwoWay}"/></HorizontalStackLayout><telerik:RadButton AutomationId="button" Text="Search" HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" VerticalOptions="Center" BackgroundColor="#1ABB9C" Margin="5" Command="{Binding OnDashBoardCommand}"/></VerticalStackLayout>

<telerikChart:RadCartesianChart Grid.Row="4" Grid.Column="0" x:Name="totalFilesDividedByRoutesChart">
                <telerikChart:RadCartesianChart.BindingContext>
                    <local:DashboardViewModel />
                </telerikChart:RadCartesianChart.BindingContext>
                <telerikChart:RadCartesianChart.HorizontalAxis>
                    <telerikChart:CategoricalAxis PlotMode="OnTicks"/>
                 </telerikChart:RadCartesianChart.HorizontalAxis>
                <telerikChart:RadCartesianChart.VerticalAxis>
                    <telerikChart:NumericalAxis LabelFitMode="MultiLine" />
                </telerikChart:RadCartesianChart.VerticalAxis>
                <telerikChart:RadCartesianChart.Series>
                    <telerikChart:BarSeries ValueBinding="Value"
                                    CategoryBinding="RouteName"
                                    ItemsSource="{Binding TotalFilesDividedByRoutesDataSource}" />
                </telerikChart:RadCartesianChart.Series>
            </telerikChart:RadCartesianChart>

public class DashboardViewModel: BaseViewModel
    {
OnDashBoardCommand = new Command(execute: () =>
            {
                    GetDataTotalFilesDividedByRoutesData();
            },
            canExecute: () => {
                if (!(FromDate.HasValue && ToDate.HasValue))
                {
                    return false;
                }
                return FromDate.Value <= ToDate.Value;
            });
TotalFilesDividedByRoutesDataSource = new ObservableCollection<TotalFilesDividedByRoutesData>();
             GetDataTotalFilesDividedByRoutesData();
}
 public ObservableCollection<TotalFilesDividedByRoutesData> TotalFilesDividedByRoutesDataSource { get; private set; }

private void GetDataTotalFilesDividedByRoutesData()
        {
            if (!(FromDate.HasValue && ToDate.HasValue))
            {
                return ;
            }

TotalFilesDividedByRoutesDataSource.Clear();
            TotalFilesDividedByRoutesDataSource = new ObservableCollection<TotalFilesDividedByRoutesData>(computedData.AsEnumerable());
}

Lance | Senior Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Mar 2022
1 answer

Hi,

1.telerikInput:RadDateTimePicker - look too big.

2. Text is on two lines i want to be on one line.

<Label Text="From:" HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" VerticalOptions="CenterAndExpand"/>
                <telerikInput:RadDateTimePicker x:Name="fromDateTimePicker" HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" VerticalOptions="CenterAndExpand" Margin="10" HeightRequest="50" WidthRequest="150"   />

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Mar 2022
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?