Telerik Forums
UI for .NET MAUI Forum
0 answers
Looking for a solution to expand the previous expanded DetailTemplate after a grid rebind.  The data for the grid is updated from a click event within the DetailTemplate and need the grid updated and the expanded row to either stay expanded or re-expand after the grid rebind.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated question on 05 Mar 2024
0 answers

Hi,

I updated VS to the last version and now everytime i add a datagrid to the Xaml it crashes everything. In a past project i could add all the datagrids i wanted no problem, but now even in a new Maui project with only a MainPage i can't even just putting a <telerik:RadDataGrid and pressing / to close the tag because it crashes.

I guess this could be more a visual studio problem, but it's there a work around?

I'm trying the 6.5 trial controls in a MAUI project on net 8.0.

Thanks

EDIT: Reinstalled VS and repair it after, it works now. Admin can close the question

Francisco M.
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 23 Nov 2023
0 answers

Good morning,

We are using the Telerik DataGrid in a .NET MAUI project. When I first navigate to the page, I am able to select the rows with no issue. When I go to a different tab (or different page), and then navigate back to the page where the DataGrid was, I am no longer able to make any selections to the row unless I add or remove an item from the ItemSource. Any suggestions?

<telerik:DataGridColumnHeaderStyle x:Key="HeaderStyle"
                                     BackgroundColor="#0081C6"
                                     TextColor="White"
                                     HoverBackgroundColor="#0081C6"
                                     TextFontSize="16"
                                     TextFontAttributes="Bold"/>
  <telerik:DataGridBorderStyle x:Key="SelectedBackground"
                       BackgroundColor ="#EEEEEE"/>
  <telerik:DataGridBorderStyle x:Key="MouseHoverStyle"
                       BackgroundColor="Transparent"/>

<telerik:RadDataGrid x:Name="SetInformationDataGrid" AutomationId="SetInformationDataGrid" UserGroupMode="Disabled"
                       ItemsSource="{Binding ConcreteCylinderSampleInfo.SetInformationList}" 
                       AutoGenerateColumns="False"
                       SelectionMode="Multiple" HeightRequest="300"
                       MouseHoverStyle="{StaticResource MouseHoverStyle}" SelectionStyle="{StaticResource SelectedBackground}">
      <telerik:RadDataGrid.Columns>
          <telerik:DataGridTextColumn  PropertyName="Order" HeaderText="#" CanUserEdit="False" CanUserGroup="False"  CanUserFilter="False" CanUserSort="False" HeaderStyle="{StaticResource HeaderStyle}"/>
          <telerik:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="Type" HeaderText="Type"  CanUserEdit="False" CanUserFilter="False" CanUserSort="False" HeaderStyle="{StaticResource HeaderStyle}"/>
          <telerik:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="DisplayAge" HeaderText="Age" CanUserEdit="False" CanUserFilter="False" CanUserSort="False" HeaderStyle="{StaticResource HeaderStyle}"/>
      </telerik:RadDataGrid.Columns>
  </telerik:RadDataGrid>

Angelica
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 28 Aug 2023
0 answers

My application has several views with RadDataGrids populated by DataTables. Column Names for the RadDataGrid are taken from the DataTable.

I'm using the below code to have aggregate totals next to the GroupBy Headers and to also show the total number of records displayed in the Footer. This creates an empty Column in the grid. Hiding the column removes the totals from the footer.

Is there a better way of displaying totals with the GroupBy Headers? If the empty column is necessary, how do I hide it but keep the totals in the footer?

NOTE: PluginID is the first column in the DataTable for this particular view

<telerik:RadDataGrid
            x:Name="dataGridPlugins"
            Grid.Row="4"
            Margin="0,10,0,0"
            ItemsSource="{Binding}"            
            ShowGroupHeaderAggregates="True"
            ShowColumnFooters="True" >
                <telerik:DataGridTextColumn>
                    <telerik:DataGridTextColumn.AggregateDescriptors>
                        <telerik:PropertyAggregateDescriptor PropertyName="PluginID"
                                                             Function="Count"
                                                             Caption="Total:"/>
                    </telerik:DataGridTextColumn.AggregateDescriptors>
                </telerik:DataGridTextColumn>
Clint
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 asked on 26 Jun 2023
0 answers

HI forum,

I need your help in design this view.

I have task in MAUI to download files&& folders using my API.

Please see :https://www.screencast.com/t/MGyb9B50TX99

See what I did.

https://www.screencast.com/t/HbLW5Rxbf

1.I would like to get how to build the view model/mode; for this screenshot

especially to select all , specific checkboxes .

2.I want when select all , all checkboxes will be checked and when i checked all the checkboxes the select all will be checked.

3.How to save the selected data.

4. How to get inner data for new selection when i press on folder image.

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hanoch
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 May 2023
0 answers

I have just implemented a MAUI ContentPage with an completely empty RadDataGrid definition.  In my "using" section of the xaml page, I have this entry:

xmlns:dataGrid="http://schemas.telerik.com/2022/xaml/maui"

In the root grid, I have this entry:

<dataGrid:RadDataGrid
	Grid.Row="1">
</dataGrid:RadDataGrid>

When the application is run, I get the following XAML binding errors:

NotificationsViewModel	ActualWidth	RadBorder.MinimumWidthRequest	Double	'ActualWidth' property not found on 'MobyClient.ViewModels.NotificationsViewModel', target property: 'Telerik.Maui.Controls.RadBorder.MinimumWidthRequest'
NotificationsViewModel	HeaderText	Label.Text				String	'HeaderText' property not found on 'MobyClient.ViewModels.NotificationsViewModel', target property: 'Microsoft.Maui.Controls.Label.Text'			

A key point is that when I added 'ActualWidth' and 'HeaderText' observable properties, the errors go away. In fact, when I run the Telerik MAUI code examples, I see the same errors in the examples "First Look" data grid example:

Telerik.Maui.Controls.Compatibility.DataControlsRenderer.UWP.ExtendedListViewItem	HandleIconPath	Microsoft.UI.Xaml.Controls.BitmapIcon.UriSource, Name='PART_ReorderHandle'	Uri	BindingExpression path error: 'HandleIconPath' property not found on 'Telerik.Maui.Controls.Compatibility.DataControlsRenderer.UWP.ExtendedListViewItem'			
FirstLookViewModel	ActualWidth	RadBorder.MinimumWidthRequest	Double	'ActualWidth' property not found on 'QSF.Examples.DataGridControl.FirstLookExample.FirstLookViewModel', target property: 'Telerik.Maui.Controls.RadBorder.MinimumWidthRequest'			
FirstLookViewModel	HeaderText	Label.Text				String	'HeaderText' property not found on 'QSF.Examples.DataGridControl.FirstLookExample.FirstLookViewModel', target property: 'Microsoft.Maui.Controls.Label.Text'
Obviously, I either missing something in the Telerik MAUI control setup or there is a bug. Is this a setup issue or a bug? I am also seeing similar binding errors in the RadListView. As a general rule, I do NOT like any binding errors, so this bugs me. Any ideas?
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 updated question on 18 Mar 2023
0 answers

It doesn't seem this is possible, correct? Could it be added as a feature request?

For example, I may want to use the footer row as a type of status message and would like to have the entire grid width to work with.

Thanks,

-ldl-

Larry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 asked on 14 Mar 2023
0 answers

Hi, today found bug in DataGrid on Mac OS. I'm using Macbook Air M1. When user resizes window with DataGrid inside - somehow grid content goes behind the header (see video)

There is nothing specific or customize, just did very simple grid.

<telerik:RadDataGrid x:Name="dataGrid" ItemsSource="{Binding ViewModel.Files}" Margin="50,100,30,30" 
                             AutoGenerateColumns="False" RowHeight="45">
                <telerik:DataGridTemplateColumn HeaderStyle="{StaticResource HeaderCellStyle}" HeaderText="Name" Width="250"
                                                CellContentTemplate="{StaticResource NameColumnCellTemplate}" 
                                                CanUserSort="False" CanUserFilter="False" CanUserEdit="False" />
                <telerik:DataGridDateColumn HeaderStyle="{StaticResource HeaderCellStyle}" HeaderText="Modified Date" Width="180"
                                            CellContentFormat="{}{0: dd/MM/yyyy H:mm tt}" PropertyName="LastModified" 
                <telerik:DataGridTextColumn HeaderStyle="{StaticResource HeaderCellStyle}" HeaderText="Tag(s)" Width="170"
                                            PropertyName="Tags" 
                <telerik:DataGridNumericalColumn HeaderStyle="{StaticResource HeaderCellStyle}" HeaderText="Size" Width="130"
                                                 CellContentFormat="{}{0:D}" PropertyName="Size"
        </telerik:RadDataGrid>

Arkady
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 asked on 24 Jun 2022
0 answers

Hi,

Look how it look when there are a lot of records.

<telerikDataGrid:RadDataGrid Grid.Row="4" Grid.Column="0" x:Name="resultsDataGrid"  SelectedItem="{Binding HistoryReportSelectedItem, Mode=TwoWay}" Margin="20"
                AutoGenerateColumns="False"  SelectionMode="Single" SelectionUnit="Row" ItemsSource="{Binding HistoryReportSource, Mode=TwoWay}" HeightRequest="400" 
                                         AlternateRowBackgroundStyle="{StaticResource AlternateRowBackgroundStyle}">
                      <telerikDataGrid:RadDataGrid.Columns>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="Succeded" HeaderText="Results" HeaderStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnHeaderStyle}" CellDecorationStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnBorderStyle}"/>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="Type" HeaderText="Type" HeaderStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnHeaderStyle}" CellDecorationStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnBorderStyle}"/>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="EndTime" HeaderText="End Time" HeaderStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnHeaderStyle}" CellDecorationStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnBorderStyle}"/>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="File" HeaderText="File" HeaderStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnHeaderStyle}" CellDecorationStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnBorderStyle}"/>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="Route" HeaderText="Route" HeaderStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnHeaderStyle}" CellDecorationStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnBorderStyle}"/>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="FailedFolder" HeaderText="FailedFolder" HeaderStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnHeaderStyle}" CellDecorationStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnBorderStyle}"/>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="Portal" HeaderText="Portal" HeaderStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnHeaderStyle}" CellDecorationStyle="{StaticResource DataGridTextColumnBorderStyle}"/>
                 </telerikDataGrid:RadDataGrid.Columns>
            </telerikDataGrid:RadDataGrid>

Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Silver
Bronze
 asked on 13 Apr 2022
0 answers

Hi,

Problem:When I lick on button outside the grid only on second click I get data? why?

var historyReportViewModel = new HistoryReportViewModel();
        var historyReportResults = historyReportViewModel.CreateHistotyReport(resultsSelection, portalSelection, fromDateTimeSelection,
             selectionTypeSelection, routeSelection, toDateTimeSelection);

resultsDataGrid.ItemsSource = historyReportResults;

<telerikDataGrid:RadDataGrid Grid.Row="4" Grid.Column="0" x:Name="resultsDataGrid" Margin="10"
                AutoGenerateColumns="False">
                <telerikDataGrid:RadDataGrid.BindingContext>
                    <local:HistoryReportViewModel />
                </telerikDataGrid:RadDataGrid.BindingContext>
                <telerikDataGrid:RadDataGrid.Columns>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="Succeded" HeaderText="Succeded"/>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="Type" HeaderText="Type"/>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="EndTime" HeaderText="End Time"/>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="File" HeaderText="File"/>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="Route" HeaderText="Route"/>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="FailedFolder" HeaderText="FailedFolder"/>
                    <telerikDataGrid:DataGridTextColumn PropertyName="Portal" HeaderText="Portal"/>
                </telerikDataGrid:RadDataGrid.Columns>
            </telerikDataGrid:RadDataGrid>

Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Silver
Bronze
 updated question on 09 Mar 2022
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?