Telerik Forums
UI for .NET MAUI Forum
1 answer

Hello, 

I trying to use RadEventToCommandBehavior at page level to binding a Appearing Event to a command in my ViewModel, but it doesn't work. 

[Page.XAML]

<ContentPage.Behaviors>
     <telerik:RadEventToCommandBehavior Command="{Binding AppearingCommand}" EventName="Appearing"  />
 </ContentPage.Behaviors>

[ViewModel]

[RelayCommand]
public async Task AppearingCommand()
{
    await LoadData();
}

Lance | Senior Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Mar 2024
1 answer

I'm trying to build a donet maui app but when it try to run the project in ios emulator i get this error, i don't know what to do (only happens for emulator, can run the project to ios devices)

/usr/local/share/dotnet/packs/Microsoft.iOS.Sdk/16.4.7125/targets/Xamarin.Shared.Sdk.targets(1276,3): error : clang++ exited with code 1: [/Users/carminamoreno/Documents/LosAlamosMAUI/Los Alamos MAUI/AppPedidosMobile/AppPedidosMobile.csproj::TargetFramework=net7.0-ios]
/usr/local/share/dotnet/packs/Microsoft.iOS.Sdk/16.4.7125/targets/Xamarin.Shared.Sdk.targets(1276,3): error : ld: warning: ignoring duplicate libraries: '-lSystem.IO.Compression.Native', '-lSystem.Native', '-lSystem.Net.Security.Native', '-lSystem.Security.Cryptography.Native.Apple', '-lc++', '-lmono-component-debugger', '-lmono-component-diagnostics_tracing', '-lmono-component-hot_reload', '-lmonosgen-2.0', '-lxamarin-dotnet-debug', '-lz' [/Users/carminamoreno/Documents/LosAlamosMAUI/Los Alamos MAUI/AppPedidosMobile/AppPedidosMobile.csproj::TargetFramework=net7.0-ios]
/usr/local/share/dotnet/packs/Microsoft.iOS.Sdk/16.4.7125/targets/Xamarin.Shared.Sdk.targets(1276,3): error : ld: building for 'iOS-simulator', but linking in object file (/Users/carminamoreno/Documents/LosAlamosMAUI/Los Alamos MAUI/AppPedidosMobile/obj/Debug/net7.0-ios/iossimulator-arm64/linker-cache/TelerikUI.a[arm64][2](TKChartAnnotation.o)) built for 'iOS' [/Users/carminamoreno/Documents/LosAlamosMAUI/Los Alamos MAUI/AppPedidosMobile/AppPedidosMobile.csproj::TargetFramework=net7.0-ios]
/usr/local/share/dotnet/packs/Microsoft.iOS.Sdk/16.4.7125/targets/Xamarin.Shared.Sdk.targets(1276,3): error : clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation) [/Users/carminamoreno/Documents/LosAlamosMAUI/Los Alamos MAUI/AppPedidosMobile/AppPedidosMobile.csproj::TargetFramework=net7.0-ios]

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jan 2024
1 answer

Currently, when using a NavigationView on smaller screens like a mobile phone you see the NavigationContent first and then through the hamburger menu you can navigate through the items and change page.

I was wondering if there is a way where we see the NavigationItems first? i.e. the NavigationItems take up the entire screen width and height and then clicking on the item navigates to that page.

Take Microsoft Teams for example. On laptops it shows something as a DockLayout with the chat on the left and then navigate to the detailed messages on the right. On a mobile phone tho, the list of chats take the entire screen width and height and clicking on them takes you to that detailed messages.

I was able to get this to work using DockLayout and some other additional code:

- Use onIdiom to get device type.

- Dynamically hide or show parts of dock layout. (for instance hide the right side of the DockLayout and then left takes up the entire space).

- Switch between a ContentView and a ContentPage depending on device and functionality.  On bigger screens with full fledged docklayout, use ContentView. On smaller screens with no docklayout functionality use ContentPage

This does the job but as you can see there are a lot of moving parts and when working on a bigger project this gets hard to manage. 

Can something of this sort be implemented out of the box using Telerik controls or is there already a way to achieve this?

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2024
2 answers

Hello,

I'm looking for a control for .net maui for cross-platform desktop development that lets you resize the different sections of your user interface like the GridSplitter control does in WinUI.

Does one exist?

Clint
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 updated answer on 26 Nov 2023
1 answer
Is the version 6.4.0 of MAUI compatible with .NET 8?
Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hello friends.

I need to download all the components that come with the complete Telerik DevCraft Ultimate package but offline since the computer where I need to download it does not have an Internet connection.

Thank you.

Telerik team
 answered on 13 Nov 2023
0 answers

I'm trying to build a donet maui app but when it try to compile the project for ios i get this error, i don't now what this means.

/ usr/local/share/dotnet/packs/Microsoft.iOS.Sdk/16.4.7124/targets/Xamarin.Shared.Sdk.targets(3,3): Error: clang++ exited with code 1:
Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
  “_objc_msgSend$weekOfMonth”, referenced from:
      -[TKChartDateTimeCategoryAxis getDateComponentValue:] in TelerikUI.a(TKChartDateTimeCategoryAxis.o)
  “_objc_msgSend$weekOfYear”, referenced from:
      -[TKChartDateTimeCategoryAxis getDateComponentValue:] in TelerikUI.a(TKChartDateTimeCategoryAxis.o)
  “_objc_msgSend$weekdayOrdinal”, referenced from:
  “_objc_msgSend$getDateComponentValue:“, referenced from:
      -[TKChartDateTimeCategoryAxis numericValue:] in TelerikUI.a(TKChartDateTimeCategoryAxis.o)
      -[TKChartDateTimeCategoryAxis updateRangeWithSeries:forKey:] in TelerikUI.a(TKChartDateTimeCategoryAxis.o)
  “_objc_msgSend$initWithLow:high:“, referenced from:
      -[TKChartRangeDataPoint initWithX:low:high:] in TelerikUI.a(TKChartRangeDataPoint.o)
      -[TKChartRangeDataPoint initWithY:low:high:] in TelerikUI.a(TKChartRangeDataPoint.o)
  “_objc_msgS (AppPedidosMobile)

Rafael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 08 Nov 2023
1 answer

I have the following in the old Forms project which I have mostly ported to MAUI, however I have  the following which I can't find implemented in MAUI

(forms version)

xmlns:calendarCommands="clr-namespace:Telerik.XamarinForms.Input.Calendar.Commands;assembly=Telerik.XamarinForms.Input"

<telerik:RadCalendar.Commands>
        <calendarCommands:ShowAddAppointmentViewCommand />
    <calendarCommands:ShowEditAppointmentViewCommand />
    <calendarCommands:CalendarUserCommand />
    </telerik:RadCalendar.Commands>
</telerik:RadCalendar>

None of these appear to have an equivelent in MAUI

Is there a guide to moving these command over or is there a plan in a future update to have them?

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Oct 2023
1 answer

I created a brand new .NET 8 (.NET MAUI) project and I was able to deploy to iOS successfully, when I installed the Telerik.UI.for.MAUI nuget package (version 6.3.0) I keep getting the following errors:

Xamarin.Messaging.IDB.Local.DeployAppMessageHandler Error: 0 : An error occurred while trying to deploy the app 'NewPreview.app'. Details: Could not install the application 'C:\Users\salmohtasib\AppData\Local\Temp\Xamarin\HotRestart\Signing\NewPreview.app\out\NewPreview.ipa' on the device 12028’s iPhone. Details: ApplicationVerificationFailed|0xE8008014 - Failed to verify code signature of /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.mW1lmq/extracted/Payload/NewPreview.app/Frameworks/libSkiaSharp.framework : 0xe8008014 (The executable contains an invalid signature.)

Xamarin.iOS.Windows.WindowsiOSException: Could not install the application 'C:\Users\salmohtasib\AppData\Local\Temp\Xamarin\HotRestart\Signing\NewPreview.app\out\NewPreview.ipa' on the device 12028’s iPhone. Details: ApplicationVerificationFailed|0xE8008014 - Failed to verify code signature of /var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.mW1lmq/extracted/Payload/NewPreview.app/Frameworks/libSkiaSharp.framework : 0xe8008014 (The executable contains an invalid signature.)

at Xamarin.iOS.Windows.Installer.ApplicationSession.InstallApp(String appPath, String appBundleId) in D:\a\_work\1\s\src\Tools\Xamarin.iOS.Windows.Client\Installer\ApplicationSession.cs:line 276

at Xamarin.iOS.Windows.Installer.ApplicationSession.Deploy(String appRootFolder, String appBundleId, String appName) in D:\a\_work\1\s\src\Tools\Xamarin.iOS.Windows.Client\Installer\ApplicationSession.cs:line 95

at Xamarin.iOS.Windows.HotRestartClient.Deploy(AppleDevice nativeDevice, String appBundleId, String appBundleName, Boolean& incremental) in D:\a\_work\1\s\src\Tools\Xamarin.iOS.Windows.Client\HotRestartClient.cs:line 250

at Xamarin.Messaging.IDB.Local.DeployAppMessageHandler.<ExecuteAsync>d__5.MoveNext() in D:\a\_work\1\s\src\Messaging\Xamarin.Messaging.IDB.Local\Handlers\DeployAppMessageHandler.cs:line 43: 10/19/2023 00:42:53Z

It looks like it's an issue with libSkiaSharp. 

This is my .NET version 8.0.100-rc.2.23502.2

.NET MAUI version  8.0.0-rc.2.9373/8.0.100-rc.2         SDK 8.0.100-rc.2

Visual Studio Version 17.8.0 Preview 4.0

Any help is appreciated, thank you! 

Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2023
1 answer

Hi All,

I just want to ask if it is possible to change the clear button icon in RadEntry? Currently, we have a feature that we need to display an exclamation point icon in the current clear button position if the user enters an invalid value. Also, upon pressing on that exclamation point, we need to display a pop up message.

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Oct 2023
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?