Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
0 answers

Hello!

I am trying to use ListView with Buttons inside a Tabstrip. I want the user to be able to select an item to view a report.
As part of this list, I want a clickable hamburger button for the user to open up a popover menu for additional settings.

This setup works for all browsers when I do not perform the "filter" function. However on Firefox (only), using this filter function on the ListView causes my Kendo buttons inside the list to suddenly not fire the onClick handlers.

$("#listView").data("kendoListView").dataSource.filter({      
      filters: [
        { field: "Document_Number", operator: "contains", value: "J82901" }
      ]
    });

On Chrome and Edge, the Kendo buttons work just fine even after this filter. On Firefox however, I notice that the Kendo buttons are unformatted and do not respond to the click events when logging output in the console.

To reproduce the issue, I have provided the following dojo code: Sandbox Code here

Here is a sample image of the output: I have a Tabstrip with a ListView nested within. Each ListView entry has a button attached to it via a template. On click, the button should fire the click handler and print output to the console. (And a popover in the future)

Any help to get this working on Firefox would be greatly appreciated! This is an older version of Kendo UI (Sept 2021).

Thanks.

C
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 29 Apr 2024
0 answers

I am trying to call a function from the javascript from filter. If I try to filter the column , the function is not being called. There is no any error in console and the value is coming into the grid. But just that trigger is not called when filter the column. Also I wondering  if I remove the function from the script , it will look for the function and will give the error function not found. But if there is function, it will not call the function and alert message is not getting 
We are using the latest version of Kendo Telerik grid. Why the filterable.UI does not work in Asp.net core MVC? How can I find the reason why it is not called?

Here is my code

columns.Bound(e => e.City)
                .Filterable(filterable => filterable.UI("cityFilter"))
                .Width(200);

<script type="text/javascript">

function cityFilter(element) {
        alert('testting'
    }
</script>

Pol
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated question on 14 Mar 2024
0 answers

I have a model DateTime property called CreatedDate and If I try to filter by date  using the filter 'Is equal to' for a single date, it will not filter the records for the given date due its time part in it filter checking. So How can I make it filter truncating the time part from the filter ?
Pol

public class EmployeeViewModel

{

public string Name{get; set;}

public DateTime  CreatedDate{get; set;}

}

In Kendo Grid
column.Bound(c=>c.CreatedDate).Title("Created Date")

Pol
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 14 Mar 2024
0 answers

3 - have ability to make filter simpler(UI, remove group option)

the scenario - I want to have the filter be above the grid & be able to apply the filtering on the server to limit the result set, but at the same time, when the result set is limited give the user the ability to filter the grid on the client using grid row filter 

Aleksandr
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bronze
Bronze
Veteran
 updated question on 14 Sep 2023
0 answers
https://dojo.telerik.com/oKoXUJOy
Aleksandr
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bronze
Bronze
Veteran
 asked on 14 Sep 2023
0 answers

I am looking for a help where I need to recreate the options for column filter values when the data on left hand side filter changes?

I have a drop down list country on left hand side and when ever user select the country the column(region), filter (custom filter, based on column on the grid) all the checkboxes for the custom filter should reflect the region as per the country selected.

Vaibhav
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 09 Apr 2023
0 answers

I have a Kendo grid Jquery component with field grouped and hidden. I would like to show a filter button based on this field. Could you help me ?

Thanks

Alex
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 16 Feb 2023
0 answers

Hi,

When I tried to filter the grid by pressing the buttons on top of the grid, the filtering does not appear to work.

I just dont know where I went wrong. I have done quite a few of them without issues, but on this one, i cannot see where the problem is. I have now triple check the code and I still can't see it!

Adding here a link to the dojo: https://dojo.telerik.com/@galedin/EXAZIJIx

Thanks,

Monica
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated question on 20 Dec 2022
0 answers

When I select a filter dropdown value, it gets populated into other filter fields as well.

I have checked my grid configurations, but couldn't figure our what issue is there.

PS: The attachment is an GIF screen recording of the issue.

Charlie
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 22 Jun 2022
0 answers

We are facing filter issue on Kendo Grid when filter value is mapped to 0, below is the piece of code.

(We are applying existing filters to the new datasource to get the expected result)

Code:

BulkTaggingDataSource.read().then(function () {
  var filter = {};
  if ($("#FoodGrid").data("kendoGrid").dataSource.filter()) {
       filter.filter = $("#FoodGrid").data("kendoGrid").dataSource.filter();
  }

var query = kendo.data.Query.process(BulkTaggingDataSource.read.data(), filter);

$.each(query.data, function (index, content) {
         $.each(query.data, function (index, content) {
                   if ($.inArray(content.id, checkedIds) < 0) {
                       checkedIds[content.id] = state;
                   }
         })
   })
});

Filter which we get from $("#FoodGrid").data("kendoGrid").dataSource.filter(): is 

In our case if the {field: 'TotalHours', operator: 'eq', value: '0'} if the filter value is '0'
we get the query.data as empty array and we wont get the expected result.

and filter will work if the {field: 'TotalHours', operator: 'eq', value: '5'}

we are facing issue only for '0' filter. and in schema we have declared 'TotalHours' as number.

Kindly let us know how to fix this issue.

Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 06 May 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron