Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
0 answers
We need to display different properties per node in an orgchart or diagram. How can we accomplish this with different datasource schema's and templates?
Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 19 Apr 2024
1 answer

Hi there, can you please tell me if this is a bug? or if I'm doing something wrong. 

I get this error when I try to read 2000 records in from API, it says "Maximum call stack size exceeded". The response is retrieved but when the results are not showing in the Org Chart. They do show when I read 1000 records.

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2024
0 answers
I've been searching through the forum for an example of a many-to-many example in dojo and thus far I've been unsuccessful.  I've seen a couple of questions from 6-8 years ago, but nothing recent to tell me that it is possible.  My desire is that given a proper datasource representing objects that have multiple parents and/or children that a relationship diagram can be created.  I have a single parent orgchart working just fine and it works great because I don't have to set positions for the elements or set connectors.  From my limited searching and reading on Diagrams I'm pretty sure I can eventually figure out how to get one working, but I believe it would require me to explicitly position each element as well as create and position connectors.  If I'm wrong, a working example would work wonders for my understanding.
Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 24 Jan 2024
1 answer

Using the Kendo UI Dojo, I have the code seen at the bottom. There are also two screenshots.

If you run this, you will find that the child elements are widely spaced apart even though their own content is small.  If I change the value of item ID 1 to 10 characters, the spacing shrinks to reasonable distances (see screenshots below).  I don't understand why the parent width should affect the child widths.  Is there any way for me to correct this?

Thank you,

Tom Clark

<!DOCTYPE html>

<html>
<head>
    <base href="https://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/orgchart/index">
    <style>html { font-size: 14px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; }</style>
    <title></title>
    <link href="https://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/themes/7.0.2/default/default-main.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.7.0.min.js"></script>

<script src="https://kendo.cdn.telerik.com/2023.3.1114/js/kendo.all.min.js"></script>

<style>
.k-card {
    border: none !important;
    background-color: inherit !important;
}

.k-orgchart-card {
    width: auto !important;
}

.k-orgchart-node-group-container {
    padding: 0 !important;
}

.k-button {
    cursor: default !important;
    outline: none !important;
}

.k-orgchart-line-v, .k-orgchart-line-h {
    color: #000000 !important;
}

.org-chart-item {
    padding: 10px 15px 10px 15px !important;
    white-space: nowrap !important;
    font-size: 12px !important;
}

</style>
</head>
<body>
    <div id="example">    
    <div id="orgchart"></div>

<script>
        var data = [
            { id: 1, name: "123456789012345678901234567890", expanded: true },
            { id: 2, name: "Clevey Thrustfield", parentId: 1 },
            { id: 3, name: "Carol Baker", parentId: 1 },
            { id: 4, name: "Kendra Howell",parentId: 1 },
            { id: 5, name: "Sean Rusell",parentId: 1 },
            { id: 6, name: "Steven North", parentId: 1 },
          { id: 7, name: "Frank Furter", parentId: 1 }
        ];

$("#orgchart").kendoOrgChart({
            dataSource: data,
          collapse: function (e) { e.preventDefault(); },
          editable: false,
          groupField: "name",
          groupHeaderTemplate: "",
          template: `<div class="org-chart-item">#: name #</div>`
        });
    </script>    
</div>
</body>
</html>

DISPLAY WHEN PARENT WIDTH IS LARGE:

DISPLAY WHEN PARENT WIDTH IS SMALL:

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Jan 2024
1 answer

Is there a way to allow users to create new entries for an empty OrgChart? We're looking at adding this widget as a means of allowing our users to create their own organizational charts. This necessarily means that the charts will start as empty - there will be no data in them to begin with. And it seems like this is unintended behavior for the widget? The only way I can find to allow for the creation of an entry into the chart is to forcibly have a fake dummy record from which the "Create" action can be invoked. An empty chart doesn't have a toolbar at all. I'd create my own toolbar, but I cannot find anything in the API that allows me to invoke the create modal via JS.

We're using the JQuery version of Kendo UI. Thanks.

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Apr 2023
1 answer

My requirement is to create a diagram which is using different widgets to child and parent nodes. Is there a way to use two or more different custom templates for parent and its child nodes. Please see the image below that is something I want to create

Georgi Denchev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Mar 2023
1 answer

Need Source code Below Format Kendo Chart with in the Angular 

Present below is jQuery, but instead of jQuery using angular support source code

https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/knowledge-base/display-time-on-value-axis#solution

Please find the reference image

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Feb 2023
3 answers

hi,

I am trying to implement the following example

https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/ui/orgchart/configuration/editable.fields

But it doesn't seem to work even on the website

Am I right?

I expect that after the implementation I will not be able to edit the fields shown in the edit popup.

Lyuboslav
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Oct 2022
1 answer
I Have 71 Records in the array list, When I Pass That Array To Kendo Org Chart It Takes Too Time To load
Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Sep 2022
1 answer

Hi, I'm working with the Kendo jQuery OrgChart widget and for some reason it is blowing up to a huge size and I haven't had any luck adjusting it. Here is a dojo of the data I'm working with (https://dojo.telerik.com/ibiniBuW). It doesn't seem to have many more nodes than the demos but it automatically takes up a huge amount of space. The dimensions seem to default to height: 2413px and width: 10399px no matter the size of the parent div.

I have tried resizing the div itself and then using styling on the k-orgchart-container class and neither method changed anything. I have also tried setting height, width, and chartArea from within the widget and none of those changes made any difference either.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Lyuboslav
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Dominik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Giuliano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dominic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Glendys
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
NoobMaster
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Dominik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Giuliano
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dominic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Glendys
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
NoobMaster
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron