Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer
Hi I need help with the methods or solution that could help me filter or sort the table according to the selected in here .PageSizes(new[] { 10, 20, 50, 100 })) I have called my model in here  @(Html.Kendo().Grid<ProblemGridViewModel>() and I'm using Kendo grid with .Name and .colums. If possible let make it sort or filter without going to the model and controller. Just make the view do the things
Anton Mironov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Jan 2024
2 answers

Hi,

Currently I am maintaining a couple of different versions of a project. The selectable option is working but the colors when a row is selected are off a bit:

Here is the older version of Kendo UI for jQuery (2020.3 SP1):

The newer version of Kendo (2023.3 SP1) changed the color, and it works nicely with my child grids:

How can I change the older Kendo UI so it looks more like the newer version? So when selected the background color changes  enough that the letters are visible in front of the background color? I am guessing there is a way to do this via  a cascading style sheet?

P.S. Here is a DOJO with my code:

https://dojo.telerik.com/@georgeg@pipkins.com/aZAwIRaX

Regards,

George

George
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 answered on 02 Jan 2024
1 answer

I have a problem with DropDownMenu in the KendoGrid: https://dojo.telerik.com/aFoTuXoy

I tried to add DropDownMenu (from bootstrap) to cell inside of KendoGrid.

Also I added style to code (I found this reference early: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/68672182/boostrap-dropdown-menu-in-kendo-grid-cell-template):

<style type="text/css">
    .k-master-row td {
      overflow: visible !important;
    }
  </style>

But it didn't help me and menu hides inside of table.

I need to add DropDown menu to Main and Detail tables.

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2023
1 answer
Is there was a way to set the size of all the elements on a grid filter menu to "small"?
Peter Milchev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Dec 2023
1 answer

I am setting up a grid with inline edit mode and CRUD operations. I add the "create" option in the toolbar and added a command column with "edit" and "delete" options. When I use the add row button, or the edit row button, then the command column changes to contain "Update" and "Cancel" buttons. When I click the "Update" button, nothing seems to happen. The change does not get saved, I see no errors in the console and mu console.logs in the update/create/delete functions also don't get triggered. I am using version 2022.2.621 of Kendo UI for jQuery. (I cannot easily update to a newer version, because we have custom CSS for most components and with every new update, we have a ton of work to update this CSS, because Kendo is always changing/removing/adding class names on HTML elements for some reason.)

I have created an example in the dojo where you can reproduce this problem: https://dojo.telerik.com/eRibIRed

Did I configure the grid wrongly?

Update: I tried version 2023.3.1114 and have the same problem there.

Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Dec 2023
0 answers
I'm working on implementing multi checkbox grid filtering in a project. I have a requirement where I need to have a different value for the display text than the value that is filtered on. I'm basically looking for the properties dataTextField and dataValueField  that are found on other controls such as a multiselect. Using this example to explain further; how do I use the multi checkbox filter to filter on the Category field by CategoryID but still display the CategoryName as the filter display?
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 asked on 20 Dec 2023
1 answer

Is there not a way to instruct the Grid to format dates and times in another timezone other than the browser's timezone?

For example, if you consider the example at example you'll see that the date of '2020-01-01T18:45' is formatted as 'Wed Jan 01 2020 18:45:00 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)' because I am in the EST timezone.  This is great. 

But what if I want it formatted in the PST timezone?

For example, if the date string provided is '2020-01-01T18:45-08:00', the formatted date in the example is 'Wed Jan 01 2020 21:45:00 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)' which is correct.  But how do I get the Grid to render 'Wed Jan 01 2020 18:45:00 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)'.

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Dec 2023
1 answer

Hi,

Have a question regarding pagination or adding records as I need them to a Kendo UI grid. I am not even sure how to express or ask this question.
Want to add records as I scroll down/up on a grid, and remove the ones not visible in the grid. Ultimately, I only want to show a portion of the records the API can grab from the database.

The idea is I might pull in 1,000 +  records and only want to show like 20 on the screen, the ones not visible are NOT in the client on the browser. One of my coworkers mentioned I could do this with "Pagination". Where you would dynamically call the API for more records as you scrolled down (or up) to add the non-visible records. How do you do this with a Kendo Grid?

Would I need to request records 1-20, then when I move down it loads 20-40, and when 20 is at the top it only refreshes 20-40;  discarding 1-19? How does that work? Is there a mechanism that handles this?

Do I have to coordinate this with the API some how so I only get records 1-N, do I have to specify this somehow with the API?

•If the original 20 leave the uper edge of the grid -> then unload them.
•If I scroll down past 20 --> load 20 more
• If I scroll up --> load the previous 20.

How would I achieve this?

Thanks!

George

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Dec 2023
1 answer

Hi,

as the title says i'm trying to open an alert on the Select Event of a kendoContextMenu, but the alert is shown only after the Select function is completed, is it possible to show an alert as soon as the user clicks on the ContextMenu option (at the start of the Select Event)?

Below the Select Event of my code:

select: function (e) {
     alert("Test Alert"); //This one appears only after that the Select function ends, but i'd want it to appear as soon as the select function starts

//MY CODE
}

Thanks in advance,

- Antonio

Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2023
1 answer

Hi team,

I have a question regarding the Kendo Grid in jQuery. Is there a way to implement a functionality where clicking the header checkbox on the first page selects or deselects all rows on that page and across all pages, including updating all the header checkboxes?

Thanks,
Swapnil
Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Dec 2023
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron