Telerik Forums
Kendo UI for jQuery Forum
1 answer

Hi,

I found errors in the Dutch translation messages for the pager, more specifically in the 'page', 'allPages' and 'morePages' messages. The correct message object for Dutch is:

{
  "allPages": "Alle",
  "display": "items {0} - {1} van {2}",
  "empty": "Geen items om te tonen",
  "first": "Ga naar eerste pagina",
  "itemsPerPage": "items per pagina",
  "last": "Ga naar laatste pagina",
  "next": "Ga naar volgende pagina",
  "of": "van {0}",
  "page": "Pagina {0}",
  "previous": "Ga naar vorige pagina",
  "refresh": "Verversen",
  "morePages": "Meer pagina's"

}

I'm a native Dutch technical translator by trade, so I think I know what I'm talking about ;-)

Also the 'morePages' message isn´t mentioned in the Pager documentation.

Best regards,

Henk

Lyuboslav
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Nov 2022
1 answer

Hi,

I would like to have paging on my grid and I am using standard paging options as recommended.

However one of users would like to start with option "Show all", and I can achieve this with setting page sizes, but not pageSize property. Grid automatically falls back to All, which is ok - display of number of records is broken in this case, and instead of showing 135 - 135 of 135 items, it says NaN - NaN of 135 items.

Is the way I am setting grid to use all as default wrong or there is a bug with this behavior?

For the example of behavior, please see the demo

Regards,

Vedad

Georgi Denchev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Sep 2022
1 answer

Hello,

I am working with application where I have thousands of images to load on ImageBrowser of Kendo Editor.

ImageBrowser is getting stuck as having too many images to load, Can we have any option to add pagination or lazy loading in ImageBrowser?

So, I can load only 20 images at a time and other based on request.

Please note that I am fetching images from controller method which returns list of FileBrowserEntry as below.

Thanks,

Trusha

Martin
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Jun 2022
1 answer
For example, you took 20 data and showed grid.
pressing the next button will pull the next 20 from the api again and it will be displayed
Aleksandar
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Jun 2022
0 answers

hı everyone.

How is pagination done?
Sezer
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 27 May 2022
1 answer

would like to check if the red box up item in the image for paging of the grid be hidden. i know that i can hide using CSS, but i would like to check if the grid have a jquery option to do this instead?

also would like to check if i am able to customised the page size dropdown but adding new page size to it?

Georgi Denchev
Telerik team
 answered on 23 May 2022
1 answer

When you evaluate a page, with a kendo grid inside, accessibility tools like WAVE (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wave-evaluation-tool/jbbplnpkjmmeebjpijfedlgcdilocofh), show errors on "pager links".

These errors are Broken ARIA references: An aria-labelledby or aria-describedby reference exists, but the target for the reference does not exist.

The links have the aria-describeby attribute, but the reference does not exist.

Attached screenshot with the generated code

Kendo version: 2022.1.301

Thanks!

Georgi Denchev
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Apr 2022
0 answers

I have a pager control that needs to show the pageSize drop-down. On the initial load of the page, the drop-down is not shown, but any resize events, even towards making the page narrower result in the drop-down to be shown.

Here is how the pager control is defined:

$("#pager").kendoPager({
            dataSource: vm.DataSource,
            pageSizes: [5, 10, 20, 50, 100]
        }).data("kendoPager");

and here is how it looks when the page loads:

and here is how it looks if I resize page in any way, even towards making the page narrower:

My question is why the Page Size drop-down is not visible when the page first loads?

Thanks

Evgueni
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated question on 18 Mar 2022
1 answer
Is there a way to change the default breakpoints of the responsive Grid Pager?

https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/controls/data-management/pager/responsive
Neli
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Feb 2022
1 answer

I'm trying to fetch a lot of data, which is reaching 100k+ results. The main problem is that the API doesn't work with this many records at once due to simply being more data than allowed in memory by the webserver (for good reasons). What's the proper solution to continue here? I can easily page the data, but I want the filter/sorting client side over the complete result. It basically comes down to having to execute multiple requests to fetch all data and then use the grid with this data. 

I noticed several issues if I use a DataSource directly, such as paging will request a new page if the page size changes for example. If I have already fetched the first 20 records, and I change the page size from 10 to 15, it will fetch the 15 records again while it already has those records. On top of that it seems that I can't exactly pre-load the data easily either without manually writing some code to call the API endpoint X times.

I'm suspecting that the solution would be to create an observable array and fill this based on a data source that I query page by page? This way I could for example load the first 100 results and then batch the rest in sets of 10k or 20k?

Are there any examples available? I'm using the jQuery variant.

Edit: I'm still in need of at least a "destroy" call for this grid, could that even work together?

Georgi Denchev
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Jul 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron