Telerik Forums
KendoReact Forum
1 answer
Which version must one download to get all the translations for these languages "en-US", "fr-CA", "de-DE", and "zh-CN"?

We seem to be missing translations in Canadian French "fr-CA" for "Sort Ascending", "Sort Descending", "And", and "Or".
Wissam
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Apr 2024
1 answer

Hello,

We recently upgraded Kendo packages to fix some weird behaviors but have noticed that the styling of MenuItems and the associated arrows changed despite our CSS styles not changing. As can be observed, the arrow has gone transparent and we are unable to determine how to try to change its style to white. We are able to still change the font color and background, but the arrow remains unaffected.

Pre Upgrade:

Post Upgrade:

Douglas
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 01 Feb 2024
1 answer

Hello,

we have a use case where our actions column are hidden in grid because they are extra actions and there can be a lot of them, so we decided that we want to show them only when you hover over a row and show actions for that specific row. One of these actions is Menu where the parent is icon with vertical dots. When we hover over it shows menu items correctly, but when we hover one of the items the row loses hover and actions get hidden again even tho the popup is still open. 

The problem is because the popup opens in a portal outside of root, and it is separated from the grid altogether.

Here is simple reproducible issue demo with parent dissapearing when hover over menu items: Demo of the issue

Ideally we would like the row and actions to stay open in grid on that specific row and only close when we leave row and popup.
We tried implementing openPopupOnClick prop but it was worse user experience and still issue with hover after the first time.

Thank you for your help!

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Oct 2023
1 answer

Greetings,

I'm currently using contentRender to display the items from the menu button. I have an issue where the long menu of items is causing the window to exceed the max height and create a scroll bar. 

Is it possible to display the menu with nested items and/or split the items into multiple columns with contentRender?

Please help, thanks!

Jason

Filip
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2023
1 answer

Greetings,

I'm trying to implement the menu buttons that will only expand when it's clicked and it should remain open when the mouse pointer leaves the Menu. Currently, the user has to click the menu button or the items to close the menu. Is there a way to close the menu and disable the open-on-hover behavior by clicking outside of the menu button on the page?

Here is the snippet of the code:

<Menu
  openOnClick
  hoverCloseDelay={100000}
>

Please help, thanks!

Jason

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Oct 2023
2 answers

I have added a custom column menu to my kendo grid. It has a dropdown list element, where users can choose an option and the grid data is filtered. This all works successfully.

I have one issue. When the user clicks on the Filter or Clear Button, the column menu does not disappear. Clicking outside the column menu does not hide the column menu.

I have to click on the column menu again to focus it, then when I click outside the column menu, it disappears.

I cannot get access to the div 'k-grid-columnmenu-popup', as this is controlled by kendo and does not appear in my column menu component.

Has anyone come up against this problem and solved it?

SoH
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
 answered on 11 Aug 2023
1 answer
When a grid is having more columns which can't be fit in a single screen (Zoom 100%) and requires Horizontal scroll bar then Tabbing through columns using tab key which are not fully visible and hidden behind the row menu area is not working.
Vessy
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jun 2023
1 answer
I have a Kendo Menu that has a custom menu item renderer. Its list of menu items is controlled by Redux, and the items in the list change from time to time. I was wondering if there was a way to animate the transition of menu items when the content changes. Adding an animation to the item renderer didn't seem to make a difference, and the content of the menu still changes without a transition.
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 29 May 2023
1 answer
Good evening everyone,

I'm trying to copy the values from the Grid row using the ContextMenu. It works on Kendo's default cells, but it's not working on customized cells.
I made an example and, in it, you can see that it's not possible to get the value (check the console) if you right-click and click Copy. It will return:
{dataItem: undefined, field: undefined}
While in default cells it returns the value normally:
{dataItem: Object, field: "ProductName"}

Furthermore, the 'onContextMenu' in <td/> is presenting an error in TypeScript

Type '(event: MouseEvent<HTMLElement, MouseEvent>, dataItem: any, field?: string) => void' is not assignable to type 'MouseEventHandler<HTMLTableDataCellElement>'

Follow the code
brave-leftpad-tt12no - CodeSandbox

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 09 May 2023
1 answer

It appears the Menu component is not responsive. How to make it responsive?

There is a responsivepanel for Kendo Jquery to enable this, is there something similar in KendoReact?

I cannot use the Appbar because of submenus.

Thanks.

Vessy
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2023
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron