Telerik Forums
KendoReact Forum
2 answers

I am using Kendo React for Griding and using only for development and for learning and testing not for the commercial purpose.

Is there a way to Achieve all attribute,functionlity without getting license key (with out water Mark).

Remember This is only for testing,Learning, Development not for commercail purpose

kha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 19 Apr 2024
0 answers

So, I've been going over the online documentations to make sure that I'm not asking a dumb question here. While there's been mention within the docs that we can set up the value of the license key as an environment variable. The instructions surrounding it isn't clear enough. By 'environment variable' do you mean like how we sometimes would set up a path for an executable in the windows system environment? Or in Ubuntu/Linux we would use .bashrc file. I usually put my environment variables there.

Is that what the docs is referring to?

The other thing that I'm also really curious to ask, when following the "Getting Started" guide within the docs, I was trying to set up an app using "npx create-kendoreact-app". But I encountered an error when it tried to download/install various components. I suspect it might be something to do with the licensing? I could be wrong. (I've attached the image) I'm not sure if this is the normal behavior, or maybe it's just a random, one-time incident.

(Updated) I have given 'npx create-kendoreact-app' another shot. This time I didn't opt for SASS, and everything ran smoothly. Perhaps you might want to raise this issue within your product team. Let them know that it needs to be fixed.

Curious, for all future KendoReact projects, does it mean we have to do two steps?

1. Step One: run npx create-kendoreact-app
  2. Step Two: run npx kendo-ui-license activate

I look forward to your clarification on these two issues.

(Updated) Sorry, I seemed to have answered my own question. Yes, the environment variable as stated in the docs meant putting it in an actual Environment Variable on your system.

On Linux: Edit the .bashrc file in your home folder.

On Windows: Just create a new environment variable and call it "KENDO_UI_LICENSE".

I want to leave this here for anybody it might help in the near future. :P

Sherman
Top achievements
Rank 2
 updated question on 20 Mar 2024
1 answer

I'm generating a static site with Next.js. When I do so, I get the "No valid license" message on the page with the Grid. I have a valid key, and everything works fine when running the `dev` server. What steps should I take to get this working with SSG?

Thanks!

Wissam
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jan 2024
1 answer
The "Set Up Your KendoReact License Key" page suggests that we should install the @progress/kendo-licensing as a dependency by using npm install --save @progress/kendo-licensing or yarn add @progress/kendo-licensing.

As far as I understand, this package is used only for license activation, so it might be installed as a devDependency. Am I right, or there is some reason why it shouldn't be installed as a devDependency?
Wissam
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2023
1 answer

Hello team,

I Need some help in understanding the license mechanism when the react application is deployed in client location (on-premise).

Right now the license is put on 'kendo-ui-license.txt' file in the src code.

When the application is bundled , will this license be read and used from 'kendo-ui-license.txt' ? or any other way has to be followed?

or help me understand to use license in product bundling.

Filip
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Mar 2023
1 answer

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but since I haven't clarified with the information I've read I'm writing it here. 

I am working on a project to which I need to integrate only the "KendoReact Rich Text Editor".

And I'm confused by the fact that I can run it perfectly well without having applied for the 30 days free trial, let alone obviously a paid license.

To my understanding it is assumed that if I can use it without entering the license is because it is indeed allowed right?

According to what you put in your Kendo UI FAQ section: Why are you open sourcing part of the Kendo UI framework?

Apparently it can be used without a license.

The only thing I see is this information in the console when installing the necessary plugins:

> @progress/kendo-licensing@1.3.0 postinstall D:\Project\node_modules\@progress\kendo-licensing
> node ./bin/kendo-ui-license.js activate --ignore-no-license

(INFO) Kendo UI: KENDO_UI_LICENSE environment variable not set
(WARN) Kendo UI: License file not found at "D:\Projects\kendo-ui-license.txt"

The point is that I don't quite understand some aspects of the license and I want to know if I won't get into trouble using the Kendo rich text editor commercially if I keep using it.

Thanks a lot!

Wissam
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Feb 2023
0 answers
2.1K+ views

I have a problem similar to this:

https://www.telerik.com/forums/license-activation-failed-for-react-project

i deleted node modules, package-lock and did npm cache clean -f. After reinstall I still get 

I get this in localhost as well as our production environments. I see it worked in npm install

> @progress/kendo-licensing@1.2.2 postinstall C:\Development\CanvasCoreServices\EY.Kronos\EY.Kronos.Web\node_modules\@progress\kendo-licensing
> node ./bin/kendo-ui-license.js activate --ignore-no-license

(INFO) Kendo UI: KENDO_UI_LICENSE environment variable not set
(INFO) Kendo UI: Reading license from "C:\Development\CanvasCoreServices\EY.Kronos\EY.Kronos.Web\kendo-ui-license.txt"...
(INFO) Kendo UI: License imported successfully.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Shane
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
 asked on 12 Dec 2022
1 answer

I've added a kendo license to our CI service.

I've activated it locally and it I don't see the console logs telling me that I'm missing a license.

The build runs successfully and the logs show the following:

+ echo 'Activate Kendo UI License'

Activate Kendo UI License

+ npx kendo-ui-license activate

(INFO) Kendo UI: Reading license from KENDO_UI_LICENSE environment variable...

(INFO) Kendo UI: License imported successfully.

But when I run the app, I see this in the browser console:

License activation failed for @progress/kendo-react-charts
No license found.

Should there have been an activation success message after 'License imported successfully'?

Filip
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Nov 2022
1 answer
3.8K+ views

Hi Team,

We are using kendo react licences version in our web project, we have suddenly some functionality like filtering in grid are stopped working. upon investigate, we found below message in console and we suspect this might be the reason.

License activation failed for @progress/kendo-react-intl
Your license expired on 15/09/2021, 03:34:16, the package was published on 18/01/2022, 19:57:51.

We followed steps documented in below link, but still not showing filter option in grid and keep getting activation fail message. is there something we are missing here?

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/my-license/?utm_medium=product&utm_source=kendoreact&utm_campaign=kendo-ui-react-purchase-license-keys-warning

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Feb 2022
1 answer
14.0K+ views

Hi, I have my license on

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/my-license/

and trying to add KendoReact to an existing react application.  When following instructions and running "npm install --save @progress/kendo-licensing", I get this error: "Unable to authenticate, need: Basic realm="Artifactory Realm""

PS C:\Users\NBKVCNE\source> cd pcoe
PS C:\Users\NBKVCNE\source\pcoe> npm install --save @progress/kendo-licensing
npm ERR! code E401
npm ERR! Unable to authenticate, need: Basic realm="Artifactory Realm"

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\Users\NBKVCNE\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2022-01-21T16_29_56_327Z-debug.log

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jan 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron