Telerik Forums
KendoReact Forum
1 answer

I have a price column, in Grid am using format="{0:c}" for displaying currency format. I need same format to be displayed for that particular column's GridColumnMenuCheckboxFilter also. If i update the data object, filter is not working as numeric. Need an urgent fix for this issue ?

Am using below code for wrapper: 

<GridColumnMenuWrapper
          {...props.columnMenuWrapperProps}
          data={alldata}
          expanded={true}
          searchBox={() => null}
        ></GridColumnMenuWrapper>
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2023
1 answer

hii,

Suppose I am having a Table in grid where i am having total 5 columns. When I am pressing TabKey, It is going sequentially from 1 to 5 and then it is going to another row. For every row I want to skip a column. I tried with tabIndex as -1 and 99999 for particular column. I tried with eventlistener with if-else condition also, But not working for me.

https:/c/stackblitz.com/edit/react-7srkcq-wpog86?file=app/main.jsx

In this given link the table is given I want to skip "Units" column from the table. 

Currrently is is going like this ID>ProductName>FirstOrderedOn>Units>Discontinued> NextRow, I need to skip the highlighted column.

When I will press the tab key it should be start from ID>ProductName>FirstOrderedOn>Discontinued> NextRow  

Thankyou

Abhishek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 23 Nov 2022
1 answer
1.5K+ views

Hi,

I am using the KendoReact grid with checkbox selection as outlined here: https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/components/grid/selection/#toc-customizing-the-selection

I was hoping for some help on the best way to selectively hide the checkbox for certain rows based on row data while still using default Grid selection behaviours i.e. Grid selectedField, onSelectionChange and onHeaderSelectionChange.

I know that I can use a custom cell template to selectively hide or show the checkbox, but if I do this is there any way to still use the Grid onSelectionChange handler for the checkboxes that are shown? Or do I have to use the Grid onItemChange event to change the selected field instead?

Kind regards,

David

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Aug 2022
1 answer

Hi,

We have an editable grid with multiple different editable field types outside of the basic TextInput including date fields, Combobox and multiselect. One requirement is to have the Enter key add a new row to the grid from the field in the last column - no mouse involvement, only keyboard navigation. With a field type of Text Input we can successfully implement with the onKeypress event. How can this event be implemented on the other field types that may be present as the editable field in the last column?

Example stackblitz here: https://stackblitz.com/edit/react-cw51ay-yswpbg?file=app%2Fmain.jsx

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Jul 2022
1 answer

I created a custom grid cell to preselect and disable some columns based on the state, but now I am unable to select any checkboxes.

Is there a way to use the custom cell to set the checkbox values and keep the selection and selection state working the same? 

<td colSpan={props.colSpan} role={'gridcell'} aria-colindex={props.ariaColumnIndex}>
        <input
          disabled={ifAttached} // value from state
          type="checkbox"
          checked={ifAttached} // value from state
        />

</td>

Ina
Telerik team
 answered on 24 May 2022
1 answer

Hi,

I wanted to disable the checkbox based on it's value. Is there a proper way of disabling it?

I'm using the sample code on this page https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/components/grid/selection/#toc-customizing-the-selection

Thanks!

Filip
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2022
1 answer

Hi,

I am implementing grid with hierarchy view, using example below

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/components/grid/rows/hierarchy/

but i added checkbox in the child grid where we need to select on header all the child checkbox should be selected. all works fine, but when i expand multiple childs, other child's checkbox is unchecking.

for example. i have grid with 5 rows. each rows has expand button(+) when i expand first row and check on header checkbox all child in 1st row is selected. when i expand 2nd row and do header checkbox, all the 1'st rows child is getting uncheck.

not sure how to handle this. is there any specific example or guidence?

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Oct 2021
1 answer

Hi,

I am using kendo react grid using sample available here.

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/components/grid/selection/  "Section" : Customizing the Selection, where using checkbox to read all the selected rows.

Using the above sample , i have created grid with checkbox only on rows NOT on header checkbox as single selectable row. since my grid data will be changed frequently by adding or removing rows, i am maintaining data in react hooks useState and update this state will reflect in grid. all works as expected, but, i have below issue.

I am writing onSelectionChange event where i wanted to check/uncheck based on user selection and update my state based on this selection, when i try to update state object by reading all rows in grid using event.dataitems, i get rows only on specific page where pagination is enabled.

For ex, i have two pages with 10 in each, if i am in 2nd page and read all dataitems, i get only 10 rows in 2nd page. so i wanted to know how to read all the rows in grid irrespective of pagination. is there way to get it?  the reason i'm asking is useState is not updating state immediately and i am getting previous state data and i am loosing the changes made by other events(delete/add).

here is the  onSelectionChange event.

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Sep 2021
1 answer

Hi,

In kendo react grid we were using both GridColumnMenuFilter and GridColumnMenuCheckboxFilter, the 'Filter' button aligned differently in both the components.

GridColumnMenuFilter - Filter button is aligned right side & GridColumnMenuCheckboxFilter - Filter button is aligned left side

I have attached snapshots, can you please add 

Thanks,

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jun 2021
0 answers

Hi Stefan,

We are selected all the options in GridColumnMenuCheckboxFilter and sometimes checkbox is not checked even though it selectd.

Thanks. 

Jega
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 asked on 17 Jun 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron