Telerik Forums
KendoReact Forum
1 answer

I have a price column, in Grid am using format="{0:c}" for displaying currency format. I need same format to be displayed for that particular column's GridColumnMenuCheckboxFilter also. If i update the data object, filter is not working as numeric. Need an urgent fix for this issue ?

Am using below code for wrapper: 

<GridColumnMenuWrapper
          {...props.columnMenuWrapperProps}
          data={alldata}
          expanded={true}
          searchBox={() => null}
        ></GridColumnMenuWrapper>
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2023
1 answer

I have tried to implement TreeView with checkboxes from this url https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/components/treeview/checkboxes/ but checking is not working.

Any help please?

Vessy
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2023
1 answer

I have a requirement to include a checkbox list field on a form--one field with N number of checkboxes. The value of the "field" would be a comma-delimited list of the checked values. The field can optionally be required, too, meaning at least one of the N checkboxes must be checked before the field is considered valid.  For example:

There isn't a CheckboxGroup equivalent to the RadioGroup (though people have asked about it). And the RadioGroup component doesn't seem to have a "checkbox mode."

Is there a decent way to build a checkbox list field using KendoReact? If so, how? I've toyed with the following options:

• Using an array map function within the form to render a series of <Field ... component={Checkbox} /> instances.
    • This works, but validation is a challenge since each Field has its own validation message rather than the collective field having a singular validation message.
  • Building a custom field, <Field ... component={MyCheckboxList} />, where MyCheckboxList includes several Checkbox components. This is based on the Custom Components documentation. This seems incorrect since <Field /> is meant to hold one and only one form input field not several.

I'd prefer not to hand-roll a checkbox list field without using KendoReact. I can't be the first KendoReact user to need a checkbox list on a form...right? 😀

Konstantin Dikov
    Telerik team
     answered on 03 Jul 2023
    1 answer

hii,

Suppose I am having a Table in grid where i am having total 5 columns. When I am pressing TabKey, It is going sequentially from 1 to 5 and then it is going to another row. For every row I want to skip a column. I tried with tabIndex as -1 and 99999 for particular column. I tried with eventlistener with if-else condition also, But not working for me.

https:/c/stackblitz.com/edit/react-7srkcq-wpog86?file=app/main.jsx

In this given link the table is given I want to skip "Units" column from the table. 

Currrently is is going like this ID>ProductName>FirstOrderedOn>Units>Discontinued> NextRow, I need to skip the highlighted column.

When I will press the tab key it should be start from ID>ProductName>FirstOrderedOn>Discontinued> NextRow  

Thankyou

Abhishek
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
     answered on 23 Nov 2022
    1 answer
    1.5K+ views

Hi,

I am using the KendoReact grid with checkbox selection as outlined here: https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/components/grid/selection/#toc-customizing-the-selection

I was hoping for some help on the best way to selectively hide the checkbox for certain rows based on row data while still using default Grid selection behaviours i.e. Grid selectedField, onSelectionChange and onHeaderSelectionChange.

I know that I can use a custom cell template to selectively hide or show the checkbox, but if I do this is there any way to still use the Grid onSelectionChange handler for the checkboxes that are shown? Or do I have to use the Grid onItemChange event to change the selected field instead?

Kind regards,

David

Konstantin Dikov
    Telerik team
     answered on 26 Aug 2022
    1 answer

Hi,

We have an editable grid with multiple different editable field types outside of the basic TextInput including date fields, Combobox and multiselect. One requirement is to have the Enter key add a new row to the grid from the field in the last column - no mouse involvement, only keyboard navigation. With a field type of Text Input we can successfully implement with the onKeypress event. How can this event be implemented on the other field types that may be present as the editable field in the last column?

Example stackblitz here: https://stackblitz.com/edit/react-cw51ay-yswpbg?file=app%2Fmain.jsx

Konstantin Dikov
    Telerik team
     answered on 27 Jul 2022
    1 answer

I created a custom grid cell to preselect and disable some columns based on the state, but now I am unable to select any checkboxes.

Is there a way to use the custom cell to set the checkbox values and keep the selection and selection state working the same? 

<td colSpan={props.colSpan} role={'gridcell'} aria-colindex={props.ariaColumnIndex}>
            <input
              disabled={ifAttached} // value from state
              type="checkbox"
              checked={ifAttached} // value from state
            />

</td>

Ina
    Telerik team
     answered on 24 May 2022
    1 answer

Hi,

I wanted to disable the checkbox based on it's value. Is there a proper way of disabling it?

I'm using the sample code on this page https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/components/grid/selection/#toc-customizing-the-selection

Thanks!

Filip
    Telerik team
     answered on 08 May 2022
    1 answer

Hello, I wonder if there is a possibility to make filters from this example

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/components/grid/filtering/#toc-column-menu-filter

but as links or single select items, not checkboxes. Attaching a screenshot of what I'm looking for.

In this example https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/components/grid/filtering/#toc-custom-filter-cells there is a CategoryFilterCell which would be the most similar, but I wonder if there is a way to add it as a column filter like on my screenshot?

Thank you

Filip
    Telerik team
     answered on 15 Apr 2022
    1 answer

Hello!

I am using area charts in my application that use multiple series in the chart. I want to use the Shared Tooltip to show the data for the day for all the series on the chart.

I got this working by using <ChartTooltip shared={true} />. The problem I am facing is the tooltip renders just to the right of the mouse pointer. This does not allow the user to seamlessly move the mouse to the right and see the progression of the data as the days go on because the mouse pointer moves over the tooltip and stops the sliding on the chart.

I have looked through the docs and I cant find anything on how to render the tooltip to a custom position that will move the tooltip out of the range of the mouse. Is there such a way? or a way to disable the mouseover event on the tooltip?

In the screenshot, the mouse is not captured but it is directly to the right of the tooltip. As you can see if I move the mouse right it will hover over the tooltip and wont show me for the next day.

Thanks!

Nate

Stefan
    Telerik team
     answered on 14 Oct 2021
    Narrow your results
    Selected tags
    Tags
    +? more
    Top users last month
    Mark
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Yurii
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Leland
    Top achievements
    Rank 2
    Iron
    Iron
    Iron
    Hon
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Deltaohm
    Top achievements
    Rank 3
    Bronze
    Iron
    Iron
    Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
    Top users last month
    Mark
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Yurii
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Leland
    Top achievements
    Rank 2
    Iron
    Iron
    Iron
    Hon
    Top achievements
    Rank 1
    Iron
    Deltaohm
    Top achievements
    Rank 3
    Bronze
    Iron
    Iron