Telerik Forums
KendoReact Forum
1 answer

Hi, i need to replace the minimise and restore icon. I tried using minimizeButton and restoreButton prop. but it seems the functionality doesnt work anymore. Is there a way to just change the icon without disrupting the functionality? Thanks in advance!

Here's the component.

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/components/dialogs/window/

Wissam
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Sep 2023
1 answer
We're building a new app using Fluent design principles. We're looking for the best way to implement a panel (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/fluentui#/controls/web/panel) in KendoReact. Is there anything in KendoReact that can do something similar? At the moment we're looking at customizing the telerik Window control.
Wissam
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Sep 2023
1 answer

Is it possible to customize the buttons on a Window component to add more buttons besides being able to close/minimize window similar to how I was doing it with the JQuery version?

Vessy
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Jul 2023
1 answer

Hi.

I have achieved to hide the Fullscreen and Minimize buttons of the Window component but if I double click the title bar, the window still goes to fullscreen mode, even though I set the stage to "DEFAULT". How can I avoid that double clicking on the title bar goes to full screen mode?

Example here: https://stackblitz.com/edit/react-ccd1uy?file=app%2Fmain.tsx

Thanks!

Greetings,

Bernd

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Mar 2023
2 answers

Hi,

Dropdown is not visible in dialog after upgrade to v5.11.0. It used to work with v5.1.0.

With v5.1.0, dropdown's z-index is automatically calculated based on the dialog's z-index. With v5.11.0, the dropdown's z-index is always 100, which is lower than dialog's z-index.

Please advise.

Thanks.

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 updated answer on 21 Feb 2023
1 answer

We are trying to export the pdf from mobile browser, we are getting the same view in the pdf which is expected. We wants to export the pdf always to be in the desktop layout irrespective of the device from where it is exported.

In this format we want when we will export the pdf from mobile

but we are getting this

Is there any options already provide to the PDFExport. or any other way to achieve this.

Filip
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Feb 2023
2 answers
1.3K+ views

Hello,

I am trying to import the Window component from "kendo-react-dialogs", I am using exactly the same code from the window overview doc, I have the following error.

Compiled with problems:

ERROR in ../../.yarn/__virtual__/@progress-kendo-react-dialogs-virtual-8699855f90/3/AppData/Local/Yarn/Berry/cache/@progress-kendo-react-dialogs-npm-5.9.0-71dc4341df-8.zip/node_modules/@progress/kendo-react-dialogs/dist/es/WindowTitlebar.js 18:0-61

Module not found: Error: Can't resolve '@progress/kendo-react-intl' in 'C:\Users\belmekki\IdeaProjects\wps-9952\.yarn\__virtual__\@progress-kendo-react-dialogs-virtual-8699855f90\3\AppData\Local\Yarn\Berry\cache\@progress-kendo-react-dialogs-npm-5.9.0-71dc4341df-8.zip\node_modules\@progress\kendo-react-dialogs\dist\es'

ERROR in ../../.yarn/__virtual__/@progress-kendo-react-layout-virtual-e885d3475e/3/AppData/Local/Yarn/Berry/cache/@progress-kendo-react-layout-npm-5.9.0-3a7b59be14-8.zip/node_modules/@progress/kendo-react-layout/dist/es/tabstrip/TabStripNavigation.js 44:0-55

Module not found: Error: Can't resolve '@progress/kendo-react-buttons' in 'C:\Users\belmekki\IdeaProjects\wps-9952\.yarn\__virtual__\@progress-kendo-react-layout-virtual-e885d3475e\3\AppData\Local\Yarn\Berry\cache\@progress-kendo-react-layout-npm-5.9.0-3a7b59be14-8.zip\node_modules\@progress\kendo-react-layout\dist\es\tabstrip'

My kendo-react dependency list:

"@progress/kendo-react-animation": "^5.9.0",
    "@progress/kendo-react-buttons": "^5.9.0",
    "@progress/kendo-react-dialogs": "^5.9.0",
    "@progress/kendo-react-intl": "^5.9.0",
    "@progress/kendo-react-layout": "^5.9.0",
    "@progress/kendo-react-progressbars": "^5.9.0",
    "@progress/kendo-theme-material": "^5.11.0",

For information I use react 18.2.0 with typescript version 4.4.2 and yarn as package manager, attached my react component which triggers the error.

ammak
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated answer on 14 Dec 2022
0 answers

I was asked to look at an existing application and I have exactly zero React experience...  The main form has a KendoReact grid on it, and when clicking on a button on the form, a small modal window pops up (it's not a Dialog, it's Window).

The problem is that clicking the X  to close the popup doesn't do anything at all. Maximize and minimize work, but not the X. It only goes away by refreshing the page.

This is the popup:

import { Window } from '@progress/kendo-react-dialogs';

public exportCSVFile() { let window = <Window style={{ position: "fixed", marginTop: "-100px", width: "380px", height: "355px", zIndex: "10003" }} title={"REPORT PARAMETERS"}

onClose={this.closeDialog} modal >

<div>..... </div>

</Window> return (<div>{window}</div>)

This is supposed to close it:

closeDialog() {
        this.setState({
            visibleForm: false,
        });
        this.props.closeDialog()
    }

The line "this.props.closeDialog()" goes deeper to a few other functions, but ultimately it doesn't do anything.

As I said, I don't really know React, but from looking at the code it looks like there should be a relationship between the popup and the main form, and something there is not quite right.

I've seen the sample implementations of Window, but the form I work with creates the window differently than the samples.

Any ideas? I'm not even sure if this could work the way it's done... maybe it wasn't done right initially.

nickb
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 01 Dec 2022
1 answer

Hi Team, 

Looking at this example, the width and height are set, but how can I configure the window to auto-size to wrap its content? Similar to the jQuery version.

Thanks,
Grant

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Jan 2022
1 answer

Hello, im using KendoReact Window component and i need to disable keyboard movements with arrow keys, how do i do that?

here are the things i've tried:

1) set draggable={false} prop( window can't be dragged by mouse but arrow keys still work)

2) attach global on keydown event listener and use event.preventDefault(); ( window keeps keyboard movements and firing along side with the attached keydown listener functions )

Ina
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jul 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron