Telerik Forums
KendoReact Forum
1 answer

I am using the TreeView component with draggable enabled. I don't think that the DragClue indicator is the most intuitive way to see where the drop target is. I would like to add a line to indicate where the drop target is. I attached some images showing what I am trying to achieve. I'd like to have a blue line/indicator showing when I am dropping a node between 2 other nodes, and I would like to highlight the target node when I am dropping a node on top of another node, like show in the attached screenshot.

Any ideas on how to achieve this would be appreciated!

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Apr 2024
2 answers

Hello?

I'm currently refactoring our project from Angular.js to React.

In this process, I'm working on implementing the functionality of dragging and dropping rows from a grid to a treeview, which we used in the previous Kendo jQuery version. However, I couldn't find information about this feature.

While details about drag and drop between grids or within a treeview are available, it seems that drag and drop from a grid to a treeview has not been implemented yet?

Bernd
Top achievements
Rank 5
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
 answered on 15 Nov 2023
1 answer

Hi.

I have setup an example app with a Splitter component that devides the screen between a TreeView and a DataGrid component and setup a drag&drop scenario wher I am able to drag grid rows into the tree to add tree branches.

https://stackblitz.com/edit/vitejs-vite-k3wgr5?file=src%2FApp.tsx

If I want to use the drag handles in the Datagrid to drag a grid row onto the TreeView, the row vanishes under the left side of the Splitter window but I want to keep it visible when I drag it over the tree. I already had a similar issue a while ago and tried to use the same solution but it doesn't seem to work.

Can you help me out and show me how to keep the row visible while dragging it over the tree on the left?

Thanks,

Greetings,

Bernd

Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Aug 2023
1 answer

I have tried to implement TreeView with checkboxes from this url https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/components/treeview/checkboxes/ but checking is not working.

Any help please?

Vessy
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2023
1 answer
Hello,

I'm currently developing a feature in my project using the Kendo React TreeView component to display a large amount of nested data.

However, I'm encountering performance issues due to the high volume of data I need to display. I'm curious to know whether Kendo React TreeView supports virtualization, or if there's an existing component that does?

If this feature isn't available, could you provide any guidance or suggestions on how I might manually implement this?

Best regards.
Konstantin Dikov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Jul 2023
2 answers

Input fields not accepting spaces inside the treeview component

any solution for this

VIJAY
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 05 May 2023
1 answer

Is there a way to get the treeview to work with multiple levels deep?

I've added an extra level here but it's not expanding:
https://codesandbox.io/s/nervous-dew-yw73lj?file=/app/main.tsx

Vessy
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Apr 2023
1 answer

Hi Team,

I need to build a treeview kind of feature where I can dynamically add child nodes .when user click parent node a button can be used to add child nodes.
Something like below attached snapshot. I surfed for examples but couldn't make out. Kindly share some reference to achieve this.

Wissam
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Mar 2023
1 answer

Hi,

can anyone help with this problem?

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-react-ui/components/treeview/expansion/expanding-all/

I need to expand all items by default  in treeview, but it does not work for nested hierarchy. I tried this example, but it does not work for nested json.

For example if i have sometnig like this, it does not show element 'a'?

const tree = [{
  text: 'Item1',
  items: [{
    text: 'Item1.1'
  }, {
    text: 'Item1.2',
    items:[{text:'Item a'}]
  }]
}, {
  text: 'Item2',
  items: [{
    text: 'Item2.1'
  }, {
    text: 'Item2.2'
  }]
}];
Vessy
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Feb 2023
1 answer

Hi,

can anyone provide example how to color text in treeview in react  according to  database response.

For example,if trans is equal to 10 all elements that have trans equal to 10 will be colored to red..

In this example 'Furniture' will be colored in color red, or if trans is equal to 30 'aaa' will be colored in blue for example

const tree = [{
  text: 'Furniture',
  trans:10,
  items: [{
    text: 'Tables & Chairs',
    trans:20,
  }, {
    text: 'Sofas',
    trans:50,
  }, {
    text: 'Occasional Furniture',
  }]
}, {
  text: 'Decor',
  items: [{
    text: 'Bed Linen',
    items:[{text:'aaa'trans:30}]
  }, {
    text: 'Curtains & Blinds',
    trans:50
  }, {
    text: 'Carpets',
    trans:50
  }]
}];

Wissam
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2023
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron