Telerik Forums
Fiddler Forum
1 answer
I would like to suggest that Fiddler products be added to the Progress Control Panel to allow better management of updates and installations.
Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Aug 2023
0 answers
我尝试了所有方法,但无法解密他的HTTPS。请帮助我。

网址:https://visa.vfsglobal.com/chn/zh/pol/

请尝试使用 F5 刷新页面,它会提示:对不起,您已被阻止。

谢谢。
ss
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 26 Jun 2023
1 answer

I know that Fiddler uses local DNS resolver as it didn't work on some test sites that only worked through DoH geobypassing proxy. Are there any trick/method to make Fiddler respect browsers DoH setting? If not, would you guys please consider adding it since DoH/DoT seems to be very useful/popular these days.

Here's some use case scenarios

• You want to hide your DNS queries from your ISP while doing Fiddler session on a browser.
  • Your ISP filters your DNS (transparent DNS proxy, etc) and you want to debug sites that are blocked by your ISP with Fiddler.
  • You want to debug geo-blocked sites which can be bypassed by geo-bypassing DoH resolver.
  • and so on.

You can also add following to any of the scenarios above if we think alternative solutions like using Windows 10/11, configuring DoH on the router, using VPN, etc.

• "you use an operating system that doesn't support configuring DoH/DoT"
  • "your ISP/Organization blocks VPN/proxies"
  • "your router doesn't support DoH/DoT"

BTW, I know Microsoft natively added DoH in Windows 10 more than a year ago, DoT to Windows 11 insider build a few months ago. I don't know if Fiddler works on them (works as in properly using DoH/DoT) as i don't use those OSes. I am curious to know about it though.

Anyways,

Here's quick guide to confirm that Fiddler/Firefox bypasses DNS-over-HTTPS just in case anyone wants to test.

Open Firefox (Use this guide for other browsers)

1. Click the menu button Fx89menuButtonand select Settings.
  2. In the General panel, scroll down to Network Settings and click the Settings… button
  3. Check "Use system proxy settings"
  4. Scroll down to Enable DNS over HTTPS.
    • On: Select the Enable DNS over HTTPS checkbox.
      Check Custom and paste this server (this is DoH DNS resolver that blocks social media sites we are using for the test)
    • https://freedns.controld.com/p3
    • Press OK

5. Open www.facebook.com and it should be blocked.

6. Now open Fiddler and try to open www.facebook.com again on the browser. Facebook will work.

Nick Iliev
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Oct 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron