+ Toolbar
      + Splitter Vertical
           +Splitterpane
                 -Overview Grid
           +Splitterpane
                 - Detail
                       +TelerikEditForm
                            -lot of stuff-

Problem: How to get an infromation if the EditForm IsModified() and someone uses the navigation to fire an other page.

User request: Please show a dialog to ask user for abort  or save.

So I was looking for an OnBlur() Event. But there is no such an event I can Intercept the Action.

I've no idea how I can solve this request. Ok, no simple way... :-) 

This is such a typical situation that I can't imagine it can't be solved with Blazor's built-in tools. But I currently have tomatoes on my eyes. Probably, I can't see the forest for the trees right now.

Any hint would be gratefully received. :-)

Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
 answered on 09 Nov 2023
2 answers

Hello,

I have a splitter with 2 pane's and in each pane a grid with sizable columns.

When one resizes a column in a grid inside a pane of the splitter one of the panes collapses instead of resizing the column.

Please note: Only the first time when the page is opened it is going not good!

Kind regards,

demo code to reproduce:

@using TelerikBlazorDemos.DataAccess.Services
@using TelerikBlazorDemos.DataAccess.Dto
@page "/grid/column-resizing"
@inject HttpClient http
<DemoConfigurator>
    <DemoConfiguratorColumn Description="Auto Fit Columns">
        <TelerikButton OnClick="@AutoFitAllColumns">AutoFit All Columns</TelerikButton>
        <TelerikButton OnClick="@AutoFitColumn">AutoFit Name Column</TelerikButton>
    </DemoConfiguratorColumn>
</DemoConfigurator>
                    <TelerikSplitter Orientation="@SplitterOrientation.Horizontal">
                        <SplitterPanes>
                            <SplitterPane Collapsible="false" >
<TelerikGrid @ref="Grid"
             Data="@GridData"
             Width="100%"
             Height="350px"
             Sortable="true"
             Resizable="true"
             Pageable="true">
    <GridColumns>
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(ProductDto.ProductIdWidth="120px" MaxResizableWidth="250" Title="ID" />
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(ProductDto.ProductNameId="productName" Width="200px" MinResizableWidth="120" Title="Name"/>
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(ProductDto.UnitPriceWidth="140px" Title="Price" />
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(ProductDto.UnitsInStockWidth="160px" Title="In stock" />
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(ProductDto.QuantityPerUnitWidth="210px" MinResizableWidth="100" MaxResizableWidth="400" Title="Quantity per unit" />
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(ProductDto.DiscontinuedWidth="160px" Title="Discontinued" />
    </GridColumns>
</TelerikGrid>
                            </SplitterPane>
                            <SplitterPane Collapsible="false" >
<TelerikGrid @ref="Grid"
             Data="@GridData"
             Width="100%"
             Height="350px"
             Sortable="true"
             Resizable="true"
             Pageable="true">
    <GridColumns>
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(ProductDto.ProductIdWidth="120px" MaxResizableWidth="250" Title="ID" />
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(ProductDto.ProductNameId="productName" Width="200px" MinResizableWidth="120" Title="Name"/>
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(ProductDto.UnitPriceWidth="140px" Title="Price" />
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(ProductDto.UnitsInStockWidth="160px" Title="In stock" />
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(ProductDto.QuantityPerUnitWidth="210px" MinResizableWidth="100" MaxResizableWidth="400" Title="Quantity per unit" />
        <GridColumn Field=@nameof(ProductDto.DiscontinuedWidth="160px" Title="Discontinued" />
    </GridColumns>
</TelerikGrid>
                            </SplitterPane>                            
                        </SplitterPanes>
                    </TelerikSplitter>                            
@code {
    private ProductService _productService;
    private ProductService ProductService
    {
        get
        {
            if(_productService == null)
            {
                _productService = new ProductService(http);
            }
            return _productService;
        }
    }
    public TelerikGrid<ProductDto> Grid { get; set; }
    public IEnumerable<ProductDto> GridData { get; set; }
    protected override async Task OnInitializedAsync()
    {
        GridData = await ProductService.GetProducts();
    }
    private async Task AutoFitAllColumns()
    {
        await Grid.AutoFitAllColumnsAsync();
    }
    private async Task AutoFitColumn()
    {
        await Grid.AutoFitColumnAsync("productName");
    }
}
Sander
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 updated answer on 01 Nov 2023
0 answers

In a TelerikSplitter when I click a button that causes data to load, every element at that level and lower gets the attribute tabindex="-1" for a split second and then the property is removed. Is there any function of the Splitter or Loader/LoaderContainer that would do this? This causes explicitly set tabindex attributes to be completely removed.

Update/Solution: 

I determined that this was the result of an intermediate Blazor component calling some JavaScript to disable tabbing on load. This issue is unrelated to the Telerik LoaderContainer.

David
Top achievements
Rank 1
 updated question on 23 Oct 2023
1 answer
In my current development project, which is based on Blazor, I extensively use the splitter in conjunction with BlazorSize to manage overflow and reconstruct the scrollbar.

While this setup works effectively, the user experience is not optimal. This is because the scrollbar, computed by BlazorSize, only appears after the mouse button is released. I considered utilizing the SizeChanged event to address this issue, but it too is triggered only after the mouse button is released.

Is there a way to configure the Splitter to trigger these events during the dragging motion, rather than waiting until the mouse button is released?
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2023
1 answer
 Hello,

How to collapse the pane using their collapse/expand buttons  or double-clicking the split bars,
 so that the minimum size the pane is taken into account.
 Currently the whole panel is closed.

Thank you very much
Dimo
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Mar 2023
1 answer
If the splitter pane is collapsed,  its content is disposed and re-initialized again when the user expands the pane.

Is there a way to keep a pane content? 
Nadezhda Tacheva
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jan 2023
1 answer

Environment Details: 

Edge Version 105.0.1343.53 (64-bit)

Repro Steps:

1. Go to Telerik REPL for Blazor - The best place to play, experiment, share & learn using Blazor. and hit "Run"
  2. Turn on aquatic high contrast mode 
  3. Verify that in high contrast Aquatic theme, the splitter divider (especially on mouseover) and buttons are completely visible or not.

Actual Result: 

In high contrast Aquatic theme, the splitter and its buttons are not completely visible.

Note:

1. Similar issue observed in desert mode - separator is not visible

Expected Result:

In high contrast Aquatic theme, the splitter divider (especially on mouseover) and buttons should be completely visible
Dimo
Telerik team
 updated answer on 03 Nov 2022
1 answer

Environment Details: 

Chrome Version 105.0.5195.127 (64-bit)
Edge Version 105.0.1343.53 (64-bit)
Windows 11 Pro

Repro Steps:

1. Go to Telerik REPL for Blazor - The best place to play, experiment, share & learn using Blazor and hit the "Run" button
  2. Turn on NVDA / Narrator
  3. Tab till Separator
  4. Verify that NVDA / Narrator is announcing separator with a value like "50 separator" or not (regardless of the position of the separator)

Actual Result: 

NVDA is announcing the separator along with a prefix value like "50 " irrespective of the position of the separator
Narrator is announcing the current value as 50 irrespective of the position of the separator

Expected Result:

NVDA / Narrator should announce separator value with respect to position value for the separator (or no separator value at all)

Nadezhda Tacheva
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2022
1 answer

Hi,

I need to make a responsive layout with a splitter.

If I remove a SplitterPane with Telerik MediaQuery it renders in a different order, same as this question:

https://feedback.telerik.com/blazor/1509284-splitter-order-changed-after-hiding-and-showing-pane?_ga=2.220935836.529993596.1645460989-111903490.1447636048

I cannot recreate the whole layout, because one div will use leafletjs. I'm not using Telerik map because it lacks many features I need.

Example code:

https://blazorrepl.telerik.com/ccuQmwQF26uBicm739

For me the best solution would be to have something by Telerik like: https://golden-layout.com/ or https://www.htmlelements.com/blazor/blazor-ui/demos/blazor-dockinglayout?id=basic

Marin Bratanov
Telerik team
 answered on 22 Feb 2022
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?