Telerik Forums
UI for Xamarin Forum
11 answers

Granted, I sometimes clearly miss the obvious and that might be what's going on here, so my apologies ahead of time.

I'm trying to get the Tagit tutorial going and I might be missing some supplemental document or project, but the tutorial doesn't it make it clear as to exactly what's needed to do the necessary steps. For instance, it notes "Once the project is created, adding a "Getting Started" component is as simple as adding a page, adding a reference to the appropriate Telerik namespace, dropping in a SlideView control, and connecting it to the view-model:". However, I'm not quite sure what type of View needs to be added (I was assuming a ContentView), to which project (I'm assuming the Portable project), and what viewmodel (I don't see any viewmodels)? When I tried adding a ContentView and inserted the SlideView sample code into the content area, I cannot compile as I get a number of errors including errors with "gs" files.

Once I get past this steps, will the future steps have the same perception of generality of directions?

What would be great is if I could download the completed project and that might give me some much needed hints as to what I'm missing, but if I want to do it entirely myself then it seems the tutorial is missing some other references.

For the record, I've always been extremely satisfied with the professionalism and help that the Telerik team has offered. I don't have any doubts that I'll be able to eventually get this going.

My system: I'm on Windows 10 (version 1803...and, no, I cannot upgrade to 1903 due to corporate standardization); Visual Studio 2019 (version 16.2.0), and I've updated Xamarin.Forms to 4.2.0.618605-pre2.

Lance | Senior Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Aug 2019
1 answer
I have just installed the Telerik UI For Xamarin on my VS 2019 for the Mac.
Following the documentation for Getting Started for the Mac.
https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/xamarin/installation-and-deployment/mac/getting-started-mac

I also installed the Project wizard for Visual Studio for the Mac
https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/xamarin/installation-and-deployment/mac/project-wizard

I have been attempting to get the Telerik Toolbox to show up when I click on a XAML file.
I cannot get the Toolbox to show up, yes I have tried searching for the Toolbox and nothing Xamarin related shows up. Yes I can use t he New Project wizard to create a new project.

Once I installed the Telerik Xamarin Add-In extension via the Extension manager. I can no longer open any .xaml or .cs file, well I can open them but the contents are not displayed.

If I disable the Telerik Xamarin Add-In extension and close and re-launch VS for the Mac, I can at least open and see the contents of .xaml and .cs files.
Attached are some pictures with the extension enabled and disabled showing that with it enabled I can't see the contents of files and with it disabled I can.

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Jul 2019
1 answer

Hello,

I looked https://www.telerik.com/support/whats-new/xamarin-ui/release-history,

latest version  ---> UI for Xamarin R2 2019 (version 2019.2.708.360)

But on visual studio nuget manager shows latest stable (version  2019.1.318.1)

How can i fix this?

Thanks

Telerik team
 answered on 11 Jul 2019
1 answer
Hello everyone,
I'm currently in the design stages of a new app for iOS and Android. I currently have a predecessor version of this new app for iOS on market, but am looking to revamp it.
I've been looking at Xamarin, because it does offer cross-platform coding. But I'm more confused about how it works.
From what I've gathered - I create a core business logic project in Xamarin, which I then compile into a seperate library, imported into Android Studio and Xcode projects. From there, I use the native development tools to tie the UI interface into the business logic layer, and viola - app is finished.
Granted, this is a very basic way of describing of how things are done - but is it accurate? I wager that all of the models I create in the core business project - to ship between the presentation controllers and logic layer - will be easily accessible and can be directly referenced in the UI project as well?
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jul 2019
1 answer

I wasn't able to find in the docs if Xamarin Forms 4.x was yet supported. Is there a place we can go to find out the latest Forms version Telerik supports?

ian

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Jul 2019
5 answers

Hi,

We're using Telerik controls in our Xamarin Forms application. We use the Material Visual package through out the application to ensure everything looks as expected on all platforms. This looks and works great. The only problem is that when using telerik controls like the auto complete view, it is jarring as the visual is just too different (i.e. the placeholder not moving to be smaller / top left).

As the material view is created / maintained by Xamarin - are you looking to ensure that your controls look / act the same where applicable?

Thanks,

Tom

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Jul 2019
1 answer

Is there a way to detect killing the app by the user. If user kills an app from recent apps. 

Thanks in advance.

Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jun 2019
7 answers

Hi

I have followed the blog post on Using UI for Xamarin in Visual Studio for Mac and successfully added and logged on to the Telerik NuGet source. However I do not see any packages under this source.

Could someone please help

Thanks

Steve

Telerik team
 answered on 30 May 2019
2 answers

Any components used in iOS will result in an app crash if AppShell is used. I have an example project if it's helpful, but it's simply the Visual Studio 2019 App Shell starter project with the AboutPage's button replaced with a RadButton. I'm using Forms v3.6.

The exception appears to happen when the trial popup is attempted to be shown. The page actually loads just fine. It works fine on Android.

Here is the exception:

{System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.<br>  at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.Platform.PageIsChildOfPlatform (Xamarin.Forms.Page page) [0x00008] in <7402bf39df944a9ebf61606e5f9c45a4>:0 <br>  at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.Platform.<.ctor>b__7_1 (Xamarin.Forms.Page sender, Xamarin.Forms.Internals.AlertArguments arguments) [0x00000] in <7402bf39df944a9ebf61606e5f9c45a4>:0 <br>  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&)<br>  at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0003b] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/12.8.0.2/src/Xamarin.iOS/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:305 }

And the stack trace:

at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0004f] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/12.8.0.2/src/Xamarin.iOS/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:313
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/12.8.0.2/src/Xamarin.iOS/mcs/class/referencesource/mscorlib/system/reflection/methodbase.cs:229
  at Xamarin.Forms.MessagingCenter+Subscription.InvokeCallback (System.Object sender, System.Object args) [0x00064] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\MessagingCenter.cs:94
  at Xamarin.Forms.MessagingCenter.InnerSend (System.String message, System.Type senderType, System.Type argType, System.Object sender, System.Object args) [0x0006b] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\MessagingCenter.cs:217
  at Xamarin.Forms.MessagingCenter.Xamarin.Forms.IMessagingCenter.Send[TSender,TArgs] (TSender sender, System.String message, TArgs args) [0x00013] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\MessagingCenter.cs:115
  at Xamarin.Forms.MessagingCenter.Send[TSender,TArgs] (TSender sender, System.String message, TArgs args) [0x00000] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\MessagingCenter.cs:108
  at Xamarin.Forms.Page.DisplayAlert (System.String title, System.String message, System.String accepHeret, System.String cancel) [0x0001f] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\Page.cs:150
  at Xamarin.Forms.Page.DisplayAlert (System.String title, System.String message, System.String cancel) [0x00000] in D:\a\1\s\Xamarin.Forms.Core\Page.cs:141
  at Telerik.XamarinForms.Common.TelerikLicense+<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<ShowLicenseMessage>b__0 () [0x00000] in <0302126de1354584b6d9ea691c6c524a>:0
  at Telerik.XamarinForms.Common.Dispatcher+<>c__DisplayClass6_0.<ProcessItemsInQueue>b__0 () [0x00036] in <0302126de1354584b6d9ea691c6c524a>:0
  at Foundation.NSAsyncActionDispatcher.Apply () [0x00000] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/12.8.0.2/src/Xamarin.iOS/Foundation/NSAction.cs:152
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at (wrapper managed-to-native) UIKit.UIApplication.UIApplicationMain(int,string[],intptr,intptr)
  at UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.IntPtr principal, System.IntPtr delegate) [0x00005] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/12.8.0.2/src/Xamarin.iOS/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:79
  at UIKit.UIApplication.Main (System.String[] args, System.String principalClassName, System.String delegateClassName) [0x0002c] in /Library/Frameworks/Xamarin.iOS.framework/Versions/12.8.0.2/src/Xamarin.iOS/UIKit/UIApplication.cs:63
  at LivePersonAuto.iOS.Application.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00001] in /Users/bdean/code/LivePersonAuto/LivePersonAuto.iOS/Main.cs:17

Is there any fix or workaround for this? It's making it impossible for us to evaluate Telerik beyond our logon screen. Thank you.

Brad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 May 2019
3 answers

Hi all,

This happened randomly when we tap on a chart section to go to detail, sometimes it doesn’t fire selection event and sometime when it fires it gives null reference exception.and some times when we tap on a chart selection, application is terminating even its not giving any error in Xamarin forms IOS Project

Yana
Telerik team
 answered on 08 May 2019
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?