Telerik Forums
UI for Xamarin Forum
8 answers

Hi,

In our chat application we receive Author avatars as byte arrays. I see that in the chat control the Avatar property on Author is a string and it isn't clear how one would use a dynamic image, is there any guidance on achieving this?

thanks

Lance | Senior Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2019
4 answers

Hi,

We are currently trying to integrate the chat UI with our Xamarin app, and things are going ok however on iOS the rendering of the control looks a little less polished and bits are missing. I have attached an image demonstrating it in this post. I have annotated the image. On Android these issues are not a problem.

The Telerik controls have been installed via the official Nuget package source. We are using the latest version of Xamarin Forms and the Telerik controls.

Questions;

1. How can we improve the iOS rendering?

2. How can we further customise the entry box etc.? I see another post reference a control template, but I can't seem to find the control template XAML anywhere?

many thanks

Petar Marchev
Telerik team
 answered on 28 May 2019
3 answers

Good Day 

it looks like i am the only one testing this control  lol , i have made it to work  , i am just missing a few things. 

1) How do you remove a specific chat from a Chat List  ? 

2) How do you Select Chat and be show selected Chats ?

3) How do you Clear the Whole Radchat Control ?

4) How do you refresh by adding new chat item wihout the whole control flickering ?

5) i am currently using a webservice to bind the chat and its working nice. now i want to refresh it on intervals. How is that normally done without Push Notification ? (OneSignal does not always work) 

Thanks 

Thanks 

Telerik team
 answered on 30 Oct 2018
1 answer

Hello,

I started testing the ConversationalUI today and I couldn't find on documentation if it is possible to display author name and hide the avatar.

Is it possible to do it?

If not, is it possible to use a custom layout?

Thanks

Telerik team
 answered on 26 Oct 2018
Top users last month
Patrick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Iron
MIS
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
Marcin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?