Telerik Forums
UI for Xamarin Forum
1 answer

Ever since we upgraded to the latest Telerik package 2021.1.119.1 we get the following error when we compile in Release mode using .Net Native tool chain. I've redacted paths below.

ILT0005: 'C:\Users\<redacted>\.nuget\packages\runtime.win10-x64.microsoft.net.native.compiler\2.2.9-rel-29512-01\tools\x64\ilc\Tools\nutc_driver.exe @"C:\<redacted>.rsp"' returned exit code 1

Lance | Senior Manager Technical Support
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Feb 2021
2 answers

I posted the following to the Xamarin forums but am not getting any responses.  Note that I tried to study your real-world example apps but even they seem to be using the now outdated technology? (I also could not get them to compile...getting errors about the NuGet paths being too long even though I extracted the code to my desktop...not super worried about that now though).

I'm new to Xamarin and want to create a cross-platform app to replace a click-once WinForms app. I have a Sql Azure database that I want to keep using. But the components to use are beyond confusing. I need local (offline) storage of course. Is Microsoft still supporting Mobile? In what seems to be the right approach, I end up at: "app-service-mobile/app-service-mobile-value-prop" (sorry, as a first-time poster I'm not being allowed to publish the full link). At that location I see: "This content has been retired and may not be updated in the future. The product, service, or technology mentioned in this content is no longer supported." And that article was written on 6/25/2019.
So, what is "today's" approach to using an Azure back-end service (and database) + having offline (temporary) storage? I'm new to Sqlite too (but very well versed in Sql Server). Am I now facing a complete "roll my own" solution?

One note, in case it matters, I don't want to use Entity Framework. Staying low level is fine with me (Sql code, etc.).

Larry
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
 answered on 05 Oct 2020
1 answer

Hello all,

I could really use some help identifying an approach/control on this problem. I'm trying to implement something like is seen in Facebook or Instagram where one can type a friend/contact name, a list of suggestions appears, and then the user can select one to insert, that selection is added and appears differently than the other text. This doesn't seem like a huge ask but I cannot find anything close to it other than some completely custom solution.

Desired text example: Here is your Suggestion that was Selected.

I would be glad to hear any suggestions. Controls to start with to add the functionality to. Keywords that I may not be aware of that are used for the functionality I'm describing. Anything would be helpful.

Thanks!
Adam.g

Telerik team
 answered on 05 Oct 2020
4 answers

Hi,

I was wondering if there's any guidance on how to handle Dark mode with Telerik Controls?

We are currently using RadDataFrom and under dark mode, the form still have white background with white text making it unreadable.

Thanks

john
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
 answered on 17 Sep 2020
1 answer

Hi there!
Maybe sbdy can help. When I use the themes by adding these lines to App.xaml
"<ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>
                <ResourceDictionary MergedWith="telerikCommon:BlueResources"/>
                <ResourceDictionary MergedWith="telerikInput:TelerikThemeStyles"/>
                <ResourceDictionary MergedWith="primitives:TelerikThemeStyles"/>
                <ResourceDictionary MergedWith="chart:TelerikThemeStyles"/>
                <ResourceDictionary MergedWith="telerikDataControls:TelerikThemeStyles" />
                <ResourceDictionary MergedWith="dataGrid:TelerikThemeStyles"/>
            </ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>

"
The android application silently crashes on startup. It is not working at all. But it only has this problem when installed using APK file. If running on the phone from visual studio in debug mode ist works.
I am using Android 8.0
Telerik UI for Xamarin is in Trial Mode (with Dialog at Startup)

Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Aug 2020
1 answer

I'm trying to set up the sample android application from https://github.com/telerik/Android-samples

I cloned the Git repo and am obviously missing the Telerik libraries needed for the application.

When I try to install the Telerik libraries using Nuget Package Manager, I get the following error:

"Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error        Could not install package 'Xamarin.Android.Support.Animated.Vector.Drawable 25.1.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'MonoAndroid,Version=v6.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author."

It seems that the project is broken, or doesn't work with VS 2019, because I am definitely not targeting v6.0 and the error doesn't change when I change target versions (both manifest and build versions).

I tried opening the project in VS 2017, but received a message that the project is incompatible and should be opened in VS 2015 or earlier.

The sample app hasn't been updated on GitHub for at least 2 years.

Is there any plans to update these samples to work on current dev environments?

Telerik team
 answered on 20 Aug 2020
1 answer

I added follow code in my project, and it worked on debug mode(both simulator and phsical device), but when I release version to appstore testflight, It crashed app on the start moment.

Version is: 2020.2.513.1, from Nuget

<telerikPrimitives:RadBusyIndicator x:Name="busyIcon"
    WidthRequest="50"
    HeightRequest="50"
    AnimationContentHeightRequest="30"
    AnimationContentWidthRequest="30"
    AnimationType="Animation3"
    InputTransparent="True"
    AnimationContentColor="#0010FF"
    IsBusy="True" />

Crash log:

Unhandled Exception:
System.FormatException: Missing property Angle for type Telerik.XamarinForms.Common.RadRotateTransform.
  at Telerik.XamarinForms.Common.RadAnimation.ParsePropertyPath () <0x1046a88d0 + 0x002ac> in <929afeb7a38f475f9d99bceb2d877ef0#66a759f5bd22eddc758fd4fd4947aae4>:0
  at Telerik.XamarinForms.Common.RadAnimation.UpdateTargetPropertyValue (System.Object value) <0x1046a8850 + 0x00037> in <929afeb7a38f475f9d99bceb2d877ef0#66a759f5bd22eddc758fd4fd4947aae4>:0
  at Telerik.XamarinForms.Common.RadDoubleAnimation.OnAnimationValueChanged (System.Double value) <0x1046a91b0 + 0x00053> in <929afeb7a38f475f9d99bceb2d877ef0#66a759f5bd22eddc758fd4fd4947aae4>:0
  at Telerik.XamarinForms.Common.RadDoubleAnimation.OnAnimationTick (System.String animationName, System.Double value) <0x1046a9130 + 0x0003b> in <929afeb7a38f475f9d99bceb2d877ef0#66a759f5bd22eddc758fd4fd4947aae4>:0
  at Telerik.XamarinForms.Common.RadAnimation.Telerik.XamarinForms.Common.Animations.IDoubleAnimationListener.OnAnimati<…>
Didi
Telerik team
 answered on 14 May 2020
6 answers
I've recently gotten this message when submitting to Test Flight:
ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs . See https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview for more information.

I am not using UIWebView anywhere in my application, so I'm wondering do any of the Telerik Xamarin controls use it?
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Apr 2020
7 answers

I tested a few days with a trial version and today purchased a developer license. I downloaded and installed the "licensed" setup. 

Nevertheless, the nuget feed still contains the trail packages. Even when i enter the url https://nuget.telerik.com/nuget/Packages in a browser. My username is correctly attached to the license (Manage Licensed Users).

Do i need to cancel the trial? I could not find an option to do so. Any help appreciated. Thank you!

deftb
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Apr 2020
3 answers

Hi,

I played around with your Gauge control and noticed it has a gradient range. But do you have an option to set a gradient background on other controls - it should be "easy" since you already developed the gradient feature?  

Telerik team
 answered on 16 Apr 2020
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?