Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
1 answer

Programmatically i'm selecting cells in RadGridView based on row and column. Search is done by column name and cell value. Grid records binded to the model by record properties. In my case column name could be different from record' property name, ex. translated to another language. Im wonder if there are a way to handle internaly record's column names but show on the grid custom names instead?

Binding is done by behavior:RadGridCustomBindingBehavior.Columns="{Binding GridColumns}", so [DisplayName("CustomColumnName")] is not applyed to the grid

Thank you

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2023
1 answer

Hello,

How can I select all expanded/visible rows in a radgridview control, which have been grouped and possibly filtered, even if the rows fall out of view of the window container?

I have a window that contains a radgridview and a button that is outside of the grid which selects or deselects all visible rows in the radgridview. An end user may add multiple groupings and filters. There is a lot of data in the item source, at the time of this test over 3 thousand rows. The resulting data display after the end user has made changes will likely exceed the window containers viewable area. when I implemented the line of code below only the expanded row visible in the window was selected. The expanded rows that I had to scroll down to see were not selected. I would like to select all of the expanded/visible rows.

var visibleRows = grdBatches.ChildrenOfType<GridViewRow>();

I have read that ChildrenOfType<T> works on visual elements. In another forum question, the answer stated that the use of visual elements is not advised when working with virtualized controls such as the radgridview.

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Feb 2023
0 answers

In Gridview collection, once collection is loaded from data source, we evaluate some conditions, that depends on previous records. Such that if previous record and current record has same Owner Id, then hide signature of current record i.e. IsVisible=false; else make it visible. 

e.g.

index 0:     {OwnerId = 123, IsVisible=True}        // Index 0 is always true

index 1:      {OnwerId = 123, IsVisible = false}    // Index 1 Owner Id == Index 0 Owner Id

index 2:     {OwnerId = 456, IsVisible = true}   // index 2 Owner id != index 1 Owner Id

Index 3:     {OwnerId = 567,  IsVisible = true}

Index 4:   {OwnerId = 567, IsVisible =  false}

Before using VirtualQueryableCollectionView, we can easily iterate collection, but as VirtualQueryableCollectionView is loading items on demand, therefore I need to iterate collection on each load.

If I implement such evaluation in ItemsLoading or ItemsLoaded event, It hurts performance. I want suitable place, where itemsLoading is completed, new collection is rendered in gridview and then I can iterate collection.

Is it possible in VirtualQueryableCollectionView. Is it right way to handle such situation. What can be alternative.

Kamran
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Veteran
 asked on 28 May 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron