Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
1 answer

I have a RadBusyIndicator and inside it I have several other controls; the structure is bit complex and there are several DB operations are performed in that and while performing that DB operations we are setting IsBusy property of RadBusyIndicator as per progress to true and false. But after invoking this property keyboard focus is shifted to the main window which is not the correct behavior. 

I want my focus on the current control from where I am calling some commands, and it is doing some DB operations.

I have gone through the below solution, but it is not much helpful in my case because the structure of my code is bit complex and I don't want BusyIndication invoked every five seconds as mentioned in this link - "how to restore the focus"

Any help regarding this is much appreciated.

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Dec 2023
1 answer

Hello,

I've got a RadGridView populated with an ObservableCollection of data that is loaded externally. The process of loading the data and displaying it takes some time and I would like to show something to the user to indicate busyness. 

I know RadGridView has a built in IsBusy property, Unfortunately, the indicator doesn't appear until the data has already loaded - I've tested this by setting IsBusy to true when I define it - it only appears once the grid is loaded and the data is displayed. I've also tried using the BusyIndicator and wrapping the grid with this but encountered the same problem in that it would only display once the rest of the grid was displayed.

I wonder if I'm missing something and there is still a way of using the in-built feature for my needs?

Cheers,

Toby

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Nov 2022
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron