Telerik Forums
UI for WPF Forum
1 answer

I am using RadTabItem s. One of them has a RadGridView. EnableRowVirtualization on the grid is set to true as it is by default.

When you change to another tab then change back to the tab with this grid, it is very slow. I am testing with about 2,000 rows. I set EnableRowVirtualization to false and loading and clearing the grid is a little slower, but it's quicker to switch back into the tab with the grid.

It seems to me that switching in and out of this tab when row virtualization is enabled, the grid is disposing and reloading the rows. Loading and clearing the grid with virtualization enabled is faster, but changing tabs is significantly slower than when it's disabled.

I have looked through all the attributes of RadGridView and tried setting a few of them with no luck.

I am trying to figure out if there is some setting/attribute for the RadGridView or RadTabItem I can configure to have tabbing as quick and it is when row virtualization is disabled.

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Nov 2022
1 answer

Hello.

I posted a post a while ago and had the desired solution.

https://www.telerik.com/forums/error-empty-gridview-message-content-in-gridview-sdk

However, in this case, there was only one grid view in the tab control and the other items were of different types.

Now I need multiple gridviews inside the tab control.

If you add multiple gridviews, an error like the link above will occur.

The first gridview passes, but errors start in the remaining 2nd and 3rd gridviews.

The attached example is just adding TabItems from the previous link and deferring InsertAdditionalContentControl .

How to solve this?

Thanks.

Martin Ivanov
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Aug 2021
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
+? more
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yurii
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leland
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Iron
Iron
Hon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Deltaohm
Top achievements
Rank 3
Bronze
Iron
Iron